Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

I got an email from tower hobbies asking to review my super avante purchase. 😂 They haven't even shipped it yet. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

On 11/23/2021 at 1:28 AM, rwordenjr said:

Tower hobbies has changed td4 arrival back to November so any day now for USA buyers .

Aaaand it’s on backorder! Guess I missed out this time. Mainly bummed I didn’t get to take advantage of the coupon. Been wanting to scratch a rear motor 2WD itch anyways. Just gotta find an assembly kit.

A package arrived at mine today. 

It was about the right size. And about the right weight.

I hadn't ordered anything else. 

hungrily, I broke in to the package. 

It revealed a big white box. 

Excited, I removed more packaging. 

The white box was upside down. Strange, I thought, that there was no writing on it. 

I flipped it over. It's finally here I thought...

..******. It's just a hamper work have sent me. Dammit work, dammit! 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Not really sure what is going on at Tower.  Kit now showing backorder but also showing November delivery too.  I guess it all means it will be here before end of year.  Just when, who knows!

I've got my Avante on order from Horizon.  Order placed when status was still "pre-order", has since changed to backordered.  Guessing they're sitting on one of those ships off the coast of CA.

This is my entry back in to RC, last one that I built was an HPI RS4 about 20 years ago, before that a Kyosho Outlaw Raider.

I've got a Super Stock BZ, HW 1060 ESC, and a few hop up parts waiting- universal shafts, slipper, and aluminum servo mounts.  All but the slipper clutch have arrived, no explanation from Tamiya where that is.

Fusion showing it as in stock. I have a pre order that is shown as in progress?

49 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Ordered mine from tower. Will he delivered Monday, coming from the Champaign Illinois warehouse

Did you pre-order?

Tower shipped mine out on Friday.  FedEx has it about 10 miles from my house.  First said they would deliver it yesterday, then today, just checked the website and it is now saying Tuesday!  Will see if it shows up then I guess.  Still waiting on Hop-ups so no rush on my end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tamiya3speed said:

Tower shipped mine out on Friday.  FedEx has it about 10 miles from my house.  First said they would deliver it yesterday, then today, just checked the website and it is now saying Tuesday!  Will see if it shows up then I guess.  Still waiting on Hop-ups so no rush on my end.

Nice, mine should ship tomorrow. I just ordered a second one too for why I do not know 

Horizon shows in stock now, but my order details still show backordered

edit:  spoke with Horizon, mine should ship this week.  Warehouse has received but hasn't been processed due to holiday

Edited by Darby Bash
new info
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darby Bash said:

Horizon shows in stock now, but my order details still show backordered

edit:  spoke with Horizon, mine should ship this week.  Warehouse has received but hasn't been processed due to holiday

Thanks for the tip, went and ordered mine immediately. Paid for two day shipping, which I hate to do, then realized I assumed it would get processed tomorrow morning. At least it's paid for.

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

I just ordered a second one too for why I do not know 

Because you deserve it, that's why. Besides, supply chain being what it is, and our new overlord Omicron looming on the horizon you're going to need it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BelknapCrater said:

Because you deserve it, that's why. Besides, supply chain being what it is, and our new overlord Omicron looming on the horizon you're going to need it.

Lol probably will sell the 2nd one if they become scarce. Excited to get the body custom painted though… not cheap!

20 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Fusion showing it as in stock. I have a pre order that is shown as in progress?

Hopefully you'll have a dispatch email now :D

25 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Hopefully you'll have a dispatch email now :D

I’ve just got mine! Arrives tomorrow! Yay!

• Like 3