For me, yet  another super boring weekend which is perfect.  B)

Friday.. WFH, already spent the am doing house chores and cleaning up the landscaping for a couple of dandelion removal, new light bulb in one of the exterior ground lighting as I am expecting my contractor to come out today to do the mulch application.  

I also plan to start the Scorpion #3 build today.. will take my e bike out for a quick ride in the afternoon, play some tunes in my music room early evening, and watch TV before calling it.

Saturday.. given weather is nice, I plan to take my STI out for a weekend drive after early morning house chores.. otherwise, continue on with the Scorpion build and go ride my e-bike in the morning.  Afternoon will be spent probably finishing up the Scorpion.  I should be getting my rolling drawer for the garage as well.. this is a dedicated mobile drawer with treated wood top dedicated for RC.  It's a perfect compact size too at 20 x 18 x 37" (WDH)..2 ball bearing drawers, 2 shelf space with door to place my transmitter and bulkier items inside.

Evening will be spent streaming a movie.

Sunday.. basically a copy of Saturday.. will probably drive my Scorpion as well outside in the morning before lazy and annoying neighborhood kids come out to play.  

Have a great weekend, everyone!  B)

• Like 1

Went to Skomer today, 27mph winds, heavy showers and a 2 years clinging to my chest the entire time round didn't make for great photography conditions, but managed a few snaps. 

Compress_20230504_223641_1585.thumb.jpg.9bb24f49343db76008b566d58564ed62.jpgCompress_20230504_223641_1850.thumb.jpg.c0eb029dd90c82b9dc38d15fa2e94873.jpg

Compress_20230504_223642_2183.jpg

• Like 5

Fabulous pics @Elbowloh !

It's Friday at last for me, and while this weekend will potentially be more relaxing than last, I don't think it's going to be plain sailing.  Last weekend was hard work - spent most of it entertaining a 6-year-old as my wife was either in London or in bed with the virus she picked up in London.  Apart from Sunday, when I travelled over 400 miles to look at a motorbike for a friend, left home at 5am, got back after 6pm, with only a few short stops on the way to stretch my legs, grab some food and catch up with friends at the Broxtowe round of the Iconic Cup.

The week has been crazy too as I've been sorting out the payment / collection / delivery of said motorbike, taking delivery of a big consignment of vintage stuff to catalog and sell on behalf of said friend, and desperately trying to find time to do last month's finances and my tax return.

So, I'm long overdue for a quiet weekend.  Sadly I don't think I'll get one :lol:

Friday - my usual "finish early" plan has fallen flat because I usually work longer hours earlier in the week, but thanks to the Bank Holiday Monday, I wasn't able to do that, so I'll be working longer today.  Plus I can't go for my usual walk as my wife is running a workshop today, so I need to be on hand for school collection (although tonight is supposed to be the first off-duty night I've had in nearly 2 weeks - but hey ho).  Plus we forget to get some birthday presents for the weekend, and because my wife is busy with her workshop, I'll have to go buy something.  I'm told book tokens are a good shout.

If I manage to get any free time between work, pressie shopping and school run, I'll probably start photographing and writing listings for the vintage stuff to sell.

Heads-up: this week it's a Bear Hawk runner with spare body, box and manual.

Evening - try to make progress on a novel (or at least do something creative) and have a couple of long-overdue beers (note to self: put beers in fridge).

Apparently there's some royalty type thing going on in London today, but that's a long way from here, the only difference it makes to us peasants is who we pay our taxes to.

Saturday - daddy/daughter day.  I'd love to have a quiet day cuddling in front of Disney films, but we have two birthday parties to go to.  First is a 2.5-hour woodland party which will either be really good fun or really painful, depending on how bad my back is, then it's an hour drive to my sister's place for my nieces' joint birthday party (paradox: they are two sisters who share the same birthday but are not twins).  Also the only way to get there is directly past the spectators' entrance to Badminton Horse Trials, so the hour journey could potentially take a little longer than that, especially the return journey which will take place during kick-out time.

