Busy weekend @Mad Ax   Sounds like a fun beach day. 

I got my work done ont he daily driver, new front wheel bearings, brakes all around, and replaced the blower coupler.   The older I get the less fun working on 1:1 cars gets...Its too bad because I do enjoy it for the most part, but getting to feel like a chore. 

Did get my Regulator together and running which was nice.  Off today so hoping to get the body painted since the weather is nice.  My cheap LMT arrived this morning so will get started tearing that down tonight.  Not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it, but definitley going to powder coat or paint the chassis.  No idea why they decided to make the chassis gray/purple, they should be black.   I left my original as-is since I didnt feel like taking it apart, but going to spend some more time on this one. 

• Like 2

Kind of successful....

Trans lines in and pretty anodised aluminium clamps ,drilled and tapped M4 into the chassis rail (M4 taps, always feels like its just about to snap...😳

Saturday, the credit card bill arrived, with a thud, amazing how a few quid for pretty clamps, and a couple of quid for adapters etc ,mounts up to a good 4 figure bill....😬

So Saturday, I spent saying, 'Yes dear' alot 🙄

Sunday, got the summer (rain tyres...) on the daily,  coils seem OK... Thought I'd just 'quickly ' bleed the brakes on the project ,no fluid out of the front of the master cylinder, the whole system is new, although, purchased in 2012....

Swore at the radio, when they announced the F1 winner, and kicked over the brake fluid, trying to turn the radio off quick, so not to hear anything else...🤦‍♂️

Food, kids in bed, drink and F1 highlights.

• Like 2

Friday late afternoon here already but have had a good day with some work but enough time to take my daughter out for lunch which was lovely as always.

Tonight me and my wife will get take-away from a great Vietnamese restaurant just down the end of our road. Yum!  

Tomorrow I'm up and out pretty sharpish as I've fallen for the Omega x Swatch collaboration and want to go grab one (or maybe two) if they have any left by the time I get there. I promised my wife no more watch purchases until my 50th but these look good and are too cheap to turn down ;) (not really cheap as I'm sure they are 99% swatch and the 1% Omega is just the logo :D )

Both kids were unwell during the week and now my wife has the 'super cold' that everyone seems to be getting (no not Covid) :( So it will be a low-key weekend with hopefully some decent time to do some more RC stuff. My wife is also getting itchy feet at work and she's seen a job advertised that she loves the look of so I'm helping her write a CV as she's never really had to do one before. 

• Like 3

Hope everyone gets well soon @GeeWings !! 

I'm off today, and today is my weekend, then that'll be me for the next 2 weeks, so will be mundane stuff like, hair cut, collect prescriptions etc.

I'm hopefully ,going to get some time to get the Ansmann MadRat, my club was given, running properly, as now the warmth is arriving,  we'll need it ,to give any bystanders a shot around the track.

• Like 3

I normally type these out while I'm background-listening to a morning meeting, but today I'm typing it out to the background of Timmy Time on CBeebies.  My daughter's school has been closed all week due to high Covid infections, she was supposed to be back today but she complained of a stomach ache when I got her up.  She's spent the last two days with the grandparents as my wife and I both had to work, but my mum's come down with something so it's probably that.  I'm not feeling 100% either so I'm on a sick day.  Will probably cuddle on the sofa and watch some films, and might fit the new shocks on the CFX-W as I don't have a lot of workshop time before the Southern Scale Trail on 3rd April.

I'm booked on a solo weekend on the south coast today, so heading off on the motorcycle around 3pm, assuming I don't get snagged by whatever this bug is.  A combination of insomnia and sleeping tablet hangover is making me feel pretty rough anyway, I was hoping a couple of days of fresh sea air and no stress would help out.

So - assuming all goes to plan - tonight I'll arrive in the little seaside town of Beer around 5-ish, in time to check into my hotel and walk to the clifftops to watch the sunset, then back to the hotel for a good meal, a few drinks and a night working on the novel in the restaurant.  Except I've been told the restaurant is shut as it's out of season, so I'll be in the bar.  Hopefully it's not too noisy, or I'll be working on the novel in my room.  Beer is a fairly sleepy place, so hopefully it'll be quiet.

