Rich427

Kyosho UAS-1 re-release

Just saw this The re release of the USA-1 in both nitro and brushless!

Although not a true re-release.  

Kyosho-8th-Scale-Brushless-Monster-Truck-USA-1-VE-Readyset-1.jpg

• Like 2

Psst... hey, Kyosho: do a kit version with a clear body, so I can paint it up like my 1:1 truck. GMT400 bodies are hard to find...

GbQgjNRbSbyAEkWrSQMm1w?w=1200&h=675&fm=w

• Like 1

3 hours ago, isomer1 said:

¥79,200 retail, yikes :wacko: Solid axle is interesting though.

https://rc.kyosho.com/en/usa-1

£500+ definitely yikes! Probably good quality though?

I'm glad Kyosho is continuing to put out new models since the company was purchased by Shinsei Bank.  Hopefully, this will be followed up with more goodies like a re-re Optima mid.

This offering is a bit pricey, but I get it..  They already had the Mad Crusher platform (which seems very capable but for whatever reasons wasn't wildly popular among MT fans), and just needed a licensed body to cap it off to connect the history of the USA-1 in both monster truck reality and Kyosho product history.  I'm curious to see how the this will fare against Losi's LMT.  

23 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Psst... hey, Kyosho: do a kit version with a clear body, so I can paint it up like my 1:1 truck. GMT400 bodies are hard to find...

GbQgjNRbSbyAEkWrSQMm1w?w=1200&h=675&fm=w

I'm with ya there, Mark.

I looked at the jconcepts bodies but they just look wrong, front fenders, angle of nose, windscreen angle, plus the oversized guards and would have to chop off and fabricate a factory bumper... just to make a regular c1500.

This kyosho is just a regurgitated Mad Force with a non licenced Chevy body, no thanks.

Although an actual rerelease would have been good this truck still looks pretty cool and I'll probably end up with one at some point.

k usa1 b.jpg

k usa1 a.jpg

k usa1 c.jpg

Any shops taking 'pre-orders' yet? 

I've emailed Stellamodels last week but got no reply...

My LHS was able to call Kyosho directly and pre-order.  You can always do that route, but it isn't up on the USA site yet so would require an email.  Not sure about Kyosho distribution in other countries though.