DarkSonic

TC germany south meeting

As alredy discussed in the FF01 thread of wtcc5 , it would be nice to meet some other Tamiya ethusiasts from germany. So for this purpose i opened this thread.

For a driving meet, it would be interesting so know if the interest is more in offroad or onroad.

On this knowledge we can discuss the options. I probably have for both some ideas.

@wtcc5 and @Tizer do you know any other from the south of germany? Probably @Quincy?

The discussion can begin :D

• Like 1

For Onroad my suggestions are FF01 or TA02; Offroad: 2wd or 4wd buggys of the 80s and/or 90s. Quincy and I are maybe on a Super Astute high in the coming weeks :lol: I will have fun regardless what terrain.

I am not sure though if we should agree/discuss on motor and gearing... or just meet and drive. It would mean closer fun racing, especially Onroad, but I could totally understand if someone is not willing to buy a motor for this meeting. What do you guys think about that?

@DarkSonic: What are your ideas regarding the tracks? We will need a power source to charge our batteries.

We should also invite @Sgt.Speirs, who lives close to my hometown.

Sounds good! 👏🏻 

I'm all in, regardless if it's on or offroad.

Maybe it will be easier to find an onroad track?!

Also I will keep it simple with the electronic. Simply brushed motor with lipo or nimh. 

@wtcc5: Thanks for remember on me:)

As I‘m a Racing/competition newbie and I have for my onroad car (singular) only a body for the shelf (and/or for Sunday cruising), I would prefer offroad.

What is your the expectation of this event, when you already talk about esc/motor regulations?;)

2 hours ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

@wtcc5: Thanks for remember on me:)

As I‘m a Racing/competition newbie and I have for my onroad car (singular) only a body for the shelf (and/or for Sunday cruising), I would prefer offroad.

What is your the expectation of this event, when you already talk about esc/motor regulations?;)

Maybe then you should make the „rules“ by posting what you got on your car. I guess you talk about the Manta Ray?

With my Manta Ray, I can also use my brushed equipment:

- Hobbywing 1060 / Tamiya TBLE02

- Standard silver can / Tamiya GT Tuned Motor (25T)

Or in the next weeks an additional Tamiya Super Stock BZ for my new Egress ;)

If we use a brushed setup, it doesn't matter what kind of esc or motor. We all use different kinds of chassis and we can adjust top speed by the radio. 

• Like 1

I think an easy brushed setup will be enough. Just as Quincy said, we can adjust the top speed on the radio.

I have two ideas.

For Offroad, I have a RC Offroad course 3km from where I live.  Before Covid I wanted to check the course out, but they had to close. Now they should be open. It's an astro turf track normally for 1:8. I know someone there and he told me for 5€ you can use the track for the day.

http://www.rcc-flehingen.de/

For onroad, it will be a bit more effort. I and some friends have rented a hall for our 1:1 cars. I have measured the free space where my car stands and between the lift. I think it could be possible to made a temporary indoor track.

Otherwise there is a yard in front of the hall. It's paved with Knochenstein 

IMG_20210613_192048.thumb.jpg.e12f008582d9e3a283e40a4c76e7f7be.jpg

These are my  ideas. What do you think?

Electric, Toilet etc. is no problem.

🤔 I don't want to be the bad guy, but I guess there will be no grip on this concrete floor in your garage. Also I am no fan of racing on cobblestones or racing with 1:8s.

I think for onroad racing we should visit a track. Offroad maybe more opportunities. 

• Like 1

Everything's fine ;)

On the concrete I also think grip will be minimal. The paint on the floor make it a bit more sticky if it's clean, but not that much. In this case a carpet would be the solution, but then a indoor track would be better, easier and far cheaper.

They also race 1:10. I also wouldn't be happy to be overrun by a 1:8 tractor. In this case only 1:10 should get a slot. But your right with your concerns. Do you have a dedicated Offroad Racetrack?

How about the Steinbruch Keltern? Or the huge space north of it (north of A8 and B10)? On Google Maps there is also a good looking location directly west of MAN Truck & Bus Service.

Hi guys,

as I´d call me south germany, too, I really would love to join a TC meeting in Germany! Unfortunately I´m a bit busy at the moment for private reasons. (1 year old daughter, house build).

But I will follow this thread for sure! Doesn´t matter too much about regulations on a first meet, but on and offroad would be great, in my eyes. a good vibe and Tamiya talks would be so cool, having a beer with all of you.:)

Probably I´ll not be able to join this year, but would love to join such a meet as soon as it´s possible for me. Would also bring on and offroad cars.

When I dream around, for a farer future I could think of a TC meet in Thüringen, which is not too far away from Bavaria: Sonneberg! If you´ve never been there, the Tamiya Euro Race way is worth a trip for sure. They have an very big onroad track and offroad track, which is not too severe and perfect for Vintage buggies. Very forgiving and low risk of damage. And you can book the track for e.g. a whole day for special reasons, so it would be exclusively for the group...

Just some thoughts, everywhere would be great, even non professional tracks, as long as persons with the same interests/hobby can meet each other...

greets from "Unterfranken",

Matthias

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

… I´m a bit busy at the moment for private reasons. (1 year old daughter, house build).

House building is 6 years ago, but with 3 kids (and the 4th is expecting) time is also rare for me. In this case, driving several hours for a meeting will not be possible for me. Also, because RC is for me more a nostalgic hobby, but not my most important one…unfortunatelly.