Evening - cooking barbecue beans (assuming I'm home early enough) and probably fall asleep in front of a film.

Sunday - in theory, it's Workshop Sunday.  I say in theory because in practice it has been cancelled several times recently due to wife having an illness relapse and me having to take over childcare duties.  However, if all goes to plan, I'll be making some adjustments to the shock mounts for the SRB Superlight, finishing off the custom chassis for the Hotshot racer project, and maybe doing a full test assembly for a light run around the lane.  I may also swap out the standard shocks on the Supershot re-re for some Tamiya CVAs which allow a little more travel, or possibly even see if the standard shocks from the Super Astute re-re are a better fit.

Evening - maybe a creative night in the studio, if I've got any energy left, otherwise, fall asleep in front of the TV.

Monday

Another Bank Holiday.  No solid plans yet.  Desperately need to do some DIY, but we also desperately need some quality family time, so if the weather is good we might have a day out somewhere.

Probably chill out with the wife in the evening, and look forward to a little more routine next week.

Have a fantastic weekend, everybody :) 

• Like 3

First 1:1 car track day of the year for me tomorrow, can't wait!  Weather looks "average", so here's hoping it's dry for as long as possible.

Have a good one folks!

• Like 3

For me, yet another super boring weekend coming up which is precisely what the doc ordered!  B)

Friday.. WFH.. but already did some lawn related work this morning after early am house chores.  I had a section of new sod installed yesterday in the front yard so watered that manually with a hose..then removed and put away the jerry rigged heater box for my lawn sprinkler RPZ , washed the mylar sheet.  Will fold and put away after fully dry.

RC wise, I plan to finish the Kyosho Beetle body today and start the chassis over the weekend.  I am still missing the motor (LeMans) so not sure if I should just build using a SportTuned or not.. will see.  I was kind of planning to do a BL set up this time.  I am also expecting Beetle #4 to arrive today as well.. going to do that one in a solid red theme, I think.

Going to go ride my ebike this afternoon.

Saturday.. if weather permits, going to take my Golf-R for a nice weekend drive in the morning after early morning house chores.  Mid morning if my garage temps reaches over 65F, will make templates for my GR Supra's rocker panels and install new clearbra.  The front tire kick up is pretty insane on this car with the 255's with spacers.  Afternoon, I plan to start the Kyosho Beetle chassis, go ride my ebike, play some tunes in my music room early evening, and watch TV before calling it. 

Sunday.. if weather permits, going to go for another drive in my Golf-R and detail her upon return.  Then continue working on my Beetle and a repeat of Saturday. 

Have a great weekend everyone! B)

• Like 3

Well, the good news is that my wife's workshop went really well and ended around 4pm, so I did actually get out for a walk.  Only around 5 miles, but that's not bad given how bad my back's been and that I haven't walked properly for a few weeks.

The bad news is that my friend has crashed his new motorcycle already and broken his collarbone.  So, instead of earning the freedom he had so yearned for, he's now got 6 weeks of immobility to look forward to.  Having done exactly the same thing myself, I entirely sympathise.

Apparently the motorcycle is OK, which is good news - humans self-repair, motorcycles don't.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your friend, @Mad Ax!  :(   Injury sucks.. especially at the start if the season,  

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear @Mad Ax   I've always wanted a bike but its literally the only thing my wife forbids.  I can buy any car I want (and I do :) ), but I cant have a bike.  She's probably right, I'd definitely kill myself or someone else.  Addicted to power/speed so probably best I don't get one.  Hope he has a speedy recovery and gets to enjoy the bike.  

• Thanks 1

For me, it was 'one of those days'. Another half-hour quick job turning into a 2 hour one...

My daughters school asked if we could make 22 2-inch wooden cubes before monday, for the toddlers to paint for mothers day or something I guess.

