Sign in to follow this  
rwordenjr

Help with midnight 🎃!

I’ve never had this chassis before. Does this gearbox sound all good ? And this gear  isn’t used on the lunchbox/pumpkin right ? Can’t find in manual where it’s ever used. It was in same bag as the other gears. 

3120B5F3-B624-4F3E-A37F-F641E41018BA.jpeg

I can't hear any gearbox noises at all, just the motor, so that ought to be a good thing I guess?

And yes, that little gear isn't used.

• Like 1

Thanks guys ! The pinion was the sketchy part with using the paper lol. It doesn’t do anything. And that you can’t see the mesh 

Hey no problem.  Ideally the paper is suppose to have enough thickness to separate the gears for proper mesh distancing.  Anyway your gears sound like a typical Tamiya gear box so you should be good to go.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

And this gear  isn’t used on the lunchbox/pumpkin right ? Can’t find in manual where it’s ever used. It was in same bag as the other gears. 

That gear is used in the original Wild Willy which was where the rest of the Lunch Box/Pumpkin gears originated. I had the same question back in the late 80's when I put my first Lunch Box together. For whatever reason, Tamiya never took it out of the mold and still sends it along with the other gears to this day.

• Like 1