matisse

Much Euro, Many Truck, So Race, wow

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I sure fancy a nice cold can of Holoubek.

• Like 1

Update on the esc. Def fried , possibly the servo.
Spoke to MB Models you got straight on to the Hobby Co about a warranty. no dice as I’d fitted deans connectors due to my battery claiming with deans.

It appears any modifications invalidate any warranty. Hey ho.

Quicrun 1060 on the way.

Sigh....is it possible that the Tamiya ESC killed both of my servos?  New HW 1060 fitted and neither servo works , tried them 2 different rx’s and switched over the ports   To check it’s definitely not the rx. Only constant has been the battery, but I can’t see how that could effect things.  

A flurry of work to get this ready for its first race meet this week. HW1060 turned up so finally got all the electrics fitted and completed. 
LP servo as real estate is at a premium right now so I’m thinking for renting the space out to a young professional.

7037026C-F04E-44EC-9A0E-AC1DC1F19C9E.md.

1B7C4676-F88A-4179-BD54-6AEF0E5D89B7.md.

that’s gotta be worth at least a few hundred a month right there.

all of which means that all of the electrics can fit on the deck, which is nice.

FE9CF225-4BD0-4F0C-A1DE-9B4320F19D7C.md.

• Like 2

Time for a quick sunny photo shoot whilst the shell still looks nice!

8E03D453-038D-4D26-B298-D0CBF98E977F.md.

16BA39B4-539B-480F-8F69-94834EB1D3BD.md.

918B394C-5438-4E96-9B01-530674847C9E.md.

AA2EFE94-7F34-4509-9AA4-1E6907F9C36A.md.

C62803A7-13F6-455A-BA68-EE307A0908AE.md.

A074D48F-0CF8-45DA-BDE7-344C0B3A3D53.md.

super happy with the clear rear bed.

• Like 10

That clear part of the body shell looks good!! What an inspired idea.

Was it the Alturn servo that you suspect might have fried the original esc? Theyve sort of been my cheapish go to servo from modelsport for a couple of years now and only had one that was a bit dodgy out of about fifteen of them (which was replaced no problems)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

That clear part of the body shell looks good!! What an inspired idea.

Was it the Alturn servo that you suspect might have fried the original esc? Theyve sort of been my cheapish go to servo from modelsport for a couple of years now and only had one that was a bit dodgy out of about fifteen of them (which was replaced no problems)

Yeah, I’m really happy with how it look on both this and the Aqroshot/DT03T.

unsure on the Alturn being the issue, also had a Trackstar and I think I may have plugged that in first, can’t remember. Could also have just got a dodgy ESC, 🤷

Nice Truck 👍🏻, and it just goes to show that the best colour paint in some situations is no paint at all 😉

Enjoy racing it. 

• Like 1

I'm having a few issues with motor temps on my tt01e with a dust cover and car body. Do you think there is any risk of having overheating with the back end of the body giving such little clearance, or is it likely to run in short heats and then be allowed to cool?

2 hours ago, Toad16v said:

I'm having a few issues with motor temps on my tt01e with a dust cover and car body. Do you think there is any risk of having overheating with the back end of the body giving such little clearance, or is it likely to run in short heats and then be allowed to cool?

Based on the performance of the truck series so far it all appears to be fine. Keeping it low on battery power and only allowing stock gearing and ideally sticking to the Stock motor no doubt helps. Time will tell though.

• Like 1

Cool. I'm surprised how hot mine is considering it's nowhere near the top end of the gearing spectrum.

I really like the clear sections.

• Like 1

Easily the most fun racing I’ve done. Keeping them stock makes it close, really close as you can see from the damage to the shell

487FCE1B-5BA0-4D5C-811A-51B79AC9F094.md.

AD396E70-A83D-471C-8FE6-0F26C5A157DD.md.

8CB98470-511F-4D3E-B9A7-E353CB3413F6.md.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, matisse said:

Easily the most fun racing I’ve done. Keeping them stock makes it close, really close as you can see from the damage to the shell

487FCE1B-5BA0-4D5C-811A-51B79AC9F094.md.

Great to hear! Although I am sorry your hard work on the shell got roughed up so quickly...

... That being said, isn't Euro Truck Racing known for full-contact contests?

b0a612a34c4f07043484585585df0e32.jpg

Which means it looks like a proper race truck now ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grastens said:

Great to hear! Although I am sorry your hard work on the shell got roughed up so quickly...

... That being said, isn't Euro Truck Racing known for full-contact contests?

b0a612a34c4f07043484585585df0e32.jpg

Which means it looks like a proper race truck now ;)

That’s a picture of one of our race nights for sure….:)

10 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Ouch! What sort of surface are you running on?

Indoors on carpet. Quite small tracks so not a huge amount of room to pass, but the nature of the trucks kinda encourages the “rubbing is racing” mentality. No targeting, but plenty of side by side action and using other trucks to aid cornering…:)

So far it’s been pretty faultless, no breakages, spur in perfect condition still.

Running has been better since we moved clubs to new carpet as the lack of additive made it better for the stock tyres. Our rules state no additive and we just clean between runs with brake cleaner to remove any glazing on the tyre surface. Since super gluing the front tyre walls and filling the diffs I haven’t made a set up change or equipment change and it’s been great to just put it on track and drive.

Diffs made the biggest difference, Front is stuffed with AW grease and is quite stiff, rear a light coating of AE Black Grease and very loose.

• Like 2

They look like theyre travelling at the sort of speed that even my terrible reactions and coordination might allow me to take a few bends.

That looks much more fun than the normal racing where they all disappear of the start line at warpspeed and you cant see whats going on

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

They look like theyre travelling at the sort of speed that even my terrible reactions and coordination might allow me to take a few bends.

That looks much more fun than the normal racing where they all disappear of the start line at warpspeed and you cant see whats going on

yeah, at full gas on a straight its still feels fast, but not too fast that you cant react to crashes or marshalls etc. stock racing is great, i love it.

Next development is going to be TRUCKCROSS. Slapping some Schumacher Rallyblocks on and running mixed surface indoors with small jumps etc... cant wait.

• Like 2

Last race at the old club venue tomorrow, time for a little maintainence.

2795BAC5-26DC-45EE-868F-83FA5A0AC2BC.md.

I’m amazed at how sturdy these things are. All the bearings and gears are in perfect condition, and hardly even needed and lube. Diffs needed packing, a stiffer front has proved a real difference maker in the handling, so re-packed the front with AW grease and the rear with Molybdenum grease.

now let’s see if I can keep up the winning streak….. :) 

• Like 2

793D5D44-5D05-44A2-BA50-E4F66D2059F7.md.

TRUCKCROSS is stupid fun. Yellow Schumacher rally blocks on and this thing had grip for days on both the wooden floor and the carpet. Started off with the kicker, but moved to a lower ramp for a more level flight in later rounds . Just a simple figure 8 with a cross over but it proved the potential.

https://fb.watch/aHTvY1z1l0/

• Like 2