Crumb

Traxxas grease substitute for tamiya grease?

So I was working on my tt-02 that I’ve had for a while now, but could never get working despite taking it apart multiple times, and obviously I’ve used a lot of grease, and now I’ve run out. I did happen to find a spare bottle of traxxas grease and was wondering if that would work instead, see image of what it looks like 

image.jpg

Hi, since nobody replied I thought I’d chime in. When I too ran out of Tamiya AW grease I was unwilling to pay 10$ for a new 3g tube and I started using bicycle grease from Shimano that I had in my shop and is about a hundred times cheaper ;)

For example: https://www.google.com/search?q=shimano+grease&tbm=isch&hl=en-US&prmd=sinv&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS767US786&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjbitq7u43xAhWYADQIHXn3Cj0QrNwCKAF6BQgBELgC&biw=320&bih=450#imgrc=bZ2-zre6wyGmyM

I have used it for lower arms and the such, for about a year now and it appear to be about the right viscosity and perfectly compatible with the plastic used by Tamiya.

I have not tried it in the diff as I am using a ball diff.

I guess it depends what you are using it for. 
For lubing the gears I use a dry lube, finish line or Boeshield T9.

what are you using the AW grease for?

I use a mil-spec silicone grease that is safe for plastics on plastic gears in sealed gearboxes . Even then less is more . On any metal gears I use Green “marine” grease. I’ll also seal up wheel bearings with marine grease if I’m going to be running in deep snow