Sign in to follow this  
FC5687

Ampro front suspension for the Frog

This is very sad as Ampro never released a front suspension for the Frog as the picture shown.

720X720-49883634476-83ac410a04-k.jpg

1 hour ago, FC5687 said:

This is very sad as Ampro never released a front suspension for the Frog as the picture shown.

The thing I'm sad about is that it seems he has moved on from Tamiya into other things.  I was hoping for more front end tweaks like his Frog rear end...

And I also sent him a broken very rare vintage ORV piece hoping he could re-create it, but AFAIK it never happened...

Terry

• Like 1

I think he returned to Tamiya recently with a Scorcher interior but it is a shame that he doesn't post on here any more.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

And I also sent him a broken very rare vintage ORV piece hoping he could re-create it, but AFAIK it never happened...

Did you get the broken part back?

2 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Did you get the broken part back?

No, I gave it to him for keeps.

Terry

On 6/19/2021 at 10:34 AM, Frog Jumper said:

No, I gave it to him for keeps.

Terry

What was the piece, a rare vintage hop up or something?

On 6/18/2021 at 7:40 AM, Frog Jumper said:

The thing I'm sad about is that it seems he has moved on from Tamiya into other things.  I was hoping for more front end tweaks like his Frog rear end...

Terry

Which part is it? depending on complexity I may be able to draw it up on solidworks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tacomancini said:

What was the piece, a rare vintage hop up or something?

It was a CRP(?) front bumper mount. It had the same rear end insert and skid plate mounting points as the CRP Frog front bumper, but had the three front holes so you could mount any bumper you wanted. It also extended the front bumper out about a half inch so you could use BF tires.  I’ve only ever seen a few on eBay throughout my years of hunting, and always used.  I have one on my Bushy D and recently I managed to find another one in very good condition…

gMpODdd.jpg

can u ask ampro to ship the broken one to me? or i can ask my dad to pick it up from him. i believe he lives like 30 min away from my dad.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:40 AM, Frog Jumper said:

Terry

Hey Terry, what was the part? Sorry man, I have had lots of stuff in progress on the Tamiya front also. The KBF is getting a whole new front end and the Hornet...well....i redesigned the whole car. Remind me what you sent and Ill try and get it done. You sometimes have to remind me. email me at amproengineering@gmail.com

• Like 1

Hey Pinto!  It the piece in the photo above. The one I had sent you had broken in half (explosively).  I wasn’t able to find all the pieces…

On 9/9/2021 at 10:15 AM, Frog Jumper said:

Hey Pinto!  It the piece in the photo above. The one I had sent you had broken in half (explosively).  I wasn’t able to find all the pieces…

OH! I  think I can do this pretty easy. I am in the process of getting my cad tool situated so as soon as I do, i can whip this up. 

• Thanks 1