Saturday - walk the coast path to Seaton in the morning, maybe ride the tram or walk around the nature reserve, then walk back to Beer and ride the bike into Lyme Regis for the afternoon.  Probably stay there to watch the sunset, then race back to Beer for my evening meal and writing session.

Sunday - up early as it's clock change weekend, breakfast, check out, then an hour's ride along to Portland to go exploring.  I've never been there before but it looks like there's a lot to see.  I've got a meal booked at a new favourite restaurant in Weymouth at lunchtime, after that I can either head home, go back to Portland, have a lazy wander around Weymouth, or ride along the coast and take a meandering route back through the Dorset countryside.

Hopefully that'll be enough to clear the cobwebs and have me fully refreshed for next week :)

Have a great one, y'all

• Like 3

@Mad Ax Hope you and your daughter feel better!  

For me, my Friday calendar looks ridiculous.  I am WFH today, but I have already 6 meetings set up with 5 in the morning starts in 20min.. I just got done finishing some house chores.  I know there will be at least one more meeting this afternoon.

So I was supposed to do the oil change on my STI this morning, but no time today..but it's okay as weather tomorrow looks pretty terrible so will maybe work on it on Sunday.  I am expecting my DT02 SandViper kit to arrive today so I might check it out and start building it over the weekend.

Saturday.. my usual early morning chores routine and dropping the older kid off at church, then work on my RC.   I want to make a rolling oil drain pan so I might start on that.. Afternoon will be spent cleaning out the storage space in our basement as I do this every 3 months along with maintenance on the house furnace air filters and ion air purification system for the whole house.   Then just relaxing in my music room and enjoy some TV or stream a movie in the evening.

Sunday.. given weather is better, I plan to do a quick oil change and inspection on my WRX STI and take her out for a nice drive.  Afternoon will work on my RC some more and relax in my music room late afternoon, stream a movie in the evening.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!! :D 

• Like 2

Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Only thing I have going on is another indoor carpet monster truck race tomorrow, excited that I get to try out my freshly built Regulator Clod.  Going to run 2 trucks in Retro and 4 in Pro Mod including my TXT-2 chassis Clod axled truck Excaliber that I have never ran in competition.  I was never quite happy with the truck (built it years ago), and finally made some changes and the truck feels pretty stable now. 

Sunday I hope to finish tearing down the new LMT and send the chassis out for powder coating.  Will spend most of the day Sunday with my daughter since I won't be around on Saturday.  My wife is a saint letting me go off for a whole day racing toy trucks on Saturday, so will give her some time off on Sunday.  

• Like 3

My LHS called me to tell me my CC02 land rover has arrived!  Happy Friday!

Terry

• Like 2

Hmm, the weekend isn’t quite going to plan…

I forgot in my plan that I needed to  take my daughter to Netball. So we went to that (she lost very heavily but didn’t really care) and then I went to the store to look at the Swatch x Omega collaboration. But by the time I got there at least 500 people were ahead of me and despite lots of security and police it was all getting a bit aggro so I gave up and went home 😂 No huge loss, I will grab some down the line if they get a general release as is being suggested. But more likely I will have lost interest by then.

EDIT: 

I just saw that literally hundreds of those watches have been flipped on eBay already, average price $1000. Like Blur said: Modern life is rubbish 

On 3/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, GeeWings said:

EDIT: 

I just saw that literally hundreds of those watches have been flipped on eBay already, average price $1000. Like Blur said: Modern life is rubbish 

That's crazy, people have no patience anymore and just need the newest "thing" so show off on social media.  I'm the opposite in most cases, if I can't use a coupon code or feel like I got a good deal I simply don't buy something :)   There's nothing I need that badly or can't wait for.  

Saturday's racing turned out great.  Came 2nd in Pro Mod in my SMT10 Digger 20 and took 1st & 2nd in Retro with my Regulator USA-1 and Clod PA Mountain Monster.  That Regulator chassis is something, was absolutely on rails all day.  By far the best driving Clod based vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of driving.  

