djmcnz

Georgia Coffee Can Tamiya Mini Buggies

There are a few old threads that reference these but they are full of broken links and images... I just rediscovered my set and have put them on display, anyone else?

PSA: there's a full set on eBay at the moment for small money - no association.

They were a 2005 promotion and included in cans of coffee distributed by a company called Georgia, 11 buggies in total.

Full_Set.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Very cool! Do they have rolling wheels and any moveable parts or are they just solid mouldings?

Nice collection . I've only got an unbuilt Grasshopper , and the lid from a Frog can . By the look of the GH kit it has push on wheels and I would say they would rotate somewhat

Yep, the wheels rotate but that's it. They have a separate chassis, body, separate rear wing (some), and four wheels that you pop on.

Total novelty but also quite cool. It would be great to have a 1:10 version of each as well.

I have the avante unbuilt. I bought an nib calsonic primera from someone in here over a decade ago and it was in the bottom of the box.

Also got a pullback mad bison or something like that in a similar scale, think I won it in a tombola at an iconic event. It is hot glued to the passenger seat of my trail rig 

Remember the theory surrounding these cars that they were clues to what Tamiya intended to re-release? Surprisingly, they all pretty much got produced (well, we got a Super Astute instead of a standard Astute).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Remember the theory surrounding these cars that they were clues to what Tamiya intended to re-release? Surprisingly, they all pretty much got produced (well, we got a Super Astute instead of a standard Astute).

I remember that well! So much discussion over them back in the day, trying to eke out clues to the re-re’s

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saito2 said:

Yes, I remember that theory/rumour and yeah, look what happened!  

• Like 2

I have my full set of 11 displayed as well.

I am only missing the rough rider to have a second unbuilt set.

A couple of years later UCC coffee in Japan did a 2 different runs of pullback cars (Grasshopper, Hornet, Frog and Hot Shot) in box art and an alternative livery. Suntory also did the Hornet, Grasshopper, Twin Detonator, Stadium Raider and Nitrage in box art and an alternative livery pullback cars on Boss canned coffee. I have the UCC and Suntory ones as well  except for the orange Stadium Raider.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bjr250 said:

I have my full set of 11 displayed as well.

I am only missing the rough rider to have a second unbuilt set.

A couple of years later UCC coffee in Japan did a 2 different runs of pullback cars (Grasshopper, Hornet, Frog and Hot Shot) in box art and an alternative livery. Suntory also did the Hornet, Grasshopper, Twin Detonator, Stadium Raider and Nitrage in box art and an alternative livery pullback cars on Boss canned coffee. I have the UCC and Suntory ones as well  except for the orange Stadium Raider.

Any pics of your collection ?

8 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

Any pics of your collection ?

Only one of the Georgia mini's from 2006 when they were on top of a CRT TV

202695473_DSC00042-Copy.thumb.JPG.673a9bfaf88a8520765b54f417b8498f.JPG

• Like 3

I searched for the listing the other day and couldn't find it. :(

Seeing when and what time the listing ended in my part of the world, I probably would've ended up winning and paying too much! :lol:

They are cool though, and would make a great addition to anyone's Tamiya collection.