AshRC

Wanted: Tamiya Pajero 58044

If anyone has an unwanted vintage Pajero 58044, could you let me know. There’s one on eBay at the moment for £250 :lol: but there must be more looking for a new home.

I’ll be restoring it so it doesn’t matter what condition it’s in.

If all else fails, you can build one new.  

You do need few parts like front axles and tires, but they are not that hard to find. 

The old Pajero had a different tub and body to the Montero as regards to body mounts . The Paj. had a hook on mount at the front , the Montero has 2 posts in line with the Lunchie type chassis . The Paj. has a unique chassis tub

8 hours ago, AshRC said:

Bah, too late! Were they sold on here?

Wasn't on here mate it was in The Netherlands.

Wow, he’s turned a vintage Pajero into a Montero, why would you do that?! Can’t make it out from the photos, but is that metal plate on top of the chassis?

I built this from a Lunchbox chassis tub , then hopped it up to a Montero style , but I can swap back very easily - no original tub was hurt in the process . I'm currently experimenting with a 4 link rear end on it

stock version :-

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=88270&id=5280

hopped up version :-

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=125666&id=5280

• Like 1

That’s awesome. Is it just a lunchbox chassis, new wheels & tyres, shorter shocks and a Montero body, or is there a lot more to it?

• Like 1

Cheers . The body is an original Pajero , but carved up - not by me . I made it into something useable . The chassis is a re-re Lunchbox tub with original front and rear shox . The hopped up version is basically stock LB parts . The front body mounts are not Montero , but are custom made

• Like 1

Another two popped up in The Netherlands! Current offer is 100 euros, not sure whether they are going to accept it! The other one has been upgraded quite a bit and he wants 250 euros!

paj.jpeg

paj2.thumb.jpeg.46518a2d04d2dab1a84906921a0b942f.jpegpaj3.thumb.jpeg.a9d202156304099ff3c33695bbfd0ab8.jpeg