hedge

Re Re Bruiser/Mountaineer driver vs Original

Does anyone know how to tell a Re-Re Bruiser/Mountaineer crash helmet driver from an original? Any markings or is the way they go together different??

Thanks for any insight

So I got a re-re. Looking at the one which I don’t know if it’s original or not there is little difference. The colour is a biggie, the new one is bright white whereas the older one looks aged. Another difference is the older one looks like it is crisper, the moulding sharper, only in one or two places and it’s probably down to the old paint and the darker colour highlighting the crevices more than the bright white one. The last difference is the screw, the re-re is the new very dark almost black colour whereas the older driver was held on with a proper vintage light bronze/gold/green screw.

The driver is actually for a vintage Hilux so all I am planning on doing is replacing the head as I want the original with hair as opposed to the bruiser helmet driver.

9 hours ago, hedge said:

The driver is actually for a vintage Hilux so all I am planning on doing is replacing the head as I want the original with hair as opposed to the bruiser helmet driver.

Although you can fit drivers inside the '85 Bruiser and its re-release from 1992 (Mountaineer), there were no drivers for these models. The drivers belong to the first gen of 3-speeders (Toyota 4x4 and Blazing Blazer).

The helmets are exactly the same between the new ones and the original version.