Sign in to follow this  
TurboTimmy

Broken Blitzer Beetle Front Hub And Cutout Issues

I was bashing my Blitzer Beetle today on an unused baseball field-no jumps or huge obstacles-although I did hit second base-but not at full throttle. Has anyone ever broken a front hub like this? Are there any hop up replacements, or do I just buy some Tamiya C parts?

Also-this Beetle has a Hobbywing QuicRun 1060 ESC with a Torque Tuned 540. It started cutting out-then after about 5 seconds, it started up again. I checked all the connections-they seemed okay. What might be causing this? Thanks for any info.

100_0293.JPG

100_0294.JPG

NiMH battery???  If so, low voltage is kicking in.  My brushless set would do this until I switched to LiPo…

Terry

Thanks-forgot about that-it is, indeed, a Nimh......I've had this car for over a year now with this ESC and never had issues.......Thinkin' about a 15t motor for fun....

But I'm still looking for an upgrade for the front hubs......What will work on a Blitzer chassis?

• Like 1

If you hit something hard enough to break something, ideally you want that to be the cheapest and easiest to obtain part possible.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TurboTimmy said:

Thanks-forgot about that-it is, indeed, a Nimh......I've had this car for over a year now with this ESC and never had issues.......Thinkin' about a 15t motor for fun....

But I'm still looking for an upgrade for the front hubs......What will work on a Blitzer chassis?

Yeah I think it’s old batteries. My Ni set up was fine for a long time, but the started giving me the same issues as you.  I still use my Ni batteries in my kids’ cars, but I  noticed last time that one of them is now dead and wouldn’t take a charge. It’s at least 5 years old so I’m not surprised…

Terry

On 6/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, TurboTimmy said:

If you drive the 1060 with Nimh, did you set the jumper on Nimh mode? if not, just plug it in the correct position...

And you were starting driving and after 5seconds it was cut off? shouldn´t be a heat problem then. After relaunching, it cuts again after 5 seconds?

Did you check it with a different battery?

I could think of a dying Nimh battery and a connector problem, if you still use Tamiya connectors.

But nice Blitzer beetle!

Kind regards,

Matthias

By the way-I decided to give the Beetle a different look and make it a little faster. So I got a Bolink body and a 15t Core 540 motor........

I always liked the look of the all black body with the orange wheels.......

Best part is that I can always change it back........

She goes like stink with the 15t-but, of course, battery times are shorter......Still lovin' those Panther tires........

100_0302.JPG

• Like 1