^Smith^

Tamiya Neo Scorcher Motor and ESC

Good Day All

Please advise...Has Tamiya made an error??

The Motor and ESC came with the kit. The motor has two leads only (leading me to believe that it's Brushed???)

The ESC that was provided with the kit is the Tamiya TBLE-02S, which clearly says it's brushless (three leads)

Can I assume that the motor and this ESC is NOT compatible ???

I have a couple Hobbywing (1060) Brushed ESC's in stock ...Is that the way to go??? The model is complete , just putting the electronics in place now.

Please help

Thanks as always................smith

2 minutes ago, ^Smith^ said:

Good Day All

Please advise...Has Tamiya made an error??

The Motor and ESC came with the kit. The motor has two leads only (leading me to believe that it's Brushed???)

The ESC that was provided with the kit is the Tamiya TBLE-02S, which clearly says it's brushless (three leads)

Can I assume that the motor and this ESC is NOT compatible ???

I have a couple Hobbywing (1060) Brushed ESC's in stock ...Is that the way to go??? The model is complete , just putting the electronics in place now.

Please help

Thanks as always................smith

The TBLE-02 is a dual mode ESC. When set to brushed mode, you just ignore the orange wire. 

That said, if you have a 1060 to hand and plan on using the stock motor in the TT-02B, you might as well use the 1060 and save the TBLE-02 for a brushless project. They work okay in brushed mode, but are even better in brushless mode as then you can access the full range of adjustments, some of which are not accessible in brushed mode. 

• Like 1

T

Thanks so much...great news

Can't thank u enough!

Be well and safe

S.

I agree with TurnipJF.  Tamiya recently appears to have changed the throttle map in brushed mode on the TBLE02S and it is not as smooth ramping as it once was.  The 1060 is 10x better for its variability in speed.  

Hey Willy

Thank you for contributing to my post. Still pretty much a newbie, but learning alot from all the folks on this site

be well and safe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I agree with TurnipJF.  Tamiya recently appears to have changed the throttle map in brushed mode on the TBLE02S and it is not as smooth ramping as it once was.  The 1060 is 10x better for its variability in speed.  

Yes this seems to be the case. I have a few and the 02S in my top force evo is basically on or off. The previous ones had a more proportional response and worked really well up to a super stock motor.

Alangt

thank you for weighing in on my post.

much appreciated...i got a lot of info...I'll let you all know the final result

thanks again

s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alangt4 said:

Yes this seems to be the case. I have a few and the 02S in my top force evo is basically on or off. The previous ones had a more proportional response and worked really well up to a super stock motor.

Yeah, I was working on setting up my new old stock RTR Honda City today and its TBLE02S was also not dynamic as it once was.  I swapped receiver to run my usual radio and exponential for throttle meant basically nothing.   So decided to swap the ESC to my usual 1060.  So much nicer!   Also swapped the wimpy steering servo with a 20kg while I had the car apart.  With some suspension tuning the car drives night/day better now.  Very happy.

• Like 1