@wtcc5: Where is „Steinbruch Keltern“ exactly? Google tells me only a place near Pforzheim.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

Hi guys,

as I´d call me south germany, too, I really would love to join a TC meeting in Germany! Unfortunately I´m a bit busy at the moment for private reasons. (1 year old daughter, house build).

But I will follow this thread for sure! Doesn´t matter too much about regulations on a first meet, but on and offroad would be great, in my eyes. a good vibe and Tamiya talks would be so cool, having a beer with all of you.:)

Probably I´ll not be able to join this year, but would love to join such a meet as soon as it´s possible for me. Would also bring on and offroad cars.

When I dream around, for a farer future I could think of a TC meet in Thüringen, which is not too far away from Bavaria: Sonneberg! If you´ve never been there, the Tamiya Euro Race way is worth a trip for sure. They have an very big onroad track and offroad track, which is not too severe and perfect for Vintage buggies. Very forgiving and low risk of damage. And you can book the track for e.g. a whole day for special reasons, so it would be exclusively for the group...

Just some thoughts, everywhere would be great, even non professional tracks, as long as persons with the same interests/hobby can meet each other...

greets from "Unterfranken",

Matthias

Sonneberg sounds great! Never been there... Would be great to have a group of Tamiya Vintage Drivers out there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

Where is „Steinbruch Keltern“ exactly? Google tells me only a place near Pforzheim.

Thats it xD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

House building is 6 years ago, but with 3 kids (and the 4th is expecting) time is also rare for me. In this case, driving several hours for a meeting will not be possible for me. Also, because RC is for me more a nostalgic hobby, but not my most important one…unfortunatelly.

@wtcc5: Where is „Steinbruch Keltern“ exactly? Google tells me only a place near Pforzheim.

Oh, I stop claiming my lack of time immediately!:lol: All the best for child no.4!

Distances are for sure critical, south Germany is really big from some points! 

Also I didn´t want to draw a possible meeting more into my direction.:rolleyes: Just think, if the future places vary a little, more people could join / distances for everyone could be eualized? But hey, probably I´m 10 steps ahead.:D

Just saying, if there´ll ever be the interset for some of you like @Quincy to make a Vintage meeting in Sonneberg, I´d be happy to help support / organize it.

I was there with my nephew and some friends for a Sunday, and was flashed again by offroad. Have been racing onroad only since 1997, as all the offroad tracks nearby were dying end of the 90´s. And modern offroad  tracks are still mostly 1:8 and way to heavy for 1:10 buggies, even for modern designs.

But 2 batteries with my restored Vanquish in Sonneberg gave me and my little nephew so much fun and memories as 2 years of my usual racing season. :D

But I enjoyed very much the sessions and videoas of @wtcc5and @Quincy with the Topforce/Boomerang and the Stadium trucks. just great improvised tracks and not too big power, everything you need to anjoy a Vintage model without the fear of destroying too much. (Which would compensate the fun of driving afterwards, at least for me).:P

I took a video of our session in Sonneberg at the offroad track back then, if you like to get an impression? Just apologize for my driving, as it was the first time for me running a buggy instead of a touring car on loose sand and a real big track since 1993...:ph34r:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMJPVZiEiE

Greets to all of you,

Matthias

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, wtcc5 said:

How about the Steinbruch Keltern? Or the huge space north of it (north of A8 and B10)? On Google Maps there is also a good looking location directly west of MAN Truck & Bus Service.

I work in Pforzheim, so I will check it out on my way home ;)

I never thought about using google maps :unsure:

@ruebiracer i think this will be a big step ahead to organize a meeting in Sonneberg. But, a very good target for the future ;)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DarkSonic said:

I work in Pforzheim, so I will check it out on my way home ;)

I never thought about using google maps :unsure:

@ruebiracer i think this will be a big step ahead to organize a meeting in Sonneberg. But, a very good target for the future ;)

Thanks guys for your feedback, It will be a really a target for the future, but not impossible!;). Let´s keep it in mind. 

So @DarkSonic, you live near Pforzheim then? I´m located near Schweinfurt. I always thought @wtcc5and @Quincy are located a bit more in the north?;).

And @Sgt.Speirs, is your location near @wtcc5

Have a nice day everyone,

Matthias

Hi guys!

The weather is getting better in Germany from week to week.

I just want to remind you all of it :D

Definitely next week end @Quincy and I plan to run our Offroad cars here:

48.32380265581721, 9.804307557652805

On 6/17/2021 at 7:36 AM, wtcc5 said:

@ruebiracer: @Quincy and I are near Ulm. @Sgt.Speirs lives a little south of us. @ruebiracer you are living north of us all :lol:

@Quincy  @wtcc5 @Sgt.Speirs @DarkSonic:

So far we didn´t meet in reality, but some of you entered Tamico offroad cup last year, correct? I registered yesterday for Kinzigtal, as I´ve the time this year to manage it. So I will be more south for one weekend.;)

Any chance to meet one of you there, too?

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

So far we didn´t meet in reality, but some of you entered Tamico offroad cup last year, correct?

The Tamico Offroad Cup last year was my first racing event ever and a great experience 👍🏻

Unfortunately the driving distance and date don’t work well for me, although the (dirt) track in Kinzigtal looks great.
My current planning is to attend at the event in Laupheim (September 14th/15th) and there is a chance for the event in Augsburg (August 24th/25th ).

But AFAIK is in Kinzigtal a good chance to meet Quincy and/or wtcc5 😊

Cheers,

Thomas

• Thanks 1