Sign in to follow this  
Big Jon

MF-01X Spurs Stripping

Every single one of us in our rally club who's using the MF-01X, even with the stock Torque Tuned and a steel pinion, is suffering repeat spur gear failures. My MF, with a Yeah 23T and TL-01 high speed gear set, is currently down with a roached spur. There must be a way to make these things survive, especially as beefy as these gears are. I'm going to try using short screws inside the gearcase to hold the motor directly to the motor plate (aluminum) when I install the next gearset. Are we the only people with this issue? Has anyone found a solution?

I have yet to run into that with mine, but I’m running a 55t and Trail portals, even with grippy tires, this isn’t an issue.

I had a gear failure on my M05after hard brushless 10T running. Installed reinforced geara and no issue since. The black hop up gears. They are supposed to be carbon reinforced if I am right. Not sure about MF01

I can't say that I have had any issues with mine, and it regularly comes on long walks with my wife and myself, so has had many many miles through the gears. That said, these miles have been at walking pace, and the motor is a 55 turn brushed unit.