richb77

Bearing list location

Hi All.

Once upon a time i came across a list of Tamiya models (not unlike the model list here) and each model/chassis had a list of the bearings used in that model.

Anyone know where that was/is or where i can find similar as i like to source my bearings locally (basically suppliers at work get me what i want for a few quid as work buy thousands of big bearings from them.

I have just bought a JTCC Chavalier on the FF03 chassis and want to know what i need.

Cheers.

Rich

• Like 1

Thanks but what i meant was a list for each model.

So it would read...

"Model":

4 x 1150

8 x 1050

E.T.C and there was a page for each chassis/model.

Ignore my insane jibberings...I see the link you have supplied and can do the legwork. Its just a shame i think the site i found is either lost or been forcefully pulled. I have a feeling it was another Tamiya forum site or maybe even vintage-RC-

Thanks by the way!

Edited by richb77
removing my ignorance.
  • Haha 1

I go onto rcbearings website and assume theyve done all the hard work upfront so they can sell complete bearing kits for each chassis type

(Thanks Colin :wub: )

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, richb77 said:

Thanks but what i meant was a list for each model.

Not seen anything like that since the old days of, half priced ballrace kit, if you bought a deal. Even then, found those kits only included gearbox and wheel bearings, where steering was missed (DF03 says fully ballraced, but plastic bushes for the steering 🤷‍♂️).

28 minutes ago, richb77 said:

So it would read...

"Model":

4 x 1150

8 x 1050

The chart will help you order the right bearings, you still might need to cross reference, and still check eBay for 1150 (5 x 11 x 4) bearings, as you can get 10 for around £4! 

5 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

I go onto rcbearings website and assume theyve done all the hard work upfront so they can sell complete bearing kits for each chassis type

(Thanks Colin :wub: )

Look to be fairly complete!! 

Another link to add to my mobile home screen...🙄😁

• Like 1