Today will be a famaily day.  Hope everyone else is having a good weekend, although it's nearly over for some of you at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 87lc2 said:

That's crazy, people have no patience anymore and just need the newest "thing" so show off on social media.  I'm the opposite in most cases, if I can't use a coupon code or feel like I got a good deal I simply don't buy something :)   There's nothing I need that badly or can't wait for.  

Yes, it’s all pretty frustrating. My daughter was with me and while we were at the mall she wanted to look for a toy (it’s called a squishmallow, don’t even ask!). Anyway, while looking we spotted two women stuffing a trolley with one particular version of this cuddly toy. They had taken every single one! They were obviously buying them to flip online. I sent my daughter over to the other side of the store on a wild goose chase so I could use some adult language with these two ladies. They promptly left empty handed but I’m sure they came back as soon as I was out of sight. 

6 minutes ago, 87lc2 said:

Saturday's racing turned out great.  Came 2nd in Pro Mod in my SMT10 Digger 20 and took 1st & 2nd in Retro with my Regulator USA-1 and Clod PA Mountain Monster.  That Regulator chassis is something, was absolutely on rails all day.  By far the best driving Clod based vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of driving.  

Today will be a famaily day.  Hope everyone else is having a good weekend, although it's nearly over for some of you at this point. 

Congrats! Sounds like you had a clod buster sized amount of fun! I’ve still done nothing with the clod I bought last year. Perhaps I need to look into the Regulator chassis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Yes, it’s all pretty frustrating. My daughter was with me and while we were at the mall she wanted to look for a toy (it’s called a squishmallow, don’t even ask!). Anyway, while looking we spotted two women stuffing a trolley with one particular version of this cuddly toy. They had taken every single one! They were obviously buying them to flip online. I sent my daughter over to the other side of the store on a wild goose chase so I could use some adult language with these two ladies. They promptly left empty handed but I’m sure they came back as soon as I was out of sight. 

I agree, that's ridiculous.  It could just be recency bias, but I feel like people these days are just awful.  I'm always surprised when I meet nice people these days, and that's pretty sad.  

And yes, I do know what a squishmallow is, I have a young daugher :) 

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Congrats! Sounds like you had a clod buster sized amount of fun! I’ve still done nothing with the clod I bought last year. Perhaps I need to look into the Regulator chassis. 

Thanks!  Yes, always a fun day racing monster trucks win or lose.  The Regulator really is a nice piece, I am thoroughly impressed.  

Well, mine worked out pretty well!  I ate way too much, and had a lot of back pain, but still had a great time, and the weather held out.  Lots of walking, a fair bit of riding, hundreds of photos taken, three really good meals and hardly any sleep thanks to pain and insomnia.  Seeing the osteopath to get my back sorted tomorrow.

I got home early enough yesterday to put some spacers on the CFX-W front shocks so the big tyres don't rub the arches - it's the SST next Sunday so I'm hoping the CFX-W will be a lot better with the new shocks on.  Full details to follow in the thread when I get around to sorting it.

• Like 2

It's Friday again peeps!  What are we all up to?

I think it should be a fairly quiet one here.  WFH today, been out of action most of the week with back pain so I haven't managed to work up enough hours to finish early.  However it's very bright here, so I might drive up to the hills at lunchtime and work from the van for the afternoon, then I'm well-placed to go for a walk straight after and exercise out the stiffness in the aching muscles.

Tomorrow, daddy-daughter day.  She's said she wants to go to the woods with the trucks, but this time she wants to take her FTX Outback Mini-X, which is a bit too small for woodland terrain, but we'll see.  I might sneakily arrange to visit a relative who planted a woodland on her farm when I was little, so we can have a walk in a different set of woods.  The relative also makes fantastic lunches ;)

Saturday eve - get ready for Sunday (charge batteries, load the van) then kick back with a film, or maybe go in the studio.

