Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

37 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Shelf worthy? This thing needs to be thrashed.... 👌

To be honest I think that front end looks incredibly flimsy and definitely not thrashproof.

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I'll give it a go @Howards

Cockpit close-up. You can't really see it in my blurred image but the text above the bisected rectangle nearest the driver reads 'Avante'.

TD4-3.jpg

I like the cockpit arrow markers like on a fighter jet!

Good spot there! And the instruments certainly echo the original, too.

Haven’t heard anyone mention the helmet, but for me Perry needs visor. The addition of the visor heralded more of a hi tech age of racing cars, and the original Avante tapped into that. This version of Perry has more of a seventies vibe, plus he very much appears asleep at the wheel.

So, my first upgrade will be a proper head from an original Avante.

• Like 1

This is a interesting car. Like someone said it may be flimsy. I'll get one and give it a shot. The look though looks old compared to all the other brands on the market and their bodies. You would think it would look more modern.

Cory

The more i look at the chassis, the more convinced i am that the driver support is actually an tray to hold the esc......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matisse said:

The more i look at the chassis, the more convinced i am that the driver support is actually an tray to hold the esc......

Yes - this is shown in the video:

avanteza.jpg

1 minute ago, BuggyGuy said:

Yes - this is shown in the video:

avanteza.jpg

:) tbf is was very long and I did skip a lot of it…..

• Haha 1

Pics of the first parts are out, nothing too out of the ordinary but from the look of the Diff nut part i'm gonna assume the stock diff has a plastic nut

1 hour ago, matisse said:

Pics of the first parts are out, nothing too out of the ordinary but from the look of the Diff nut part i'm gonna assume the stock diff has a plastic nut

You have a link of the pics? Curious to see what I preordered, esp the servo mounts

7 hours ago, matisse said:

Pics of the first parts are out, nothing too out of the ordinary but from the look of the Diff nut part i'm gonna assume the stock diff has a plastic 

I assumed this was just a replacement rather than a hop up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, toyolien said:

I assumed this was just a replacement rather than a hop up.

I guess we’ll know once the manual is available.

3 hours ago, matisse said:

I guess we’ll know once the manual is available.

Can't wait for the manual. Hoping it's going to show the proper way of removing the battery....

• Like 1

It's the box I'm looking forward to? I'm hopeful it's a white retro one? Most likely it won't be but I can live in hope🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That box art is reeling me in, goddamit.

🤣😂 Give in to the dark side.

Those fluorescent yellow rims need to go. They have been using these rims on a lot of kits, red ones on top force.  Shame they don’t offer the egress rims in multiple colours 

• Like 2

Oh that boxart is got me in a bit of a dilemma? I was hoping that it would come in one of those small boxes with the photo of the buggy on it posing on a pile of stone so I could then have the excuse to just buy the blockhead motors wild one!.......in other words the decision was made for me happy day👍 but now it looks like I'm going to have to start thinking again😲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raman36 said:

Those fluorescent yellow rims need to go. They have been using these rims on a lot of kits, red ones on top force.  Shame they don’t offer the egress rims in multiple colours 

I think the DF03 wheels are a direct substitute in terms of size & offset (assuming TD4 kit wheels are the same as wheels supplied on the TT02B). So black, orange, pink and white should be achievable I think.

• Like 1

19335061 are the VQS rims which are the white version of egress 😉

12 hours ago, Raman36 said:

I'm a wavering, I cannot deny it. :P ...but I will hold out for now.

I'm thinking this thing will look good in black, with matching wheels. Those fenders would be getting the boot too.

16 hours ago, Raman36 said:

There are egress style wheels in multiple colours. I have a few sets- can’t recall where from but from uk supplier, they seem good quality.

I like the star dish, but egress style are favourites!