No problem, get a 2 inch square pole, and bring out the miter saw. How hard can this possibly be??.... B)

First few cubes went OK, but after that the saw started resonating badly while cutting and the resulting cuts were terrible with splinters everywere. Looked into it and the blade showed missing teeth. :wacko:

So, get in the car, off to toolstation for new blades, and since the DIY store was there closeby, get a new pole as these cubes turned out just bad and I did not feel like having to sand them for hours to make it splinter-free, drive around town as the shortest road back to home was closed.....

New blade with a high teeth count thankfully did the job well and minimal splinters, so a quick rub on the belt-sander and the cubes were splinter-free and child-save.

• Like 2

It's Friday again, peeps!  Feels like this week was over quickly, mostly because it was, being only a 4-dayer.

Anybody up to anything exciting this weekend?

Should be a quiet one for me, hopefully.  Back to normal for just one weekend before it all gets crazy again over the next few weeks.

Friday - working until around 2pm, then marinade some chicken, then maybe look at adjusting the rear suspension on the van.  Right now it wallows like a barge on the open roads but crashes like a lowrider over bumps.  I'm not sure there's a happy medium on these "performance adjustable shocks", so I'm tempted to chop a coil off the standard springs and throw them in with the OEM shocks (assuming there's enough preload that they won't fall out), to see if they're better than the aftermarket ones.

Then go for a test-drive to the hills and get in a walk.  For some reason both legs are aching like I've had a hard session at the gym, except I haven't exercised in ages.  Maybe a walk will help them.

Home for a few kebabs and some chillout time in the studio.

Saturday - take my daughter to the library for storytime, then do a little clothes shopping (I've been putting it off for years and now almost everything I own is threadbare).  Probably spend the cost of a few good hop-ups on the cheapest jeans and t-shirts I can find.

Cook a Bolognese in the evening and maybe stream a film.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday.  It's 2 weeks until Carlisle, so I should probably give the Iconic Cup car a once-over and make sure it's ready to race, then get the race box all packed up to save time later.

Then - a major push to finish the custom chassis on the Hotshot and maybe give it a test-run, if it's ready.  It's looking seriously good now, my front shock arrangement looks incredibly sleek and aggressive, but it needs to turn a wheel under its own steam to tell me if it'll be any good.  (I probably won't know until it hits the track in July).

To finish off the weekend, I'll probably defrost some of my famous barbecue chilli sauce to mix with my Bolognese on Sunday, and finish the weekend with one of my favourite meals.

Have a great weekend everybody :) 

• Like 2

Gig day tomorrow, so after a swim tonight and a nice meal it'll be a "prep guitars and check gear" morning on Saturday.  Early to to the pub as we've got some friends coming over to see me play so a lazy few drinks with them before a night of 80s rock and pop tunes.

Sunday is a lunch date with Mrs Twinfan spending my gig cash, then back home to watch Eurovision from the night before and MotoGP from Le Mans.

Weather should be decent-ish I think, so have fun one and all!

• Like 2

Friday:  work then finish mowing grass at pool.

Saturday:  pool opening day!  Woohoo!  Also doing a yard sale in the AM.

Sunday:  Mother’s Day.  Lazy day at pool them dinner with mom.

At some point I need to go over to Legacy (my LHS) and see if my M07 has arrived…

• Like 2

So yet another super boring yawn weekend coming up for me which is fantastic.  B)

Friday.. already got a lot of things done today including early am house chores, tire psi check on the Forester and WRX, swapped cabin filter on the WRX, and drove my outdoor Scorpion, cleaned it up afterwards.  Today WFH, and will continue on with the Beetle #4 body.

Will take my ebike for a ride this afternoon, water the new sod (which is growing very well, my landscape guy was happy my wife and I constantly kept the grass damp), play some tunes in my music room, stream a movie before calling it.

Saturday.. given weather is dry, will take my GR Supra out for a nice weekend morning drive after early morning house chores.  Then continue on with the Beetle chassis build, take my ebike out for a ride in the afternoon, play some tunes in my music room, stream a movie before heading to bed.

