burakol

Fake/clone Tamiya Branded Kit?

3 hours ago, burakol said:

On USPS, mine says delivered to Rosemead, CA but I live in Virginia. If I track the status in Ebay, it still says in transit and the last known location is a transit sorting center in the US (this is probably the Rosemead location). 

If you look closely on the tracking detail I have from Ebay. The shipment shows as an epacket which is suggestive to me that this is a light item. 

Screenshot_20210715-095206_eBay.jpg

Yep and epacket can’t weigh more than 4.4lbs or be bigger than 24” long x 36” wide. I think the monster beetle box would exceed all of those measurements and weight. 

4 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Yep and epacket can’t weigh more than 4.4lbs or be bigger than 24” long x 36” wide. I think the monster beetle box would exceed all of those measurements and weight. 

I’m pretty sure a grasshoppers 2 also exceeds those parameters 

• Like 1

Both eBay and the tracking website show delivered. (No box here ) I’ve contacted the seller and started the refund process with eBay.

We will see how long this takes 

I've contacted the seller and to my surprise, he responded and said he will look into it. Regardless, I will also be filing a claim on ebay. 

Its a strange scam for sure. They are clearly sending something which theyve paid for, for there to be the valid tracking information. I cant quite work out what they get from unless they have a shill  at the addresses who signs for the item and you get refunded for the sale less the postage costs and as theyve only posted a small letter they keep the difference from the postage you paid for a kit. Unless they use the same tracking info for multiple sales.

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Its a strange scam for sure. They are clearly sending something which theyve paid for, for there to be the valid tracking information. I cant quite work out what they get from unless they have a shill  at the addresses who signs for the item and you get refunded for the sale less the postage costs and as theyve only posted a small letter they keep the difference from the postage you paid for a kit. Unless they use the same tracking info for multiple sales.

Mine was free shipping , so they aren’t even getting that . 
basically it’s a $40 interest free loan ( for a month until they have pay eBay back ) 

If they do 100 scams and only 1 doesn’t report in time that’s still a profit . It’s just a very high risk low reward scam 

1 hour ago, Dakratfink said:

( for a month until they have pay eBay back ) 

The account the money went to will be long gone by the time ebay try to recover it. Ebay will refund you but they will never get the money back from the seller. That's the risk ebay take by offering you a money back guarantee. 

16 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

That's the risk ebay take by offering you a money back guarantee.

And the reason ebay has fees...

17 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

The account the money went to will be long gone by the time ebay try to recover it. Ebay will refund you but they will never get the money back from the seller

This is almost certainly what's going on. They quickly sell a few, send out the bogus packages and while they are being delivered, the account is closed down. Then they do it all again with another ebay account and another bank account. 

The Grasshopper said it was delivered. I looked up the number and it was another state. I filed a item not received and got an email saying I was getting a refund like like 20mins. It's a scam but at least I didn't lose anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glowingtomato said:

The Grasshopper said it was delivered. I looked up the number and it was another state. I filed a item not received and got an email saying I was getting a refund like like 20mins. It's a scam but at least I didn't lose anything. 

It might not exactly be a scam for the sender, they could probably use the shipping item as a means to transport some items that they might not want to be traced. I can think of a few items they might want to falsely camouflage a package as some legit item.

32 minutes ago, nel33 said:

It might not exactly be a scam for the sender, they could probably use the shipping item as a means to transport some items that they might not want to be traced. I can think of a few items they might want to falsely camouflage a package as some legit item.

Yeah this seems like the most reasonable. 

9 minutes ago, Glowingtomato said:

Yeah this seems like the most reasonable. 

as long as they dont put your address on the package should that be the case and they get caught. guessing that it got "delivered" then your address likely wasnt on the package. 

spoofing a package could be the most likely the main reason to ship something that they shouldnt. if the fooled buyer does/doesn't ask for a refund then it might be just a bit of icing on it. though a price on an RC like that is very suspicious to suspect in the first place though in the realm of possibility if they just want to sell it off to clear space.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, rwordenjr said:

ePacket is the company whos delivering the item to the main country of destination.

not that what you think tho

On 7/18/2021 at 1:08 AM, Dakratfink said:

Mine was free shipping , so they aren’t even getting that . 
basically it’s a $40 interest free loan ( for a month until they have pay eBay back ) 

If they do 100 scams and only 1 doesn’t report in time that’s still a profit . It’s just a very high risk low reward scam 

No risk at all there. Paypal gets left in a negative balance and that is it.

it is a 100% profit, only minus is paypal fees that apply while the buyers pays the item and withdrawal fees.

The nerve of this scammers… so after I messaged the seller for an update, he said that the post office lost my package and he/she is willing to send me a new one… i asked for a photo proof of what he will be sending… 

anyhow, i tried to file a claim on ebay as item not received but ebay wont let me start the claim prior to the estimated delivery date of August 2, after which, i can be entitled to dispute the transaction. 

I bet the seller used the same tracking number, or fictional tracking numbers, for multiple sales.  I suggest getting a refund before the term expires.

54 minutes ago, burakol said:

The nerve of this scammers… so after I messaged the seller for an update, he said that the post office lost my package and he/she is willing to send me a new one… i asked for a photo proof of what he will be sending… 

anyhow, i tried to file a claim on ebay as item not received but ebay wont let me start the claim prior to the estimated delivery date of August 2, after which, i can be entitled to dispute the transaction. 

You will be safe, open a claim as soon as possible and you will have your money in next 5 days from opening the claim.

Yeah, I have it set on my calendar... on exactly August 2, I will be opening a claim... 

Not long ago there were a lot of cases in the news of people in Aus receiving random/unsolicited small packages from China containing seeds.

The reports have gone quiet & slipped my mind until now.

Maybe these packages are related to what has been discussed here?

For the cost of a few Fen to send a 'legitimate' package to attain a tracking number, someone can be scamming a considerable amount of $/£.

• Like 1

Oooh this is exciting 

is Rosemead, CA the eBay global shipping programme centre or something like that?

Seems weird but fun 

my mate sent me a package from hkg via China post with a Tamiya violet racer in. Tracking was awful and said in transit until 2 months later he raised a complaint and it turned up 2 days later 🤯

almost like someone was keeping it to see if I remembered about it 

JJ

19 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Not long ago there were a lot of cases in the news of people in Aus receiving random/unsolicited small packages from China containing seeds.

The reports have gone quiet & slipped my mind until now.

Maybe these packages are related to what has been discussed here?

For the cost of a few Fen to send a 'legitimate' package to attain a tracking number, someone can be scamming a considerable amount of $/£.

We also had a very similar incident here in the US. 

According my to eBay, my 3 days req for the seller to respond is up and I can begin processing the refund tomorrow 22nd July 

On 7/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, Problemchild said:

Oooh this is exciting 

is Rosemead, CA the eBay global shipping programme centre or something like that?

Seems weird but fun 

my mate sent me a package from hkg via China post with a Tamiya violet racer in. Tracking was awful and said in transit until 2 months later he raised a complaint and it turned up 2 days later 🤯

almost like someone was keeping it to see if I remembered about it 

JJ

I live near Rosemead, and travel through it on my daily commute.  There is no major USPS hub to the best of my knowledge.  Packages do get routed through smaller USPS hubs occasionally to make it aboard the right road going truck destined for other local USPS locations.  For a shipment to the eastern states, I would expect that it would have left direct from LAX by truck or arrived in New York by plane where the major shipping hubs are located.