Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

1 hour ago, BelknapCrater said:

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 9.21.37 PM.png

Those front fenders/pi##flaps need to go imo. And add a wider front bumper (those front lower arms have zero protection from anything), colours look good though, hopefully it's black wheels? 👍

James.

1 hour ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Those front fenders/pi##flaps need to go imo. And add a wider front bumper (those front lower arms have zero protection from anything), colours look good though, hopefully it's black wheels? 👍

James.

They look white from the back!

Tamiyablog

Or you could swap the body out for the Super Storm Dragon or whatever it was called?

I think I’ll just go for an alternate scheme.

Does anyone know if these fenders are good for nothing?, sure looks like they are there just for the look, and if so its like a breast implant that went terrible wrong.

I would like to see it without them

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/12/2021 at 12:40 AM, tamiya3speed said:

What’s everybody think of the fact that they only use 2 screws to retain the rear tower?

Uhhhh should be OK - the tower itself isn't tall, and it looks like it slides over bosses. The nice thing is the wing mount isn't attached to it, which means in a big off the wing won't lever the suspension mount off (or in to pieces).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BelknapCrater said:

Sick! Need some red wheel nuts. On the body, did you install that polycarbonate piece that's right behind cockpit?

9 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Sick! Need some red wheel nuts. On the body, did you install that polycarbonate piece that's right behind cockpit?

Apologies, should clarify: Not my car, not my video. 

5 minutes ago, BelknapCrater said:

Apologies, should clarify: Not my car, not my video. 

oh okay no worries. looks sweet though!

9 hours ago, BelknapCrater said:

Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 3.01.42 PM.png

First, its amazing to see the inside of a well-stocked hobby shop again in that video. Second, I have to admit, paint does some incredible things sometimes. This red/black example looks really nice.

• Like 2

In stock NOW at Hub Hobby in MN, USA.  Currently they have 3 of the 4 they had gotten in.  MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is different this time as only 20% off Tamiya's listed price, though.

https://www.hubhobby.com/tamiya-58696-110-super-avante-off-road-buggy-td4-c.html

Just sharing the info if someone really wants one now....I can vouch for my local hobby shop as they are top notch.

• Like 1

Hop-ups (cvds, servo mounts, diff screw) appear to be in stock at TamiyaUSA.  I’ve still got my back orders at Tower or I would be piecing an order together.

Congratulations where are you based. Not in the UK I bet!!

Sorry double post

Edited by Busdriver

Hi,

Any idea if Brushless motor will fit ? Seems like no provision of space for the 3 motor tabs. Or maybe only Tamiya BL motor will fit ? Thanks.

4 hours ago, joeling said:

Hi,

Any idea if Brushless motor will fit ? Seems like no provision of space for the 3 motor tabs. Or maybe only Tamiya BL motor will fit ? Thanks.

Yup, you have to position the tabs in a certain way to get clearance, the CompetionX build video shows this quite well. 

• Like 1