Sunday.. will help my kids pamper their mom, maybe go for a quick drive in the Supra given weather is nice, and a repeat of Saturday rest of the day.  

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!  :D

• Like 2

Today is my Friday as I am taking tomorrow off!  :D  So yet another super boring, how to keep my eyelids from closing weekend coming up.  :lol:

Friday.. after early morning house chores, heading to my buddy's hair salon to get my hair cut, then will work on sanding down the drywall in the hall bath that I have been patching up the last 2 weeks.  Since there is so much humidity variation I wanted to make sure the spackling was fully dry and cured before doing any leveling work.   I got fresh paint mixed the other day so will do a quick coat or two and see how it matches the rest of the walls.  

Afterwards going to start my Beetle #5 build.  I got my tracking number today for the paint so hopefully I can finish it next week.  Then if weather permits will head out to ride my ebike.  Evening will be spent relaxing in my music room and watching TV before calling it.

Saturday..  given weather is dry, will pull out my GR Supra for a nice weekend drive (last weekend it rained out) after early am house chores..  When I get back, I plan to charge my battery for my outdoor Kyosho Beetle and drive that in front of my house.  There is plenty of dips and dives and bumps, it's pretty much plenty terrain for me.  The Beetle drives so well even on flat surface I was pretty amazed how differently it drives vs the Scorpion.. Then work on the Beetle build in the afternoon, take my ebike for a quick ride, then relax in my music room before heading upstairs to stream a movie.  

Sunday.. pretty much a repeat of Saturday besides prepping the basement for my central HVAC contractor who is going to do some routine maintenance on my AC unit on Monday.  

• Like 1

Happy Friday, everybody!  After several short weeks, this one feels like it's taken an absolute age to come around.  A fairly stressful week at work plus some awkward stuff going on at home means I'm kinda ready for it right now.

Friday - WFH this morning, hopefully it'll be quiet, plan to finish around 2pm, then do some quick chores on the van before I hopefully head out for my walk.  Wife might delay me a little as she's running a workshop today and might want me to hang around in case she can't make the school run at 5pm.  That's OK, I've got stuff I can do at home.  Sunset isn't until 9pm now so there's still time to get some distance in.  It's supposed to rain later, but I haven't had a wet walk for a while so I shouldn't complain.

Relax in the studio with something simple from the freezer later.

Saturday - up early to take my daughter to the grandparents for a sleepover, then back home to grab the wife and head down to the coast for the day.  Fingers crossed for good weather.

Back home in time to cook a light and simple meal and a movie, and maybe some ice cream afterwards.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday.  Clean up the dust that my wife and her workshop person will be making today, then pull out the M03 for a thorough check over before the next round of the Iconic Cup next weekend.  Then make sure as much as possible of the Cup stuff is packed up and ready to go, as I'll have tonnes of stuff to pack up before this time next week.

If there's time after that then I'll probably do a bit more on the Revival cars and maybe start planning the paint for the Scorchers, maybe even lay down some primer or paint the Supershot body if there's no expensive wood lying around.

Few beers, freezer pizza and a night in the studio once that's all done, as I enter into my final week of work before my long journey to Carlisle and a few days in the lakes.

Have a great one, everybody :) 

• Like 1

It's FRIDAY!

And this is the Friday that I've been waiting for for the last few months, because today I set out on my road trip to the North of England, for some racing, rest, relaxation, and walking in the hills.

Originally I'd planned to set off mid-afternoon after working a half-day, but my dodgy back started playing up yesterday, meaning almost no sleep last night despite two doses of weapons-grade codeine, and a sudden collapse of both legs when I got up at 4am today.  So I've officially called it on the sitting-on-a-desk-chair-all-day plan, and will instead sit all day in a van seat.

