Rb4276

Top force universals

Which cvd are you guys using for your top forces? I see yeah racing & xtra speed cause apparently the evo doesnt come wih them.  I used xtra speed for my optima and they were short unless i changed the suspension so tossed them for only emergencies and put kyosho in. I also see tamiya ones but would rather not spend $80 on four unless i just do the front. 

Does tamiya 53791 fit? I have a set from my old dt03t and tt02b ms i sold

36 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Does tamiya 53791 fit? I have a set from my old dt03t and tt02b ms i sold

To my findings, yes. I´ve ordered a set for testing, but as stated, they are not very cheap. There is a 3 racing version available. Probably, they can be found cheaper.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

To my findings, yes. I´ve ordered a set for testing, but as stated, they are not very cheap. There is a 3 racing version available. Probably, they can be found cheaper.

Id rather stick with the tamiya, i had them in both my cars for a few years with strong castle motors and no issues other than the occasional set screw coming loose until i added the tamiya ring hop up

• Like 1

Tamiya top force evo:

Item 53791 universal shafts are employed front and rear, high-precision components for minimal speed loss, and smooth cornering.

Am I missing something?

I use the original universals for terra schorcher/top force in current cars.

7 minutes ago, Alangt4 said:

Tamiya top force evo:

Item 53791 universal shafts are employed front and rear, high-precision components for minimal speed loss, and smooth cornering.

Am I missing something?

I use the original universals for terra schorcher/top force in current cars.

Someone posted that the video at the japan show showed dog dogbones. It does appear to be them too from the video but im not positive 

• Like 1

The main Tamiya announcement states universals front and rear and the press info also gave the part number of them so I’d be as sure as you can be they are definitely there.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alangt4 said:

The main Tamiya announcement states universals front and rear and the press info also gave the part number of them so I’d be as sure as you can be they are definitely there.

That is great info, if this is true. Would be a shame to deliver the new Evo with the old original universals. It´s a night and day difference from wear behaviour.:wub:

Do you have a link maybe for your findings?

check the main Tamiya site- it is there... it’s the new type as also used in the terra schorcher re re, not the older style all round.

im not sure though are the diffs the same as normal top force, the original evo style or the ta03 type (unlikely). Should be some unboxing or build videos soon.

• Like 1

Found it on the Tamiya America homepage:

• Choose between rigid and one-way counter gear options.
• Item 53791 universal shafts are used for the front and rear. These high-precision components provide minimal speed loss, and smooth cornering.
• Includes 540-brushed type motor.
• Includes NEW TBLE-04S ESC. Compatible with brushless motors (sensored) of 21.5 turns and higher, and Tamiya brushed motors 25 turns and over.

Funny though, if the TBLE04S ESC desrcription is false acc. the Brushless motors: Who wants 21,5t or higher? should be lower?

I mean the TBLE02 was taking up to 10,5t with some additinal cooling. But maybe I missed something here...

But modern universals finally confirmed. Everything else would have been a joke, in my eyes.