Sign in to follow this  
Shad87

MFC-01 Adding 30+ LED's

Hello all, joined because i couldn't find a concrete answer.

I have a MFC-01 and i purchased metal air filters and front bumper for my truck. Each have about 10 LED's wired in parallel. Can i wire those to LED ports on the MFC-01? Or is this too much for the board to handle?

If it is too much and i risk frying the board, how would i go about powering all those extra LED's? They are simple on/off LED's, no turning signals.

Much appreciated, thank you.

I just saw this.

NO you can't add that many to the MFC-01. It will overload it. One, maybe two can be added to a connector (in parrelell), depending on which one, but more will cause havick. 

There are ways to do it. Do you have more then a 4 channel radio? If so, you can get a add on switch to turn the extra lights on via extra channel. For alot of leds, I recomend a "Pico Switch" from "dimensions Engineering". It is a 1 AMP relay switch, that connects to the RX. Handles about 50 Leds (red/yellow/amber) less for other colors do to there current. I like the " pico" because the relay will isolate if anything goes wrong, and won't fry other components. (worst scenario) There are other smaller switches that work same way but no relay and not sure they will handle a lot of Leds. I use the smaller ones for smaller loads. (under 10 leds) Different generic makers for these (Ebay/hobby shops)

Sorry late to answer, hope it helps. 

• Thanks 1

I have a 6 channel radio on it. This pico switch is powered by the same lipo?

So basically i wire all my LED in parallel to it and use my radio to activate all those new LEDs? Sounds great.

• Like 1

Yes, that is correct. The site has all the specs for it. It should handle 50 or less leds. They have bigger ones for more money called the" battle switch" I think. It plugs to the RX, you wire the leds to the relay, and yes it will turn extra lights on via 5 or 6 channel.  You also have to wire leds from your battery. The "pico swicth" is the on/off between the battery and leds, controlled by RX.

I've used a lot of these in different trucks. Will run other things up to 1 Amp also. (on/off)