TheGizmodi

Monster Beetle upgrades while building?

On 6/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, Cynan said:

Excellent video.!

Thanks, it was my first bash at doing an RC video. Definitely learned a few things lol

I managed to get its sister project finished up today! Lexan TBG Shell for my Blitzer Beetle so I can bash it around and make some proper videos with action!

20210617_153556_HDR.thumb.jpg.af5d953864aabda393c4fe871df67f82.jpg

20210617_153545_HDR.thumb.jpg.fefe943639d5d2a1477d1c75ceb1186c.jpg

20210617_153430_HDR.thumb.jpg.0a362502abe16ea7fdbbefaf257e7210.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, TheGizmodi said:

Let us know how yours turns out!

It arrived today after being delayed with customs. Built the car and really enjoyed how different it was to the ones I’ve built before. Going to paint the shell tomorrow.

1F0D4AA3-8848-41A8-AEEE-EBA5BDF7E787.jpeg

• Like 1

Good work! Speedy too! I thought the chassis was a little frustrating at times! Definitely not my favorite, but interesting never the less....

Here's a video of the Blitzer Bash I took this morning...

Basher Blitz - YouTube

• Like 1

The black part that you screw the servo into wasn’t to clear where it went but luckily I could slide it into place without undoing anything. I stuck the ESC onto the servo and has to undo all that once as I put the wires in the wrong place and then the motor connections only just fit. Might have to move the ESC to the alternate place at some point.

Where did you put yours?

On 6/19/2021 at 12:39 AM, Cynan said:

The black part that you screw the servo into wasn’t to clear where it went but luckily I could slide it into place without undoing anything. I stuck the ESC onto the servo and has to undo all that once as I put the wires in the wrong place and then the motor connections only just fit. Might have to move the ESC to the alternate place at some point.

Where did you put yours?

Sorry, I didn't see this question until now....

I installed it as per the instructions. I put the ESC on the side of the servo with the included double sided tape. Had to redo it of course as the first servo I purchased wasn't fast enough, more for crawling instead of running. So swapped it out and put some new tape in there. I have it mounted exactly how it states in the manual. Where you not able to get it in there? Mine was a tight fit I have to admit. I think the tolerance of some servo's may make them too big. That said. I don't think its that critical having the ESC there, just stick it somewhere out of the way like the receiver etc.. I am happy to get you some pictures though.

I put mine there as well. I used a sports tinted motor rather than the stock one and that had shorter leads. On the next page of the instructions it’s shows mounting the ESC next to the recover and I might move kind there to provide better cooling and so the connections aren’t as tight. They would then also allow the servo to be mounted in the middle to allow better steering.

On 6/19/2021 at 3:39 AM, Cynan said:

Might have to move the ESC to the alternate place at some point.

Where did you put yours?

On my Frog Jumper, I have my ESC installed in the metal MSC plate. I flipped the plate upside down to provide more vertical space.

RLQFzJD.jpg

On my Bushy D, I made a small tray out of sheet metal and installed my ESC where the old school receiver and AA battery pack would have gone, ie behind the servo.

pLkhlW3.jpg

I did the same on my daughter’s BarbieFoot.

05rkwuu.jpg