Sign in to follow this  
markturbo

Why No King Cab & Hilux Racer?

After all these years of re-releases why do you think we haven't seen the King Cab or Hilux Racer? The new TTC tranny from the Super Astute has already been done and would likely be used. And the long CVA shocks, aren't those the same as the rear shocks on the Super Hotshot? So really they only need to reproduce the chassis, bodies, wheels and tires? They still have licenses for Toyota and Nissan on some of their other products so that shouldn't be a problem.

I just really want to see these kits brought back and I know a lot of you do to.

• Thanks 1

Because they're made of cheese :lol:

• Like 1

With some improvements - I'll be FIRST in line to get a King Cab rere!! 😁 

AND a King Blackfoot! IMO the best of the Series.

• Like 1

Since they did the Super Astute they already have an improved transmission (with gear diff!) to use. They can re-use the bodies but might have to "re-brand engineer" the decals if they can't use the Toyota and Nissan names, but at this point I'd assume they're probably aware most of us would just put repro decals on the truck anyway.

They're not as fragile (IMHO) as some people complain either. I had one I bought that was well used and I wheeled it for a couple summers. No crazy jumping or 'bashing' - just enjoying the vehicle with respect (on dirt) and it was AWEOSME. One of the best handling Tamiya Monsters I've owned.

If they re-released those I'd buy one for sure.