Sign in to follow this  
Jorgen

DT-02 differential question?

I just finished my first DT-02 chassie  and im a bit confused about how the differential is supposed to work?

On my other buggy, Grasshopper rerelease if I spin one wheel,  the other wheel turns the opposite direction

Is it supposed to be like that on the DT-02 and if not what could I have done wrong?

Thanks 

It should do. On my dt02 sand rover i filled the diff up with quite a thick oil and the resistance in this is just enough to overcome resistance in the brushed motor and spin both the same way however if i hold both wheels and turn them in different directions its enough to get the diff to do what it should properly

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 3:03 PM, Jorgen said:

if I spin one wheel,  the other wheel turns the opposite direction

That's how it's supposed to be, if you build it vanilla (without doing anything special).

I try hard to make the diffs like what @Superluminal said.  That's called "Limited Slip Differential."  I like mine to turn the same way, but when I put it on the ground and pivot on the center axis, they turn the opposite way.  To achieve that, I use differential clay, a million weight silicone grease, etc.  But if you didn't use any of those special grease or clay in your diff?  It should turn just like the Grasshopper.  If it doesn't, you should pop the rear and check the diff.