So I had the Longheroni conversion delivered end of April and been of work this week so thought I’d have a go at it. First issue is that are no nice printed instructions as in normal kits, this relies on a video which can be viewed from their website or YouTube..If your not studying the video then you miss the screen shot showing which size of screw to use on that section of build. It may have been verbal but I had the sound muted

Next issue was my fault by not installing 4th gear to lock the front diff so the diff was too tight a fit in the new gearcase, this forum provided me with video on correct installation but after installing all the gears it was binding on the output shaft which I cured by packing the cover plate using an m3 washer under each of the 4 screws..At this point I also found that the slots for adjusting the motor were about 1/2 mm short hence the gap between pinion and spur gear is slightly bigger than I would like- something to tackle later. Maybe a slightly larger pinion ?

Front suspension requires that you reverse the steering knuckles and you only use 1screw on the lower arms, second hole is for mounting the shocks. After that it is fairly plain sailing although I didn’t have enough screws for the body mounts and forward battery tray. On their way via Ebay, lol. So I’ve not fixed electronics but did connect them to test and set steering.

Still need to mount my D90 body which will result in extra holes in it but may invest in another body in the future( non Tamiya).

First impressions it needs 90mm shocks to lift it and give a bit more travel( already got CVDs)and may fiddle with the steering hubs and arms to gain a little more steering which is already improved with the servo mounted at the front.

Px4W1ms.jpg

WU9uDGy.jpg

kSWDBkf.jpg

u1vaLNx.jpg

• Like 4

I,ve watched most of the videos for tips. 90mm shocks and oil are due, so might get back on it this weekend..also got spacers to widen the track.