toyolien

TD-4 Super Avante. New Off Road Buggy from Tamiya?

On 7/6/2021 at 8:46 AM, Wooders28 said:

It's not....

The brakes work, the heater heats, they've even got, wait for it, air conditioning!! (And not just pointing the ball duct at your face ,which was just air straight from behind the headlight...)

Anyway

The TD4 has caused a stir, and ,does finding it doesn't come with elecs, suggest its capable of modern power? 

Oh my first mini was my first car 1975 I changed the rear subframe because it was rotten the front ones never rot because the engines constantly leak oil on them thus preserving them from rotting my battery fell out of the underneath of the boot /trunk because the acid and rust destroyed the box it was sitting in any more than a 2min rain shower would render the electrics useless because the protection for said electrics consisted of a cardboard box! My heater never worked until the hottest day of the year then it would work it had a dodgy solenoid which only packed up when you were somewhere dangerous if you had to get out and fix it!, the brake cylinders used to leak all over the drum brake which rendered the brakes useless.......how I'm still here and fully functioning after having a mini as my first car is a total miracle?

• Haha 4

So i went against everything i said and preordered a super avante from tower with the super coupon it was $274 but with my points i got it down to $256. I figured kyosho hasn’t announced anything still and i can always cancel my order if i dont like anything new info when more comes out. 

• Like 3

I’ve not kept up with all 18 pages of this thread, so forgive me if the comparison has already been drawn, but this looks like a more like a striker than an avante to me

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

So i went against everything i said and preordered a super avante from tower with the super coupon it was $274 but with my points i got it down to $256. I figured kyosho hasn’t announced anything still and i can always cancel my order if i dont like anything new info when more comes out. 

Thanks for the head up. Placed my order as well. Added 2 parts for TA08 to order ($42), which let me use the $70 off coupon, + $10 points credit! So total with tax $299

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 6:04 PM, berman said:

I laughed when Tamiya bought out the Holiday Fugly 2010, people still bought it.. 🤷‍♂️

lol... I have to agree.  I don't know about other people, but my eyes are not beholding its beauty.  

Even in the 80s, I thought of Cruella De Vil's car. (Although, if I didn't get a Sand Rover, I might have gotten Holiday Buggy as a substitute. It's catering to nostalgic folks. I suppose it didn't matter how it looked, as long as it looked the same as before).  

UK3lUXf.jpg

j0PdsvZ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, moffman said:

Oh my first mini was my first car 1975 I changed the rear subframe because it was rotten the front ones never rot because the engines constantly leak oil on them thus preserving them from rotting my battery fell out of the underneath of the boot /trunk because the acid and rust destroyed the box it was sitting in any more than a 2min rain shower would render the electrics useless because the protection for said electrics consisted of a cardboard box! My heater never worked until the hottest day of the year then it would work it had a dodgy solenoid which only packed up when you were somewhere dangerous if you had to get out and fix it!, the brake cylinders used to leak all over the drum brake which rendered the brakes useless.......how I'm still here and fully functioning after having a mini as my first car is a total miracle?

I still think it makes people better drivers, having the real , I might not make or even survive the journey feeling, everytime you venture out. (I had the battery lead weld itself under the chassis, and the battery was glowing red, as I was trying to batter the terminal off with a rock, on a first date too...🤦‍♂️

It's some of these traits that make the Mini, one of the most loved and iconic cars out there, which brings us back around to tamiyas 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I still think it makes people better drivers, having the real , I might not make or even survive the journey feeling, everytime you venture out. (I had the battery lead weld itself under the chassis, and the battery was glowing red, as I was trying to batter the terminal off with a rock, on a first date too...🤦‍♂️

It's some of these traits that make the Mini, one of the most loved and iconic cars out there, which brings us back around to tamiyas 😁

You haven't lived if you've never had a car that's tried to kill you!, my first date with my now wife I had a rather dodgy but good looking vauxhall cavalier (Opel in Europe) and first date as I picked her up from her family house she was talking and looking about of the door window and a maggot was crawling up the inside of the window to this day I never knew where that came from........rather embarrassing!!! 

• Haha 5

I see there are already comments about pre-ordering. If you're ordering now from Tower, there's a $50 discount coupon you can apply. Right now, the price is $314.30. So, $314.30 - $50 + free shipping = $264.30 +  your tax rate.

• Like 3

Preordered today at Tower.  Added universals, slipper, and servo mounts.  Yes. I’m a sucker!  BUT, with Tower I don’t have to pay up front so I’ve got until October to see more and potentially back off!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 2:40 PM, tamiya3speed said:

Preordered today at Tower.  Added universals, slipper, and servo mounts.  Yes. I’m a sucker!  BUT, with Tower I don’t have to pay up front so I’ve got until October to see more and potentially back off!

Thanks just ordered those and the diff and nut set to put me over $100 to use the coupon. I also used my points from my super avante preorder came to $86

• Like 1

Pre ordered one from Tower with coupon.  Adding to my pile of unbuilt kits.  I plan to immediately build and run the badword out of this thing.  I'm actually glad to have a new kit with no nostalgia factor for me. I can run it and bash it and not care.  It'll get scraped up, beat up, and run hard and I'll giggle the whole way.  Parts should be available. 

Pre ordered one from Tower with coupon.  Adding to my pile of unbuilt kits.  I plan to immediately build and run the badword out of this thing.  I'm actually glad to have a new kit with no nostalgia factor for me. I can run it and bash it and not care.  It'll get scraped up, beat up, and run hard and I'll giggle the whole way.  Parts should be available. 

• Like 1

Tamico has them listed as "ordered from our supplier" and priced at EUR 252.09 :)

• Like 3

Really hope we see a manual for this soonish - would like to get a good understanding of the suspension mounts and gearboxes before ordering 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuggyGuy said:

Really hope we see a manual for this soonish - would like to get a good understanding of the suspension mounts and gearboxes before ordering 

I just wanna see if there's a proper way to remove the battery before I order one.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but do we know for sure we need a shorty servo?

2 hours ago, RichieRich said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but do we know for sure we need a shorty servo?

Doing a quick look through the promotional pictures, I can see it is fitted with the TSU-06 servo, which is a low profile servo. I'd assume you can only use a LP servo based on this, but It's not 100% certain without seeing the manual. 

• Like 1

Pre-order LHS price in Japan is 29,733 yen.  Battery placement remains as shown..

568-3L.jpg.  

Battery placement is really disappointing...🙄

*edit*: looking at that top left hand pic i can only see 2 body clips and no screws. I hope that is all that is removed to get the battery out. ...wishing.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:10 AM, slydar said:

Tamico has them listed as "ordered from our supplier" and priced at EUR 252.09 :)

Listed around 300 if you live in the EU!

2 hours ago, Mechanic AH said:

Any thoughts on what existing Tamiya dampers can replace those kit ones? Looks familiar.

I think the DF03 set would fit, and maybe the re-re hicaps?

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, toyolien said:

Battery placement is really disappointing...🙄

*edit*: looking at that top left hand pic i can only see 2 body clips and no screws. I hope that is all that is removed to get the battery out. ...wishing.

Looking at that pic in close up of FB you can see the two screws on the cradle when it’s pivoted up, so I’m gonna assume you still have to unscrew it each time

12 minutes ago, matisse said:

Looking at that pic in close up of FB you can see the two screws on the cradle when it’s pivoted up, so I’m gonna assume you still have to unscrew it each time

sigh... 🙄

• Like 1