Sunday - it's the Southern Scale Trail, this time it's just an open day at the quarry, no gated courses, just a fun gathering.  Except I found out yesterday that on-the-gate entry is £20, online tickets were £10 but they closed a few days ago.  It's a very local even and it would be a shame to miss it, but we all have to look after the pennies these days and £10 on top of the budgeted price is a bit steep.  So, depending on what my mate wants to do, I might end up staying home and getting the M03 sorted for Round 1 of the Iconic Cup next weekend, or I might hop on the bike and go for a ride somewhere.

Sunday night - normally I'd be in the studio being creative but I've sent a lot of my recent stuff to an editor so it's all on hold, and I'm not enjoying sitting on an office chair with this much back pain, so maybe I'll pillow myself up on the sofa for another film.

Have a great one, peeps :) 

• Like 3

One of 4 of my 12hr nightshifts done.

Primer and paint just arrived (why I'm up early..), so 1:1 project front and rear bumper supports are in the boot of the car ,if I get a chance in work...(kiss of death, now says I won't 😳

• Like 3

I had yet another exhausting work week.  

Usually I get up around 5:00 am, but today (Friday) I had a Teams meeting start at 5am so got up at 4:20 to get ready..  and while I got some RC stuff done between WFH meetings and doing some house chores, I was basically on calls and meetings all day.

So tonight I'm just going to relax and stream a movie or something.  Right now I am in my music room relaxing.  B)

Saturday.. after my early morning house chores and dropping off my kid at church, I was going to do the oil change and take a nice first drive of the season on my 1:1 GR Supra, but it appears its going to rain so will to do the brake fluid change on my Golf-R first while I get her off Flatstoppers.   If it dries up by late morning I will do an oil change on the Golf-R and take her out for a nice first drive of the season.  Afternoon will be spent in my music room and relaxing, might work on finishing up my Sand Viper too..  Evening will be spent just watching TV or streaming a movie.  

Sunday.. If weather is good, going to do my GR Supra's oil change and take her out for a nice drive.  It the weather appears to hold up next week, I will wash my daily driver as she looks like a total mess.. but being a rally car (WRX) still looks rugged and cool.  :D   Afternoon will be spent doing some honey-do stuff, and relaxing in my music room, and rest of evening will be a repeat of Saturday.

Have a great weekend everyone!  :D 

• Like 2

Everyone had a good weekend so far?

Mine has been a mixed bag, but overall positive.  Friday night I popped over to the local race club to pick up a vintage Futaba Challenger 6ch radio from someone who got given it at work.  I had one of these for my planes back in the 90s and I love the older Txs with the battery needle.  I really regret throwing out some older needle radios from the 80s.  At the moment it's got prime place on a shelf but I'll probably convert it to 2.4GHz and use it with a big rig.

Some money came in on Saturday morning so I called my buddy at the shop to order the Element Enduro Scale Builder's Kit 2 that I've been eyeing for the last two weeks, to discover that the price went from £229 to £289 overnight.  Which was a bit of a kicker as I'd planned this build down to the penny, I had a bit more money than I expected come in so I imagined I'd be able to buy servo and ESC at the same time.  At that price, I can't even afford the kit.

Anyway, I had a nice walk with my daughter, we took turns driving the BOM, saw some deer and had a nice home-cooked bolognese.  Which she promptly threw up everywhere as soon as we got home.  So now I have to burn all my furniture to get rid of the smell.

Was woken at 1:30am to go deal with Round 2 of upset stomach, which involved stripping off all the bed sheets and putting the stuffed elephant in the shower.  By 3am I was pretty much done and child was back asleep, all I had to do was finish washing the favourite monkey and put him somewhere to dry, when we had Round 3, which involved stripping off the bed sheets again and putting on the spare ones from my bed.  Didn't really sleep much after that.  She was up bright and early and full of energy as usual.

SST today was awesome, even though I missed last call for tickets and had to pay £20 to get in.  No gates or courses, just unrestricted access to the quarry.  I drove the BOM and the CFX-W, both performed well enough although the BOM still has a very wobbly rear end and the CFX-W wants to push on in corners.  I also gave the MTX-1 a run in the bashing area alongside my mate's Arrma Granite 4x4, both running on 3S.  The MTX-1 is a real hoot, although I still haven't glued the tyres because I want to fit foams, so the tyres kept falling off.  It jumps well enough - we were jumping off a mound of gravel, first time I tried I got a real kick off the ramp and got about 7 foot of air.  I never intended to jump it that high, the ramp was more vicious than I thought.  It came down hard on the nose and we expected to be picking up pieces, but it was fine - push the tyres back on and off we go again.  I tried a few more jumps (slower this time) and found it very controllable, given how rough the terrain was.  Real fun to drive.

