Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

8 hours ago, Wandy said:

I'm a wavering, I cannot deny it. :P ...but I will hold out for now.

I'm thinking this thing will look good in black, with matching wheels. Those fenders would be getting the boot too.

Nooo those fenders gotta stay.. I’m going to paint mine chrome lol.. 

4 hours ago, matisse said:

No fenders. No driver, new wing, new wheels, that’s the plan.

Same here - I've got a couple of set of tamiya shocks in stock and a wide variety of titanium screws to add as well.

I'm more excited for this release than any other that I can remember in a good long while - would love to have something good enough for a track (I've had great disappointment with many of the more recent buggies!)

DN01 is the best right now (though stock has dried up) - TRF501/511 parts are very rare these days so there's not a lot of choice for racing on astro.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, toyolien said:

20210902_005138.jpg

That looks sweet!! Definitely will not be doing box art. Looks to the low wing? 

On 9/2/2021 at 5:56 PM, toyolien said:

20210902_005138.jpg

Is that the product of a super avante mating with a zahhak?  Those aren't the stock tires, right?

5 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Is that the product of a super avante mating with a zahhak?  Those aren't the stock tires, right?

Non-stock tires on Tamiya non-kit wheels.

It might be this guy's car, before he replaced the kit dampers with TRF units, as @matisse pointed out:

Screenshot 2021-08-28 at 10.51.16 PM.png

7 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Nope, stock appear to the the block pin style tyre of the TT02B etc. (53804)

those look to be the high density K tyres (54185)

1 hour ago, BelknapCrater said:

Non-stock tires on Tamiya non-kit wheels.

It might be this guy's car, before he replaced the kit dampers with TRF units, as @matisse pointed out:

Screenshot 2021-08-28 at 10.51.16 PM.png

The “He” is probably Satoshi Maezumi, the MS in the MS line of kits, TRF driver and also known as Paisen RC. Although that’s not him holding it in the pic.

it May or may not presage a TD-4 MS version, and could just be his car for promo purposes etc 

8 hours ago, matisse said:

The “He” is probably Satoshi Maezumi, the MS in the MS line of kits, TRF driver and also known as Paisen RC. Although that’s not him holding it in the pic.

it May or may not presage a TD-4 MS version, and could just be his car for promo purposes etc 

I only figured out the "MS" designation a few weeks ago. I am interested in where Tamiya is going with this chassis. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed extra parts on the sprues and attachment points on the tubs:

The first image is a body post, and it seems to mate with a point just behind the tub brace/ESC tray. The third image is a post/pivot of some type, and it seems to match the mount point just ahead of the shock brace mount. When the additional transverse battery box is taken into account, one wonders what body is going to be mounted in the future. Where ya goin' with this, Tamiya?

screenshot 2021-09-04 at 10.29.44 pm.png

supav2.png

screenshot 2021-09-04 at 10.37.22 pm.png

supav.png

• Like 1

Yeah,  it’s obvious that they are thinking ahead to different models/bodies, which is nice.

real good look at where the mounts go on the official pic of the slipper clutch. It’s 0.4mod yeah?

B5C37ACA-9C07-4BC8-81CA-D7D017A4265E.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s Tamiya metric 48. Tony in competitionX video installed standard 48p. 

Does the XV01 use the TRF201 slipper? 

46 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

On the TRF201 the adjustment nut and spring is on the spur gear side (like the TD4) - on the XV01 the adjustment is from the other side (rather unusualy!).

So the plates might be the same - but the layshaft is at least different from XV01

29 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Wait, so metric 48p is just 0.6mod right? 

58 minutes ago, matisse said:

Wait, so metric 48p is just 0.6mod right? 

Nope.. it will mesh badly and chew up the gears. It’s closer to 0.5mod but even that will be a right job.

7 minutes ago, qatmix said:

Nope.. it will mesh badly and chew up the gears. It’s closer to 0.5mod but even that will be a right job.

God gear pitches are annoying. I always thought 48dp was close to 0.5m and “metric 48” was 0.6m

i give up

The only two that are close are 0.4mod and 64dp, and 0.8mod abs 32dp.. anything between is just a no no :)

Pitch conversion formula.

D = Diametrical pitch (ie 32, 48 or 64 pitch)

M = Module (ie 0.8, 0.6, 0.4)

M = 25.4/D or D = 25.4/M

• Thanks 1