Sign in to follow this  
Radders

Parts Shortages ?

So once again, disaster struck!  After replacing so many hubs on the front of the re re Frog, I got lazy and didn't threadlock the 3x8mm step screws top and bottom - and lost 2. Now I can't get replacements , everywhere showing no stock of Bag D hardware (PN:9465665).

Any ideas or known suppliers with stock ? We're a bit stuck at the moment. Lesson learned.

Looks that way still. With some kits starting to reappear hopefully the parts will follow, been waiting for a manta ray chassis for ages.

1 hour ago, Alangt4 said:

Looks that way still. With some kits starting to reappear hopefully the parts will follow, been waiting for a manta ray chassis for ages.

It's still possible to build one from parts. I bought parts from Micheals top force here and ordered more missing parts. I got to the RC scene a bit late ie 2-3yrs after the 2018 RERE got scarce. RCMart and eBay should get most parts you'd need along with some more common parts from LHS.  I'm less than 5 parts for the Manta build but those missing parts are early step items. It's a game of patience to say the least. I'd say I'm breaking even with a overpriced kit from ebay so far but I'm very determined to have one in my collection.

I lost one of mine the other day (first time in 35 years I think), couldn't find any so have ordered these as "near enough" replacements; yeah they're hex head and may well need a washer as well, but they should suffice.  ~AUD$4.50 shipped for 10.  But really any 8mm M3 shoulder bolt should do the job if you have a fastener supplies shop local to you, the shoulder's just a built-in bushing for the pivot.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000726228162.html

In the meantime I've just whacked in a standard M3 bolt.  If I had something that could cut accurately I might just try chopping a few mm of the 4mm OD / 3mm ID brass tube I have lying around and sleeving standard bolts with that.  Not exactly like the Frog ever had precision steering, it's a basher and I'll part it with whatever I can make fit.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:32 PM, Frog Jumper said:

Are you in the US???

Terry

UK - i got the part I needed in the end but it seems I got the last of the stock as I was going to buy 2 but could only source the 1 item.