Ok so I simply can not decide on the fender kit colour, place your votes below:

Metalic Red ( as body )

Gunmetal ( as roof, grills, spoiler & splitter )

No fender kit

Wheels will be Gunmetal probably.20210509_185705.thumb.jpg.42636659d3494ac808e99a1f3dd0da59.jpg20210509_185857.thumb.jpg.8c05c7ec7b547df37f1b07e45bd35aad.jpg20210509_184852.thumb.jpg.550b031bfc48c7f97f93617292d53434.jpg20210509_185731.thumb.jpg.ed96c8e8d8a85b47913dafd34560f391.jpg20210509_185749.thumb.jpg.ff187477005391cd5ffe46bcc7660ae5.jpg

• Like 1

3 coats of each in the following order.

PS-37 translucent Red

PS-48 Anodized Aluminum

PS-5 Black. 

The roof and details are PS-23 Gunmetal backed with Black

• Thanks 1

I'd be tempted to go no fender kit but if you do...red :D.

Looking very nice, I must say.

31 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Definitely red.  

Hope you have side mirrors too..  GL!

Yep. Awaiting filler primer. For the wing mirrors, grills, rear diffuser, shark fin arial.

Also got decals to do. Not loads. Wheels ( awaiting wide axals to measure ofset correctly )

Mag mounts ( its just sat over the chassis loosely for the pics )

Light buckets are in progress. Just rear and break to go then fit into shell.

First choice would be Red, followed secondly by, Red and third choice.........Red 👍🏻

• Haha 1

Wheels look to fill the arches anyway?

So maybe need wider hexes (and low profile wheel nut), different off set / wider wheels, for it to look right with Red arches.

red

if you paint them same as the wheels then it will all blend and will cancel out the fenders appearance  on the shell but if you paint the wheels a diff colour then why not gun metal for the fenders

8 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Wheels look to fill the arches anyway?

So maybe need wider hexes (and low profile wheel nut), different off set / wider wheels, for it to look right with Red arches.

Ah, so the body was strategically posed for the photos to show how it may look. :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonny Crumpet said:

not a fan of the 147, but i did drive the diesel and petrol models of the Giulia, also the Stelvio while I worked at Sixt. very BMW car, but I like it. my dream car would be 420d  Gran Coupe as a family ride. 

3 hours ago, Jonny Crumpet said:

Looks like Red is the clear winner,

I hope I have enough left in the can. 

Good luck with the project.   So what adhesive would you use to attach the over fenders to the body?  I would use some thin VHB mounting tape..is that the norm?

i dont like over fenders, but if you have to use them, i would paint them body color.

12 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Good luck with the project.   So what adhesive would you use to attach the over fenders to the body?  I would use some thin VHB mounting tape..is that the norm?

I have never done it before. But I'm not sure tape would work there are no face to face parts only edge to face. It looks from other builds online scale screws are used, there are indents for "bolts" where these would go. My thought was this with posibly hot glue on the underside.

An alternative to hot glue is shoo goo, commonly used to reinforce bodies. No heat against your recently painted body required either.

9 hours ago, Jonny Crumpet said:

I have never done it before. But I'm not sure tape would work there are no face to face parts only edge to face. It looks from other builds online scale screws are used, there are indents for "bolts" where these would go. My thought was this with posibly hot glue on the underside.

You would mount the tape just inside the mating line enough to pull the over fenders to contact the body.   But you will need to make sure the paint is thick enough that the tape's shadow does not seep through.   You mentioned limited paint left, so.   

With tape you can cleanly remove it if anything goes wrong.

I suppose if you're confident in placement, ShooGoo as Badcrumble mentioned.  I've never used ShooGoo on the outside of the body.