burakol

Fake/clone Tamiya Branded Kit?

So seller said he is sending me a "new" kit in the mail and should arrive within 7 days. Lo and behold, a new tracking number was provided...

I'm not taking the sellers word for it... whenever my window to file a claim opens up, I would definitely ask for a refund... I don't understand the intent of this fraudulent seller. I mean why would he still keep the comm line open if he's trying to get away with my money??? His ebay account is still active for him to send me messages through ebay. 

He will claim he did everything he could but it was the postal service that failed you 

you can contact the shipping agent yourself 

he may be selling the same thing 10 times and using the 1 tracking info 

JJ

If there is a tracking number he must be able to prove the 'shipped to' address and it should be your address . These packages seem to be going everywhere except to the right recipients .

A Nigerian Prince emailed me recently, I gave him my bank details... :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

Been checking this thread out of curiosity because I saw those cheap kits on fleabay some time ago. Anyone on the FB groups remember seeing someone who posted he got his grasshopper or memorial from a seller like this? He seemed adamant that it wasn't a scam but I never went back to check his post if he every built or received it. Almost sounded like he was endorsing. Anyway, felt it was too good to be true.

it does seem that nobody here has received a 'bargain' kit yet - or even got the sniff of one - just a load of run around

years ago I bought an old US Bicennential Passport, shipped from the US to Australia, via the global shipping program. It got delivered to the wrong address, not even in the same state. Australia Post where aware of it, but didn't do anything and all Ebay cared about was that it was listed as 'delivered', so job done was their thinking and so I lost my money and no item. So I am wondering if the scam is along those lines, trying to see if eBay won't check any deeper than 'delivered' and not refund anything.

16 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

years ago I bought an old US Bicennential Passport, shipped from the US to Australia, via the global shipping program. It got delivered to the wrong address, not even in the same state. Australia Post where aware of it, but didn't do anything and all Ebay cared about was that it was listed as 'delivered', so job done was their thinking and so I lost my money and no item. So I am wondering if the scam is along those lines, trying to see if eBay won't check any deeper than 'delivered' and not refund anything.

Ebay refunded mine within 3 days and $ is back in my account.

Just now, rwordenjr said:

good to hear! I am wondering how they are making money from this scam then, or is eBay losing out?

2 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

good to hear! I am wondering how they are making money from this scam then, or is eBay losing out?

eBay is losing out but the seller should be banned from creating new account so it’s a 1 time scam I think 

9 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

eBay is losing out but the seller should be banned from creating new account so it’s a 1 time scam I think

Unless they sell multiple scam items in the time it takes to get them banned... Plus they can just use a vpn to create another account and repeat. 

9 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

I'm still waiting for the eta delivery window to pass so I can file a claim. How did you get your refund so quickly? 

39 minutes ago, burakol said:

I'm still waiting for the eta delivery window to pass so I can file a claim. How did you get your refund so quickly? 

I started a return. Then about 15 min later, it was approved by eBay and they sent the refund. Go to the order then more actions, then return item. 

On 7/25/2021 at 10:49 PM, Dakratfink said:

Update: I was refunded yesterday morning as well 

Same here. This was indeed, too good to be true. Just happy this is over. 

On 7/25/2021 at 4:10 AM, Mechanic AH said:

Been checking this thread out of curiosity because I saw those cheap kits on fleabay some time ago. Anyone on the FB groups remember seeing someone who posted he got his grasshopper or memorial from a seller like this? He seemed adamant that it wasn't a scam but I never went back to check his post if he every built or received it. Almost sounded like he was endorsing. Anyway, felt it was too good to be true.

Yeah his evidence was an already built model if he's the guy I'm thinking of. I didn't believe him for a second. Pressed him about it but he went silent🤣

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Yeah his evidence was an already built model if he's the guy I'm thinking of. I didn't believe him for a second. Pressed him about it but he went silent🤣

Just saying - he could have been part of it , I don't know him so I'm not saying ;)