Augustin

Which avante shell on a egress/vanquish

Hello, I recently got a 1989 vanquish chassis, in pretty good condition. I will upgrade it with re re vqs high caps and egress carbon deck from fiber lyte, to make it look like an egress chassis, but I want to put it on a Avante shell, with the black special livery.

But with the longer wheel base, does an original Avante shell will fit ? I saw that with a little bit off trimming it works, but what about the under-tray ? Which one to put ? I also saw the 2001 shell, but the shape from this body are different from the original Avante ? Or it's just a little bit longer ? Difficult to see with pictures.. I want to keep the vanquish front tower, I don't really like the egress tower.

Thank you ! 

2001 Avante body is needed for the egress chassis .  As the egress chassis is longer .

• Like 1

Okay, thank you. But how much they are different ? It's difficult to see with pictures, maybe if anyone have both..

Thanks @Bwaaatch for mentioning me, hope you´re well!;)

It´s a bit more work, yes. But the only way to get the long wheelbase and the iconic Avante undercowl.

Most easy way is to use the Avante 2001 shell and the corresponding Avante 2001/Vanquish undercowl. with this, you get a nice fit between body and undertray. An original Avante shell is usable on Egress chassis wheelbase wise, but has no perfect interaction with the 2001 undertray. 

I´d propose you take an 2001 shell and try to adapt the black special decals to it! Never seen this so far.;)

But if you are not taking it too hard, I already saw some original Avante shells on Egress chassis with some custom cutting involved. In the front section the fit is feasable. But it will never look as sleek from the side or below as the original Avante (at least for my blinded eyes).:)

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Like 1

Thank you @Bwaaatch for your help and @ruebiracer for sharing your build ! I will go with the 2001 shell and it's under-cowl. Like you said, the biggest different between both bodys is the under-cowl on the 88, which go up. But with the egress plates, it's not possible to fit this under-cowl, because of the large lower deck. I will maybe do a build post, but anyway, I will keep you posted !

• Like 1