Jorgen

No Tamiya documentary?

Nowadays when pretty much any subject gets a documentary made me think. Is there any docus about Tamiya or the RC hobby in general?

• Like 1

I don`t know any.....

There is Matteos Channel where he documents his life with RC Cars. His Videos are amazing, but they are not about Tamiya, they are about Tamiya and his Life.

Tamiya Club would be a great Source for making a Tamiya Documentary.

If you want, buy an RV, Cameragear and visit our Members for Interviews.

A lot of People have great Storys to tell and do know a lot about the Company.

• Like 1

Tamiya club boss man Chris started to put some together on club members this was the first one...

From memory Jimbo was the second. The Corona virus put a stop to it unfortunately. Chris was asking for people to send clips and was going to put something together with it but I don’t think it ever happened. 

• Like 5

Those were fun. I hope the project can restart post-Coronapocalypse. 

• Like 1

A full documentary on the history of the company, or the RC wing, or of RC cars in general, would be cool but also a niche interest for us hobby lot.  And I'm not convinced the Traxxas / Arrma crowd (who now make up a big part of the RC hobby sector) would be interested in watching some dry old film about the early days of unsprung chassis and radios with a range to the end of the driveway (provided nobody else in the neighbourhood was using any nearby frequency).

I really loved Netsmith's interviews and was really hoping to be able to get involved.  Somehow the idea of taking a low-quality poorly-lit video of me talking aimlessly about myself and sending it over the web just felt like a cheap alternative, much as today's bosses would like us to think that working remotely and doing everything over video is just as good, it's no substitute for the rapport you build by sharing time in the same room as someone.  Hopefully we'll be able to do it again one day (actually technically it would be legal in the UK right now, but probably not advisable just yet which is probably why Chris is doing the right thing and leaving it be for a while).

It would be great to have a whole catalog of these interview vids - there are some previously popular members who don't post here much any more but are still very active in the RC scene.

The only way this would happen on mainstream media is if there was a real RC resurgence in the same way Lego has come back into popular culture.

Or if Chris Harris who is a Tamiya geek could pursued the Top Gear producers to let him do a segment on the company.