Sign in to follow this  
matisse

How long to approve a thread?

Hey Mods!

My new theads need moderation, how long does this take? And what happens to them if they disappear?

I have content I want to upload but don’t want to start again if I don’t need to.

not that I have started many threads, but I don't recall having to wait. Maybe there was an issue somewhere.

Probably got picked up by the "boring" filter?. Lol 

Or I think sometimes the sale threads get modifier approval?

@TWINSET might help if he is still a moderator?. I know he stepped back a while ago.  But I'm not sure who the most active moderator is just now..

I just searched for active moderators and couldn't see any but 

@netsmithUK should work when he logs on .

• Like 1

I'm not a mod any more, haven't been for just over two years now, but I'll send Chris a message.

As background, the Builds forum was 'mod approval' to stop threads ending up there which were not specifically builds - hence the 'Build Tips' forum.
When the Builds forum was first active every question regarding building a model was posted in there and there were a lot of reports of threads in the wrong forum. By making it mod approval, we got notified every time a new thread was posted and it made housekeeping a lot easier.

There's no point re-posting a thread which hasn't been approved yet, as all it means is the thread either hasn't been seen by a mod yet or it's been moved to the relevant forum (if it wasn't a build).

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 8:33 PM, TWINSET said:

I'm not a mod any more, haven't been for just over two years now

No goodbyes, no leaving party... You just got up and left us... *sniff* 😢

😄

Thank you for all your input here, Andy. I realise there are other moderators too, but you've been prolific and very helpful on this forum. Especially the years I've been here, so wanted to say thanks for all your effort. 🏆

• Thanks 1

Cheers Neil - once it was all sorted it was actually April 1st so I doubt any leaving party invites would've been replied to :lol:

• Haha 1