Friday - final bit of tidying and packing, then set off for the Attenborough Nature Reserve for a spot of lunch in the cafe and a light walk among nature to ease out the cramps, then head up to a hotel in Ripley for some food, drink, a bit of work on the novel and hopefully a better night's sleep.

Saturday - up early for a cooked breakfast, then another 3+ hours in the van, taking me right up into the North, taking the A66 between the Yorkshire Dales and the North Pennines, a fantastically scenic A-road with incredible views as it descends towards Cumbria.  Possibly stop at the high spot to stretch my legs and get in a short walk if the back is still complaining.

Arrive at Carlisle RMCC around lunchtime, set up my pit spot and get in some practice with the M03.  It was running really well last time out, so hopefully I won't need to change it and can just get my eye in on the track.

Camping at the track on Saturday eve with some like-minded RC racing types, sink a few beverages and generally have a good time.

Sunday - wake up hopefully not too hung over, a long day's hard racing, try not to get sunburn or heatstroke as it's promising to be a warm day.  I've been very kindly offered a pit space in the shop, so I should have a constant influx of people to talk to.

Finish racing and drive 45 mins or so into the Lake District, check into the hotel which will be my home for the next 3 nights, eat in the restaurant and plan out some walking, canoeing and general relaxation for the next few days.

Wednesday - leave the Lakes around 10-ish, maybe find something nice to stop and enjoy on the way home (which may possibly involve stopping off at Wheelspin Models to treat myself to something I really don't need), get back sometime in the eve for a takeaway or pizza.

Have yourselves an absolutely fantabulous weekend wherever you are, and I'll catch you all late next week :) 

• Like 3

@Mad Ax Good luck at the races!  M03 rocks!!  B)

Yet another super boring weekend coming up, just the way life should be for me. :D

Friday.. WFH.. already finished my early morning house chores, will be reviewing my RC line up that will stay in my current pretend RC shop and those that will migrate to the expanded room next door.  In the coming weeks my older son who graduated HS this week is moving to our finished basement as he will no longer be living with us permanently as he starts college this Fall and his new chapter in life as a more independent young man.  

Afternoon I plan to ride my ebike again, and perhaps start the XV01 build.  Evening will be spent relaxing in my music room, then watching TV.

Saturday.. If weather permits, going to take my GR Supra for another relaxing weekend drive after early morning house chores.  I want to use up the old fuel with stabilizer this weekend and give her a fresh tank.  Then drive my outdoor Beetle and work on the XV01 if I'm in the mood.  Then ride my ebike in the afternoon perhaps finally get off my lazy butt and work on pulling out a few dents on the hood and roof on my WRX due to hail damage a few months ago.  I have about 10 minor dents each on my WRX and Forester.  I am a professionally trained PDR tech so I have the tools and expertise (aka hope.. :ph34r:) to fix dents without paint.  

BTW, the drywall repair on the hall bath turned out great.  

Evening will be spent relaxing in my music room followed by watching TV before calling it.

Sunday.. pretty much a repeat of Saturday.   

Monday.. Memorial Day.. I am off work, but my son is working all day at the bike shop so we will delay the BBQ opener one day and work on my XV01.  

Have a great weekend everyone!  B)

• Like 1

Hey team!  It's Friday again!

Anybody up to anything fun this weekend?

I'd love to have a normal boring one to recover from my road trip to the Lakes and back, which was fun and interesting but has left me seriously physically, emotionally and socially drained.  So, of course, we're booked in for an emotionally and socially packed weekend :unsure:

Fri - WFH until mid-afternoon, then look after my daughter until bedtime.  Not sure if I'll go out for a short walk after that, I've only just got back from a walking holiday but I didn't do that much walking due to a back injury, and I feel the need for some fresh air.

Sat - up early to get some stuff done in the studio (maybe even look over the Revival projects and list all the parts I still need), then off to Bristol to watch the Lion King stage show.  Last time we went to the Hippodrome it was full to capacity, I'm not looking forward to being surrounded by so many people.  Still, I'm sure the show will be great and will take my mind off it once it gets going.

