Sign in to follow this  
wolfdogstinkus

Kids ride on toys,,(getting popular here now)

It started when I won a little yellow trike for £3. The lady said there was no charger but she found it and gave me it on the day..

The motor only ran for a second, then cut out, so I took it all apart..

Found a loose wire on the motor, so soldered it back on, and changed the connectors to XT60 so I can use my charger.

It's a 6volt one and still works well with the old 6 volt PB battery, so I consider that one fixed, although it needs traction or rubber tyres.

Buy because I changed the connector to an XT60, I can plug a 2s lipo in which gives it more "go"..

6 volt kids ride on

TBipDIE.jpg

I haven't investigated the motor too much on this one yet but it looks very much like a ,540.. 

£3 spent so far on this one..

• Like 3

Then I won this for a £5..

The battery was knackered and only ran for a second..

This is it fully charged with original motor..

• Like 1

I was just Ito replace the battery but got carried away and ordered a 2440 brushless system for £21, 

And a spare receiver,.  £5ish..

And s spare 2s lipo for testing..

• Like 1

Fantastic - money well spent .

You might get to this stage soon , tricking out the 'big wheel'  :-

Trying To Show Off In Front Of Friends GIF - FamilyGuy StewieGriffin ShowOff GIFs

I got a load of hassle on Imgur for posting this, saying it's his fault, shouldn't be on the road, needs a helmet.. blah, blah, blah,,

If she hadn't have swung her arm out, he wouldn't have fell off.. and it was only going jogging speed on a quiet road so I didn't think a helmet was necessary,, they restrict vision, wobble about, knocking you off balance, and if you go over the handlebars ( probably the most common bike accident?). A helmet ain't gonna save your face.. unless it's a full face one..

I missed his skid on film, but he loved riding this..

That was flat out on a knackered puffed up 3s 2200mah battery..

And the slightly bigger 2440 motor. 4000kv..

But it has a thicker shaft than the 2030 cans .  

(I tried the EZRUN first but it was too small)

https://youtube.com/shorts/yXu9n5vm-jc?feature=share

Can't embed short films anymore?? Bah!!

Edit to add, he was 1kg over the maximum weight limit for this toy, but my younger boy has only just learned to ride a bike, so he wasn't brave enough..

My eldest was begging for a go, so I made him get the scales and I weighed him. Lol

And the combination of 3s lipo, brushless motor and a boy well over the recommended age limit meant the gearbox has lost some teeth.. 

It's not over till it's over, gearboxes are available.

But here's the damage.

Thought these gears looked pretty chunky and tough..

But perhaps the grease that was used damaged the plastic first?ruXSsqN.jpg

I have another project car, hope to collect it at the weekend.

Electric go kart, 12 volts, 2 motors 

I ran it on an old knackered 3s lipo and it was going great, even has a battery voltage meter, so I told them to stop at 9.9 volts. 

When it did stop, the old knackered lipo was even more knackered..

So that needs sorting out.. lol. 

Here's the old lipo.

aJb5ku1.jpg

Should be able to squeeze it back together in the vice . (I'm definitely not doing that)

Qgl0578.jpg

I had just picked this up for pneumatic tyres, for the little motorbike

OySgl7e.jpg

It came with another smaller bike with 12 inch wheels, both for £1.

Now I'm thinking that this would be stronger than the cheap electric motorbike,....

Or I'll give up on this one and collect the go kart next week and begin work on that.. (hybrid go-kart, 14inch wheels on back, 12 on front).  Lengthen the chassis for extra large kids, (me)

Twin 540's, or electric hubs..

Trouble is, round here, you can rent a scooter from a private company hired by the government, but you can't ride your own scooter on the road. I think 12mph is the limit?, Before it is classed as an electric vehicle..

The motor bike looked like so much fun though. I'll have to @bugone for details about making it driver control, rather than reckless father controlled..

I have fond memories of the few times I was let loose with a motorbike (mini kids dirt bike), and a proper old moped with pedals,. Back in the 80's before they invented health and safety.. and kids had to play outside because it used to be good for you..

too many projects, not enough time or talent. Lol