Before we left I ran the G6-01, too.  I told my mate it would be a bit slow, but I forgot I'd put a 5200Kv system in it a while back, and it was ballistic.  Running on 2S, it was almost as fast as the Granite on 3s :o I didn't hit any big ramps - the modded King Blackfoot body took a lot of effort to make - but it got plenty of running on the dirt, kicking up dust and sliding around.  A lot of rollovers - I lost one of the tailpipes I made, and some damage done in a high speed crash at the beach got a bit worse, but generally it was a successful outing with no repairs to do.  Result.

Today is cheat day on the diet too, so I'm about to go in for a fully-loaded pizza and a few beers :)

I hope y'all had a good one!

• Like 3

Oh no! @Mad Ax

Lost count the amount of times we've had to strip furniture and bedding, (and say we've, my wife can't deal with sick, so i get the lovely job...),  glad she's bounced back.

Managed to get a chance to wire brush, rub down and paint the parts I needed , so a success as far as that goes (writing this, I realised I'd left some of the parts drying in one of the buildings that doesn't get used at the weekend , that could have been interesting when the office staff came back in ,in the morning ,just hope the arroma clears...😳), and in 7 hrs its my fake weekend , although the kids are off for half term, so doubt I'll be in the garage, and the forecast is heavy rain..🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Not looking forward to the middle of the night vomit sessions...I know my brothers and I did that to my parents quite a few times :) 

Got a few things done this weekend, but nothing as exciting as @Mad Ax   FInally replaced the crank sensor in my 96 Dodge Ram after I've had the part sitting in a box for about 8 months.  I heard it was a pain, and it sure was.  Had to do the entire thing blind while laying on top of the engine/rad support.  Didn't even get a chance to start the truck and drive it to see if the fix worked, guess I'll get around to that some other time.  

Also got mey new LMT running and its a lot better than my original with some modifications.  Have the body cut and masked, hopefully can spray it at work tomorrow if I get some spare time (too cold to do outside here).  

Today was pretty much a washout so got nothing done, just hung out with the wife and daughter.  Have a few spare hours tonight so going to see what project is next on the list and get started.  

• Like 2

It's the weekend, peeps!  What are we all up to?

It's race and camping weekend for me :) 

Friday

WFH today, it's an inset day before the Easter hols so I'll have the child under my feet for a couple of weeks.  Planning on a long lunch to do some packing for tomorrow and hoping to finish at 4pm so the child and I can watch a film together before I go away.  More packing tonight, maybe time for a film before bed.

Saturday

Up early and off to the coast for round 1 of the Iconic Cup at Mendip RC Raceway.  Get the M03 on track and get some practice laps in.  Off for a curry with the rest of the campers on Saturday night, there's a really good curry house about 5 mins walk from the track.

Sunday

Main race day.  Up early for the drivers' briefing, then a long day of racing.  I've focussed on FF for the last couple of years but I've realised M-chassis is more fun, and with a bigger field I tend to be more in the middle than wobbling around at the back like I do in FF.

The track is about 10 minutes from one of my favourite beaches, the forecast is changeable but if it's not too bad and not too late once the racing is over I might drive to the beach for a walk along the sand.

Have a great one! 

• Like 3

Finally Friday! Waste my time at work, home then take mum food shopping! Oh joy!

Saturday - no real plans as of yet tbh, need to pick my son up at some point, even though he could drive down to me! Lazy b***er! LOL! Only real thing I need to do is take my dad to hospital to have the ultrasound done on his kidney. After his crash, they discovered he had a cyst on one of them, one team was happy it was nothing bad, but he's been referred to the ultrasound unit to 100% confirm it. Fish & Chips for dinner, then take my boy home again.

