DGunn1

Tamico orders to the UK

Hi all, question for those in the UK, do Tamico orders now attract an additional customs charge and therefore also the lovely royal mail handling fee? Whats peoples experience so far with kit purchases?

Many thanks in advance

Hi,

Now that Tamico have re-started shipping to the UK they should...

This is from the Tamico website - 

"Our Shipping cost to Switzerland/Norway/Great Britain:

Since 01.01.2021, Great Britain is no longer part of the EU internal market, which results in some changes for shipping. Currently, shipping is only possible from 138 pounds (160 €) up to a maximum value of 863 pounds (1,000 €). (Status: May 2021)"

Shipping is €24.99 by DHL so they should handle the fees rather than RM. Given that they are over the £130 threshold then this should be VAT and customs duty.

DHL may also apply a handling 'admin' fee.

I know that members on here have ordered from Tamico so hopefully someone will be along soon to provide specific experience.

Hi, when I spotted that Tamico had the Bruiser for €445.37 & it was the best price I’d seen on a Bruiser in Europe, been looking for ages. I put it in my basket & emailed them as I couldn’t complete the order online. Tamico sent me a link to pay & I ordered it on 19th April along with some other bits I couldn’t find elsewhere. It was shipped DHL and arrived in a few days without any issues. Maybe it was a lucky break & perhaps next time I will get a bill with it.  

• Like 1

I’ve placed two Tamico orders this year using the method described by @J@mesabove, both of which have thankfully been delivered without incurring any import fees

Tamico are now offering shipping to the UK direct from online checkout, ie you no longer need to email them to complete / pay for your order, you just checkout online as normal. Minimum order value of €160 still applies though! Whether that change makes an order any more likely to incur import charges remains to be seen 

I got hit with £155 from parcel force for a large Tamico order made by email about a month ago to the U.K. still worked out cheaper than the U.K prices.

Thanks all, much appreciated. Shame its a bit hit and miss with charges. Was looking at their current VQS offer but as there still appears to be loads around in the UK think I'll just wait and see what comes up here.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Tamico’s approach with the €160 min order value reflects that they have chosen not to account to HMRC for vat. It gets around them needing to register. By only shipping above the £135 threshold, the vat and customs get applied at entry into the uk (or missed in some lucky cases), so it’s free of hassle for the seller.. Anything with a declared value below £135 seems to come through like normal post, as the system assumes the vat has been charged by the seller at the point of purchase and will be accounted for by them to HMRC. I’ve had several things arrive from Germany, HK, Singapore and elsewhere in this way in the past few months.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, futureworks said:

By only shipping above the £135 threshold, the vat and customs get applied at entry into the uk

Presumably this means that the 19% VAT shown included in the prices on the website is removed at checkout?

I just did a quick check by putting something in my basket and setting the UK for the shipping quote, but it didn't take the 19% off at that point.

1 hour ago, rich_f said:

Presumably this means that the 19% VAT shown included in the prices on the website is removed at checkout?

I just did a quick check by putting something in my basket and setting the UK for the shipping quote, but it didn't take the 19% off at that point.

Check out the prices before you log in…once you log in the prices automatically drop (assuming your account is uk based). Once you log in, the prices you are seeing are ex-VAT 

So my latest Tamico order just arrived.....after I paid the import and handling charges! Which in the end were pretty much spot on

I built my basket once without logging in, to see what the price would be including all their domestic taxes and kept a note of the total; essentially this is the price I would have paid in the olden days (ie December 2020!)

I then logged in and rebuilt the basket, now seeing the prices with domestic tax removed. I made a note of the total and the difference

The total import and handling charges I had to pay were a couple of quid more than the reduction in the basket price once Tamico remove the domestic taxes, so it seems to all work out quite fairly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1