No idea what the evening will bring, either a solo film, film with wife, or messing around in the studio.

Sun - another early start to get some peace and quiet before yet more socialling.  I thought I'd dodged a bullet by being ill over Christmas, which meant I couldn't go to my wife's huge family Christmas gathering, which is probably the hardest social event of the year for me.  However they are way more evil than I gave them credit for, and they have organised a "summer Christmas" which involves a roast dinner at a pub and then a gathering in a local park, especially for me, because I missed out on the actual Christmas party.  On the plus side, I do get a free roast dinner in a pub, which is not to be sniffed at.

Home late-ish - I never know when we're going to leave a family party because my wife's Desired Time of Departure is always t+10, where t is the current time.  But hopefully back in time to stuff something spicy and unhealthy in my mouth before I have to get up for work on Monday.

Whatever you're up to, have a great weekend :)

• Like 3

Yes, another super boring weekend coming up, which is absolutely what the doctor ordered!  B)

Friday...  WFH, got my early morning house chores out of the way..besides a meeting in the afternoon, should be a pretty slow day.  I received my Kyosho Beetle #6 yesterday so I think I am going to start on the body today.  I am targeting a metallic burgundy color this time with minimalist livery.  Should look pretty elegant.. I hope.. :ph34r:   Otherwise, it's a pretty hot and humid day so will probably pass on the ebike riding and just relax in my pretendRCshop most of the day.  My lawn contractor fixed a section of my lawn yesterday with new sod, so I will spend some time watering that section manually late afternoon.  Evening will be spent in my music room as usual, followed by watching TV or streaming a movie before calling it.  

Saturday.. given weather is nice, will be pulling out my STI for a nice weekend drive after early morning house chores.  Going to test drive my XV01 Delta in front of my house to see how it runs on concrete and are any adjustments.  Then will work on the Beetle some more, perhaps take my ebike out for a late morning ride before it gets too hot outside.  Afternoon will be spent mostly in my pretendRCshop, will enjoy relaxing in my music room early evening, will stream a movie or watch TV before heading to bed.   BTW, my TV in the master bedroom died the other day so got a new Samsung TV over the weekend taking advantage of Memorial Day sale..  just a lower end smallish 42" as I usually find myself dozing off anyway.   haha  

Sunday.. basically a repeat of Saturday..  also going to get my WRX washed... probably just stick her through the local manned car wash spa.. they do luxury cars so plenty nice for my daily driver Subaru.

• Like 2

It's Friday again, peeps!  Anybody up to anything exciting?

It should be a fairly quiet one for me, if all goes to plan.  A good mix of social time, family fun and workshop relaxation.  However, the British weather may have something to say about that - fingers crossed!

Friday - WFH this morning, finish around 2pm, then probably muddle around in the workshop for a couple of hours finishing off a few little jobs on the Revival cars.  Pretty soon I'll have to stop procrastinating and paint them...

Wife said she wanted to do something on her wood lathe today, so I might have a bit of company in the workshop for a nice change :)

Then head off to a rural village south of Bristol to meet up with friends, a meal in a pub then back to the flat to play music and chill out.  I was planning to stay over but have to be up early on Saturday so I might stay sober and drive home.

Saturday - up early to take the daughter to Rainbow day-camp, then get out for a walk for a few hours, then collect her for an afternoon in the garden.  We have a bonsai kit to plant that she got me for Christmas, also she grew a broad bean at Rainbows which is now taking over my kitchen windowsill so we need to replant that too.  I'm not very good with plants but hopefully it will survive.

However - after a few weeks of sunshine and mild temperatures, a storm is due to blow in for the weekend - so possibly the camp will be cancelled and we'll have to spend the day indoors.

Evening - cook a very simple dinner and maybe stream a film.