Sunday - nothing planned, depends on whether the cable arrives for the radio I'm installing into my neighbours Mondeo. He decided the factory radio was rubbish, so bought a 'Tesla-style' android radio. Total PITA to fit, as the reversing camera he has from the factory isn't compatible, so had to run fresh in the boot lid, through the rubber grommet and off to the front. The real issue was the heater controls are part of the original radio section, so we had to remove the ecu for the heater, hide it in the dash somewhere, and make sure it worked on the new radio before screwing it all in. Well at first it did, then I had to remove the radio to modify the original plastic fitting cage, in doing so, I didn't realise that there were 2 cables that go into the radio that control the heater, took a bit of head scratching to figure that one out lol! So all that's left to do is fit the 4G aerials, install a sim card for the data, wire the camera in, then fit all the panels back into the boot lid and hopefully it'll all work. 

I then have a whole week off work! Monday is my birthday, Good Friday is my brother's, so hopefully will be going out somewhere. 

Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

It's the weekend, peeps!  What are we all up to?

It's race and camping weekend for me :) 

Friday

WFH today, it's an inset day before the Easter hols so I'll have the child under my feet for a couple of weeks.  Planning on a long lunch to do some packing for tomorrow and hoping to finish at 4pm so the child and I can watch a film together before I go away.  More packing tonight, maybe time for a film before bed.

Saturday

Up early and off to the coast for round 1 of the Iconic Cup at Mendip RC Raceway.  Get the M03 on track and get some practice laps in.  Off for a curry with the rest of the campers on Saturday night, there's a really good curry house about 5 mins walk from the track.

Sunday

Main race day.  Up early for the drivers' briefing, then a long day of racing.  I've focussed on FF for the last couple of years but I've realised M-chassis is more fun, and with a bigger field I tend to be more in the middle than wobbling around at the back like I do in FF.

The track is about 10 minutes from one of my favourite beaches, the forecast is changeable but if it's not too bad and not too late once the racing is over I might drive to the beach for a walk along the sand.

Have a great one! 

Good luck at the race!  Have a boring weekend ahead with obligations not even worth mentioning.  Would much rather enjoy a race weekend.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Finally Friday! Waste my time at work, home then take mum food shopping! Oh joy!

Saturday - no real plans as of yet tbh, need to pick my son up at some point, even though he could drive down to me! Lazy b***er! LOL! Only real thing I need to do is take my dad to hospital to have the ultrasound done on his kidney. After his crash, they discovered he had a cyst on one of them, one team was happy it was nothing bad, but he's been referred to the ultrasound unit to 100% confirm it. Fish & Chips for dinner, then take my boy home again.

Sunday - nothing planned, depends on whether the cable arrives for the radio I'm installing into my neighbours Mondeo. He decided the factory radio was rubbish, so bought a 'Tesla-style' android radio. Total PITA to fit, as the reversing camera he has from the factory isn't compatible, so had to run fresh in the boot lid, through the rubber grommet and off to the front. The real issue was the heater controls are part of the original radio section, so we had to remove the ecu for the heater, hide it in the dash somewhere, and make sure it worked on the new radio before screwing it all in. Well at first it did, then I had to remove the radio to modify the original plastic fitting cage, in doing so, I didn't realise that there were 2 cables that go into the radio that control the heater, took a bit of head scratching to figure that one out lol! So all that's left to do is fit the 4G aerials, install a sim card for the data, wire the camera in, then fit all the panels back into the boot lid and hopefully it'll all work. 

I then have a whole week off work! Monday is my birthday, Good Friday is my brother's, so hopefully will be going out somewhere. 

Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing!

Hope everything turns out OK with your dad.

Not a fan of those aftermarket "Tesla-Style" radios.  We source them from overseas (probably from the same company), and while they look nice and work OK when they decide to work, they are generally slow loading and the interface is not ideal in most cases.  Hope you get it working well, but I never understood why someone would remove a specifcially engineered OEM head unit for an aftermarket unit with software designed to be compatible with multiple vehicles.  It just never ends up working smoothly.  Hope you get it to work well in your neighbors car, best of luck.