Deadlysub

Is this just a case of re-soldering?

Hi guys, as per the title. Is this just a case of buying a soldering iron.

Or is this a perfect opportunity to upgrade the motor 😂

293D4ED6-334E-4A88-8C63-A05557C3D588.jpeg

Yes, easy fix with a soldering iron and some fresh rosin core solder.. you can also pickup some shrink tube and use a heat gun or hairdryer to match the yellow lead.  GL  

Easy fix with the soldering iron and flux core wire.  Ask a buddy our your LHS for help if you’re not up to the task.

I would see this as an opportunity to learn your ropes with a soldering iron (assuming you are not familiar with it yet). It's a super easy fix, you don't even need to take out the motor but just the wheel. As said above, some rosin core solder will do. Basic soldering irons come cheap online and are enough for this stuff. Cut out a bit of the green tubing to expose the wire enough and you are good to go. Take your time and you'll get it right eventually.

Given the position of the motor, continuously bouncing along with the gearbox, and maybe because of the intense use, I snap the motor cables of my Hornet on a weekly basis. It just happened a couple hours ago ^_^ you'll get used to fixing it quick whenever it happens, and learn a skill that is very useful -if not essential- for RC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ferruz said:

I would see this as an opportunity to learn your ropes with a soldering iron (assuming you are not familiar with it yet). It's a super easy fix, you don't even need to take out the motor but just the wheel. As said above, some rosin core solder will do. Basic soldering irons come cheap online and are enough for this stuff. Cut out a bit of the green tubing to expose the wire enough and you are good to go. Take your time and you'll get it right eventually.

Given the position of the motor, continuously bouncing along with the gearbox, and maybe because of the intense use, I snap the motor cables of my Hornet on a weekly basis. It just happened a couple hours ago ^_^ you'll get used to fixing it quick whenever it happens, and learn a skill that is very useful -if not essential- for RC

I haven’t soldered since high school 20 years ago. I’m going to order an iron and give it a go because as you say it’s going to happen again.

Thanks for all the comments.

Get the highest 'Watt' soldering iron you can. I've had some cheapo ones in the past and I may as well used a hair dryer. And get some appropriate flux. Makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

Just as way of an update, I bought a soldering iron and managed to resolder.

I wouldn’t say it’s the best job in the world but it’s worked!

• Like 4