Sunday - Workshop Sunday.  A final push in all the non-painty bits for the Revival cars, there's really not that much to do right now but I'm running out of excuses not to paint them.  Dry weather is forecast for next week so if I can get the prep done on Sunday I can start throwing on primer as soon as it dries out.  Primer is the key step as it's not just a whole new Sand Scorcher body needs painting, I've got at least 3 driver figures and various interior parts need doing too.

Evening - take a cheap pepperoni pizza from the freezer, bury it under heaps of extra pepperoni, jalapeños, olives and grated mexicano cheese, and eat myself into a food coma while watching history documentaries on BBC.

Have a fantastic one, peeps :) 

• Like 3

Not done a Friday/ weekend post for a while, as I've been trying to stay off 'the internet'....

Ironically, as I've not been on as much, I forgot it was the 'Hotrods & Hills' down in Penrith in the Lake District ,which we bought a Dandy Trailer tent to start goto, at the tail end of 2019. So its been off the radar with the ,World events, over the last few year, and by the time I've had my brain prompted, all the pitches are away, but now the kids have birthday parties to goto (one is my youngest best friends tomorrow, so that's that)

As we've never actually slept in it yet, i set it up yesterday ,to give it an airing, and took everything out today, to attack with a vaccum cleaner. 

2023-06-09_01-43-36

So tonight includes, Beer , BBQ & my family sleeping in the garden.. and I'm looking forward to it 😁

Happy weekend people!! 

• Like 3

Haven't done one of these in a while either, my life is just not very exciting :)   I do have my first outdoor monster truck race of the season tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to.  It's also the first time I'll be racing in a Thunder Drag format (smilar to the Penda series from the early-mid 90s).  A bit worried as my advantage is clearly in the turns and my trucks are not exactly speed demons.  Have done some gearing changes but not sure it'll be enough, I guess we'll see.

Race is about 2.5 hours away and as a ritual I always like to clean a car for the long trip.  Might as well have a nice clean car on a road trip, right?  Took a few hours this morning and gave the Jag a nice wash & wax.  Best road trip car ever, and being a long wheelbase I be able to fit my table and all 9 trucks without an issue. 

Hopefully Sunday is a nice and boring day so I can relax a bit.  5 hours of driving and probably 7-8 hours of racing is going to wear me out...Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

IMG_5589.jpg

• Like 2

For me, another super nice weekend with basically no change from any previous boring weekends.   woot!   B)

Friday..  started the day doing some early am house chores, then proceeded to my garage to swap air filters off my COBB intake system on my WRX STI.  My non-STI WRX runs the same filter from another COBB SF intake system so washed the dirty filter and drying now to do a filter swap in a few days on the WRX.   My son is the primary non-STI WRX driver now and he took his girl out for a night out.  He looks good in the car so I was happy about that.   Honestly I'm too old for these kinds of cars and should get me a new 340i or something..but these Subie's are sooooo good (modern classic) I will probably end up just driving this car until the day I move back to Japan.  :lol:  haha.

Today I got my bonus payout for FY2022 so my books for RC gear looks sort of healthy.    Perfect timing too since I am expanding my pretendRCshop this month (test drive room now in progress) and now have a small but effective pylon track setup in the next room.. I ordered 2 new shelves so will see how things go from there.  Until I get these shelves into the room I am not good with picturing how the room might look at the end so best I do it a step at a time.  Even with just these 2 shelves, I should be able to move 24 cars from my pretendRCshop display room to open up space.  The pretendRCshop is a bit too cluttered right now.  I do not plan to get too many cars from this point forward, but do plan on working on the room setup itself.. like mini photo booth, rail system that follows the car to make reels, etc.  I have a Blockhead Motors WildOne on the way, but this is like the only car left I wanted.

This afternoon will ride my ebike and evening spend some time in my music room as I always do, and stream a movie before calling it.

Saturday.. given weather is nice, I plan to pull out my GR Supra for a nice weekend drive after early morning house chores.. I may drive my Kyosho Beetle before heading out.. will see what mood I am in.  :D    Then do some other house chores when I get back, start my BH Wild One build, go for a nice ride on my ebike, relax in my music room, stream a movie before calling it.

