esmuz

DT-03 Lose terrain Tires

I am looking for recommendations on tires for my DT-03. 

I use it in a park, sand is quite soft, dusty and slippery and the square spike tires provided with the kit are totally useless, it's like driving on ice. 

I've been recommended to use Schumacher's Block tires both front and rear , which are 2" but will fit the 2.2"ish star rims provided with the kit.

These tires look great, old style, and I'm pretty sure the recommendation is good, but these are a bit hard to find in my country and I am not whiling to pay high shipping costs.. 

Any other recommendations for this kind of terrain and 2WD?

I am super confused, there are so many kinds of patterns and spikes.. 

Thanks!

Had similar issues at local bmx track I run at. Front I went for Schumacher Cut staggers and very happy with them. Rears I went for Proline Blockade. Quite a small block but good grippy compound. Might be an option for you depending on how deep the sand is. Work well if it’s just a fine coating. If deep can always go with a pair of sand slingers, I have them for beach running. 

Thanks! I was about to get the blockade for the rears, now that you mention them I think I'll do it. The cut staggers are supposed to be for carpet, but nice to know that seem to work pretty well. 

For sand, you're better with paddle tyres.

I went with the, Indimidator Formula Off Road, but needed truck wheels, as they're slightly wider (and slightly wider hexes)

2019-01-26_01-48-54

Give enough grip, to flip it on its roof (3800kv/3s) 

2019-07-16_03-12-50

Not sure if they're easily available where you are.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/401721