Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

Can you find  the container has Tamiya parts? 

C01CAC86-2FF8-441D-81DD-3F26779A8FBD.jpeg

Have no fear though… this clown is on the job. He is going to save Christmas 

9BCA9259-0DBE-4B60-BC3F-7CAEA3060F11.png

Seems like the review is quite positive.  Lots of good things to say about how it drives and the build.

The only big problem he had with it is the steering not having enough range of motion.  What is it with Tamiya and steering problems?

22 minutes ago, Blista said:

Seems like the review is quite positive.  Lots of good things to say about how it drives and the build.

The only big problem he had with it is the steering not having enough range of motion.  What is it with Tamiya and steering problems?

To be fair, it was mentioned (in the RCDriver video) that removing end-stop screws enabled more steering.  

Little pink foam inserts are provided for the drive cups to keep dogbones centered.  The initial build video discussed removing them as it caused some binding during suspension movement but I wonder if there's a balance somewhere in-between (such as slicing the foam insert in half to make thinner) and also allow desired steering travel and keep things snug.

It does handle very well, I'm impressed with that.

At first, with the low range of motion, I assumed he'd built the steering incorrectly (and he had, but that made little difference) and it was obviously poor in his first runs. Removing the stop screws seems to have worked but it makes me wonder what they're there for in the first place and will removing them have an unintended consequence?

• Like 1

Not sure why they would limit steering like that either..  I wonder if too much steering leads to traction rollovers..  evidenced by the scratches on the driver canopy of the Tamiya hopped up car during the YouTube live session..  Either way, I'm eager to try it out and see what's what.

• Like 1

One of the nice things about those little pink foam inserts is that after a while, they take on the shape to which they have been compressed. Thus, while they might lead to binding for the first few runs, given a little bit of time, they do an excellent job of keeping things aligned without adding undue friction.

1 hour ago, Killajb said:

...I wonder if too much steering leads to traction rollovers...

Or dogbone ejection? If so, that's a big problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killajb said:

Not sure why they would limit steering like that either.. 

It would pop dogbones out with larger angle. I had this issue with a TB-03 back in the day. XV01 and DB01 had same limiter screw in variants with front dogbones.

• Like 1

Even it the kit is not «High end» i think this was quite nice price. Tamico Euro without vat:spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Big Jon said:

Tamiya USA is showing 47481 "RC Super Avante Pre-Painted" with no pictures.

Tbh that's the last thing anyone would want, surely people want to make their own version? Not a fan (due to the price) love the design etc, apart from the front fenders) . But a egress paint job of something is miles better than boxart on this one imo. 👍

James.

4 hours ago, Big Jon said:

Tamiya USA is showing 47481 "RC Super Avante Pre-Painted" with no pictures.

Maybe that's punishment for all the vitriol the box art colors received. They'll sell a few hundred with clear shells, discontinue it, then it'll all be pre-painted or nothing.

• Haha 2

According to modelsport the super avante was the 21 October release but now it says 22 November so it going to arrive after the blockhead wild one so we still have to put up with more endless videos of it running on some random track and more videos of random people showing the finished buggy its getting a bit boring now! And we are going to get it all over again with the new astute!........ tamiya why don't you just release them?

3 minutes ago, moffman said:

According to modelsport the super avante was the 21 October release but now it says 22 November so it going to arrive after the blockhead wild one so we still have to put up with more endless videos of it running on some random track and more videos of random people showing the finished buggy its getting a bit boring now! And we are going to get it all over again with the new astute!........ tamiya why don't you just release them?

Tbf I bet the blockhead gets delayed too, seeing as it’s almost certainly a shipping/haulage issue. 

Apparently getting chips for ESCs is so bad atm that Tamiya is having to spec Carson escs rather than their new TBLE or whatever it is. 

(obvs the SA doesn’t have an ESC but gives you an idea of the  crap they are dealing with)

I wonder, do Tamiya ever do official 2nd or 3rd alt. colour schemes? Like 'back of the box art? That way you could keep it official, but have more options. 

It seems there are in many people's eyes nicer ways to paint it, but many people will want to do box art just because.

Old toy grade rc would usually have the 27 and 49 mhz versions in two colours for racing each other.

It would have to work with the wheels and stickers, but it could be done.

@Nikko85 Not that I have seen recently, but tamiya used to do so-called dress up decals for the junior models. I upscaled the grasshopper2 jnr dress up decals to 1/10th with MCI to get some more options. Wish they did more of this kind of thing. 

Am I not right in thinking that although the picture on the scorcher box shows french blue & white there are no specific colours in the instructions? In the promo video I seem to remember another colour way. Memory fails as to actual colour. I think the same with the Ranger? 
Obviously there are some scale bodies that have been done I multiple colour/sticker schemes.

Ugh....Tower just pushed their ship date to Dec.  It's barely November. Not looking good for xmas to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A-Baum said:

Ugh....Tower just pushed their ship date to Dec.  It's barely November. Not looking good for xmas to be honest.

probably come the day after xmas :lol: