Hawksquawks

tamiya monster beetle Original

1 hour ago, Wranger said:

@Willy iine yes, a rere. My plan….which I hope will come together……is to build the sand scorcher as is. But I have also bought a Rough rider Body, wheels, front post and servo saver.  In the hope that I can have 2 cars on one chassis with a minor change .. ( that being change the front post ( which is connected to the chassis through the servo saver), change the wheels, and body shell…. And hey presto…a Rough Rider ( the R/C I always wanted as a kid).    What you you think of this plan…will it be do-able do you think?  

I believe it is feasible, but honestly I do not know the details as I have never built this chassis before.  As a kid back in the 80's I was more attracted to angular and box shaped cars.. Only recently I felt very attracted  to the SandScorcher and bought a rere for myself.  I plan to build mine this Fall/Winter.  :D

I would ask @Re-Buggedfor his suggestions!  

IMG_Aug102021at52734PM.jpg.622d401157cc112c166d7ab46889349f.jpg

Thanks @Willy iine  good luck with your SS build ;)   @Re-Bugged what do you reckon? Is this sort of thing do-able. It’s basically because they haven’t done a rere Rough Rider, and they are both built on the same chassis:)?

• Thanks 1

The RR was re-re as Buggy Champ. With the old SS the front post was bolted onto the RR front post so a swap of shell was easy . Not sure if the re-re SS post is one piece now . You could source an original SS post if it is in one piece.  RR wheels are easy to swap over. 

Thanks @KEV THE REV.  They did the rere..and it is now as rare as hens teeth to find one, and when you do, they are mad money…so this is my attempt at being a tightwad, and killing 2 birds with one stone so to speak.. will give it a go and see what transpires:)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wranger said:

@Re-Bugged what do you reckon? Is this sort of thing do-able. It’s basically because they haven’t done a rere Rough Rider, and they are both built on the same chassis:)?

8 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

The RR was re-re as Buggy Champ. With the old SS the front post was bolted onto the RR front post so a swap of shell was easy . Not sure if the re-re SS post is one piece now . You could source an original SS post if it is in one piece.  RR wheels are easy to swap over. 

The front body post of the rere SS is now one piece I believe but the the rest of the chassis is identical to the Buggy Champ. But still do-able @Wranger

I bought a new built Buggy Champ that came with a NIB  Sand Scorcher body shell and set of wheels. The Vintage post was also included so as KEV THE REV says swapping body's over is super easy and is done fairly regularly. I did see one come up on eBay UK not long ago, so is worth keeping an eye out.

7997E12F-5142-40BA-AAED-C4169F979527.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks @Re-Bugged.  I did see one on EBay for $25 US…. But am not going to pay the other $57 for postage on that one, so I’ll look around lol.  Thanks for the great advice tho..

• Like 1