Re-Bugged

Hawk looking for Lunch…

While I was out attempting some Round 12 Postal Racing on the beach, a Hawk come by looking for something to eat and took a keen interest in the Buggy Champ. Caught on camera by Mrs Re-Bugged. It was quite an extraordinary experience and one I’d say would never happen again. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

that hawk needs to order some ACME items to catch the champ...

• Haha 2

It was definitely interested in the BC for a while and got very close at times but eventually flew off, probably just trying to make sense of what it was seeing I think @markbt73

In the 90’s I would fly nitro airplanes as a (very lucky) kid. Hawks would come and fly really close by in an apparent act of territorial counter-aggression! They would “attack” then back away and come back for another pass sort of like they did to your buggy. Good memories.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

In the 90’s I would fly nitro airplanes as a (very lucky) kid. Hawks would come and fly really close by in an apparent act of territorial counter-aggression! They would “attack” then back away and come back for another pass sort of like they did to your buggy. Good memories.

dont try flying planes near airports these days. some airports have trained large eagles to take down drones lately. they give leg armour to the eagles to protect vs the blades. not sure how widespread the program is but they are out there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

While I was out attempting some Round 12 Postal Racing on the beach, a Hawk come by looking for something to eat and took a keen interest in the Buggy Champ. Caught on camera by Mrs Re-Bugged. It was quite an extraordinary experience and one I’d say would never happen again. 

Now that is quality 👍

Right up there with @Ferruz with the chipmunks and ducks 👏

• Thanks 1

Fantastic footage!

It got so close, really cool to capture it 'on film'. The buggy looks really cool too. 

• Thanks 1

You're lucky it wasn't a Falcon! :lol:

Great footage though, not many people could say they have experienced that before.

• Like 1