Sunday.. basically a repeat of Saturday.  

Have a great weekend everyone!! B)

• Like 1

It's Friday again!  What's everybody up to?  Any more RC events or race meets, bashes, family holidays or other fun things?

It's a fairly normal one for me, which is good, as I'm too exhausted for excitement right now :lol:

Friday - big scramble to get lots of work done this morning but mostly finished now, logging off around 2pm, then tidy the workbench, charge up some LiPos for tomorrow and tick off a few more jobs on the Revival cars

Go out for a walk between 5 and 7pm after it's cooled off a little.  It's a bit more cloudy today so potentially there'll be a nice sunset and it'll stay warm on the plain, then back home for a late meal and maybe a quick beer before bed (I will try to resist the urge to get a takeaway and stay up until early o'clock watching TV, but who knows..?)

Part of me is tempted to abort the entire plan and ride the motorcycle to the coast tonight, although I've done a lot of road miles recently and not many miles on foot, I could use the exercise before I lose my walking fitness.

Saturday - local library with daughter to return some books, and maybe do the Saturday morning storytime session, then over to a trampoline place for an hour of bouncing.  It's in an old tin-roof factory that was built quickly for making aircraft during WW2, and in hot weather it turns into an oven, so possibly a great way to sweat out some of Friday's takeaway calories (I'm already justifying it to myself...)

Grab some lunch at the bouncing place, then spend the afternoon in the woods practicing with the 1:10 scalers.  Kinda hoping I can persuade my daughter to get practicing with the promise of her very own 1:10 scaler built out of leftover parts from my Element Enduro projects (the bonus being, if she says no, I get a whole new scaler all to myself).

Home in time for dinner and a bedtime story, then probably stream a movie.

Sunday - technically it's Father's Day here, but strangely neither wife nor daughter have let anything slip, so perhaps they've forgotten all about it.  Which may work in my favour as I'll probably get guilt presents next weekend.

Anyway, it's Workshop Sunday, so I'll be back on the Revival cars again - potentially doing less fun stuff like preparing the second Scorcher body for paint.  Maybe have time to work more on the Raptor race truck - I need to work out how the sway bar is going to fit, swap in a 1:1 transmission, and think about a rear cage - specifically will I make one from copper rod, or utilise the roll cage from the old Jeep body.

Evening - grill some nice burgers and wash them down with a few beers while watching comedy on TV.

Have a great one, everybody :) 

• Like 2

No RC events this weekend, but last weekend went really well.  Took top spot in all classes and swept the Pro Mod division 1, 2, & 3, didnt lose a race in Pro all day.  Seems all my hard work setting the trucks up is paying off.  

Saturday have some work to do on my 1:1 Buick, not really looking forward to it.  I'm getting to the point where I really do not enjoy working on full size cars, just seems like a hassle (and RC is so much easier).  Have a ton of RC projects waiting including my new TT-02 Rallye build but havent' even opened the box yet.  Maybe I'll get some motiviation to get started in the evening, but lately I just haven't felt like doing much with the little cars or the big cars...I think my 3 year old is wearing me down, haha.  Once she goes to bed I just want to enjoy the peace and quiet and not do much else.

Sunday is Father's Day here.  We don't make a big deal of it in our house, but I usually take my daugher to a car show that's around the corner.  Its funny what catches the interest of a 3-year old brain.  Last year there was a front end loader parked on the way back of the parking lot for some ongoing construction and we spent most of our time there looking at that.  Don't get me wrong I like heavy equipment as well, but with all of these high $ show cars sitting there she just wanted to look at the old digger.  In the afternoon we'll go to my uncle's house in NJ on the beach.  I'm not a big fan of the beach anymore, but my daughter should have a good time.  

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a good Father's Day if you celebrate. 

• Like 1