Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

3 minutes ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

...which is £130 more than it should be!

One less person in the queue 🤣😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

Only £100 more.....lol

8_team-corally-radix-xp-6s-model-2021-1-8-buggy-ep-rtr.jpg

To be fair, that is every bit as ugly as the Super Avante.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

To be fair, that is every bit as ugly as the Super Avante.

It is much better in real life....but it is the spec of this car that is very good. 1/8th scale...6 cells.....handling is amazing.....very competent machine. And as I say....only £100 more! 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

2 hours ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

These things handle like a God......not sure you know what you are talking about......lol

I know if I wanted the best 8th scale electric buggy I'd probably be picking up the Xray XB8-E. Just like I know that the TD4 isn't going to be setting the same laptime as my XB4 2020 :D

It's a Tamiya fan forum - what do you expect here, I think we all know they are not the cheapest! :P

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BuggyGuy said:

I know if I wanted the best 8th scale electric buggy I'd probably be picking up the Xray XB8-E. Just like I know that the TD4 isn't going to be setting the same laptime as my XB4 2020 :D

It's a Tamiya fan forum - what do you expect here, I think we all know they are not the cheapest! :P

lol

17 hours ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

It is much better in real life....but it is the spec of this car that is very good. 1/8th scale...6 cells.....handling is amazing.....very competent machine. And as I say....only £100 more! 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

aye, and you cant really compare a 1/10 to a 1/8, very different machines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matisse said:

aye, and you cant really compare a 1/10 to a 1/8, very different machines. 

If you go back to my original comment.....I was commenting on the price!!!!

Meaning for ONLY £100 more....you can have a "very different machine" 

7 minutes ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

If you go back to my original comment.....I was commenting on the price!!!!

Meaning for ONLY £100 more....you can have a "very different machine" 

you're not wrong there, i could have a boat or a plane, or a rotary saw......

• Haha 3

At the same price point, a couple of options are the

Schumacher Cougar LD2

and 

Team Associated RC10 B6.3D Team Kit

How does the Super Avante stack up against those? Genuine question, one I'm not qualified to answer.

Also, for me £100 more is a significant difference. I don't think I've paid that much for a kit yet (though maybe my SCX10iii comes close with all the electrics).

1 minute ago, Badcrumble said:

Schumacher Cougar LD2

and 

How does the Super Avante stack up against those? Genuine question, one I'm not qualified to answer.

Also, for me £100 more is a significant difference. I don't think I've paid that much for a kit yet (though maybe my SCX10iii comes close with all the electrics).

Yes there are lots of options.

My point was really that for 25% more you are into the realms of far superior kit.

There are a lot of options, for the same price I can buy a kyosho optima that I like more then the TD-4, or a corally sbx-410 buggy that cost £250 https://www.modellbau-berlinski.de/rc-fahrzeuge-und-zubehoer/autos-und-zubehoer/elektro-offroad/sbx-410-4wd-racing-buggy-1_10-competition-bausatz

There are a lot of other cars for the price you can buy that are much nicer and valua for the money.

I  it is to see that they make a new buggy instead of another tt-02b, but sometimes I do not get it why make things so complicated with the battery change, if it was a little cheaper and not had the stupid battery thing then I had bought one, but now I pass.

If don't care of people buy one, if they are happy with it thats  fine with me we are all different people with a different taste and buy what you want to buy and if it is worth to you do it, for me it is not.

And it is not that I do not like the tamiya brand I still do but is not the only brand that I own and buy.

4 hours ago, FC5687 said:

Whether his new car designed for dirt or carpet?

Well if the chassis has the same material as the DB01R, then dirt...  the chassis must be really rigid to race on turf/carpet, it was a nightmare to run a DB01R on high grip!

21 minutes ago, tillmon said:

Well if the chassis has the same material as the DB01R, then dirt...  the chassis must be really rigid to race on turf/carpet, it was a nightmare to run a DB01R on high grip!

The only Tamiya car I have ran on high grip was Top Force Evo. Other than that I have no experience at all. 

I guess most Tamiya model are designed for dirt I guess.

48 minutes ago, FC5687 said:

The only Tamiya car I have ran on high grip was Top Force Evo. Other than that I have no experience at all. 

I guess most Tamiya model are designed for dirt I guess.

How'd it do on the grip ?

28 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

How'd it do on the grip ?

It actually doing quite well and it is very enjoyable to drive the TF Evo on smooth tracks. Running on dirt is not quite good but acceptable compare to the Boomerang.

9 minutes ago, FC5687 said:

It actually doing quite well and it is very enjoyable to drive the TF Evo on smooth tracks. Running on dirt is not quite good but acceptable compare to the Boomerang.

Sweet, what motor/esc you using?

On 6/28/2021 at 8:37 PM, HornetRacer 1971 said:

Only £100 more.....lol

8_team-corally-radix-xp-6s-model-2021-1-8-buggy-ep-rtr.jpg

As you say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But so is perception of value in the cars we choose to buy.

I wouldn't want one of these even if they were free. Partly because I find it ugly, and partly because it isn't a kit. That means it's kind of a toy by definition as its only purpose is entertainment; there's nothing to do except play with it once you open the box.

At least Tamiya kits start life as models before becoming toys. Plus each kit requires something from the builder. No two will be completely identical because of differences in taste and building skill.

I'm not saying you're wrong to prefer the Radix, of course you're not, it's just your opinion. But others are likely to have wildy different perceptions of value to you.

I do want a Super Avante, so the price doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

• Like 2

Sorry to be off-topic and not to belittle the buggy itself (it might be great), but doesn't Radix sound like a Dragonball Z character? Then again I always thought the Tamiya Vajra sounded like something else too...:unsure:. I do like the name Avante even if this new one has questionable styling.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Schumacher Cougar LD2

and 

Both 2wd buggies, so there is that difference

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fuijo said:

As you say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But so is perception of value in the cars we choose to buy.

I wouldn't want one of these even if they were free. Partly because I find it ugly, and partly because it isn't a kit. That means it's kind of a toy by definition as its only purpose is entertainment; there's nothing to do except play with it once you open the box.

At least Tamiya kits start life as models before becoming toys. Plus each kit requires something from the builder. No two will be completely identical because of differences in taste and building skill.

I'm not saying you're wrong to prefer the Radix, of course you're not, it's just your opinion. But others are likely to have wildy different perceptions of value to you.

I do want a Super Avante, so the price doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I would prefer the Radix to be a kit.....because I am a modeller at heart.

But it isn't - it is however a very high spec and very fast machine, with superior components and excellent build quality.

I would also argue it is not a toy because it can be stripped down to its' component parts and those parts may be replaced. A toy cannot be stripped down or has parts available.

Some good points in your comment though.

Any chance this thread can be kept to the OP's purpose, i.e. information and pictures on the TD4.

• Like 1