Tudorp

The Willy Legacy continues....

I have been a huge Wild Willy fan since 1982 when I was serving in the USAF in Germany, and saw a Wild Willy in the window of a hobby shop over there. I bought a Wild Willy, and still have that Wild Willy today (still runs like it has always). A couple years ago, I built another Wild Willy on a GF01 4x4 chassis using another original Wild Willy M38 body. I called that upgraded version "Son Of Willy". I have also been wanting to build another generation of my favorite RC, as Son Of Willy's son (Wild Willy's Grandson). I call that one, "Grandson Of Willy", and built with a mini Wild Willy body, on a 1:24 scale Pro-Line chassis. I still have a lot of work to do on the Grandson Of Willy, but could not wait to show it off a little. I still have a lot of work to do trying to get the battery, and electronics tucked up under the body better. Not sure if I am going to be successful, but, we will see. This is just too cool. 3 Generations of the Wild Willy legacy. 

BTW: thanks "Willy iine" for turning me onto that mini Willy body. 

20210615_082226.jpg

• Like 6

Yeah wild willys are great. You got some Blazing ones. 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, Tudorp said:

A couple years ago, I built another Wild Willy on a GF01 4x4 chassis using another original Wild Willy M38 body. I called that upgraded version "Son Of Willy".

Have you got more pictures of that one?

Here are some with the tires I had on it originally that came with the Super Dump chassis. And also with my "Scorching Willy" (Sand Scorcher WW tribute)

01042021a.jpg

01042021b.jpg

06262020a.jpg

06262020b.jpg

• Like 1