Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

On 4/8/2022 at 12:30 PM, Leckster said:

spacer.pngNew body for the TD4 super Avante from Team Azarashi… 

Are these available? Where would you get one? Look like it will fit the TD2 as well!

Has anyone tried the TD2 body on the TD4? I assume it fits without issues?

Yes it fits

IMG-1681.jpg

IMG-1680(1).jpg

Some modification to this part will be needed to look more natural.

With the TD2 body, there will be enough clearance to mount the pack in transverse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nobody:

Absolutely nobody:

Me: Duurrrr, I wonder what my TD4 would look like with upright shawks...

IMG-5160.jpg

IMG-5161.jpg

IMG-5162.jpg

IMG-5163.jpg

IMG-5164.jpg

IMG-5165.jpg

It's basically functional, but not essential. I was just bored on a rainy Monday morning. Somebody might someday produce a Shapeways thing, or Tamiya might make a variant with one (monster truck? stadium truck?).

Anyways, I'm obviously a genius. With a J.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Noticed on @Mokei Kagaku Facebook page that there is a 22059 Metal Bevel setup coming out.  Wonder if that will solve the stripping issues observed with higher power?

This looks to be a re-issue of the DB02 set that is being used by those who could find them. It does exactly that, makes the whole assembly much stronger and more reliable it seems

• Like 5

I see on RCMart that Xtra Speed are now doing cheap aluminium steering parts for the TD2/TD4.

They also offer a carbon rear tower, I'm not sure it will work very well with only 2 bolts to attach it and it can't wrap around the rear gearbox top like the moulded kit item for extra support. Might be useful as a brace when used in conjunction with the stock part though I suppose.

Anyway it's good news that more hopups are appearing. Yeah Racing and others must be working on a few bits I would have thought as well

• Like 1

@BuggyGuy I just used a TRF 501X rear tower and trimmed the lower edge down. The front tower of my Cougar KC is held on with two bolts and has been fine, so I’m not too worried.

Carbon towers are often worse than stock plastic towers. Too stiff, too brittle. They look nice though. 

On 4/21/2022 at 3:46 AM, tamiya3speed said:

Noticed on @Mokei Kagaku Facebook page that there is a 22059 Metal Bevel setup coming out.  Wonder if that will solve the stripping issues observed with higher power?

They are already out of stock most places. If you find a source, please do share :lol:

I've read on the TRF Facebook group that the big bore TRF dampers don't fit on the front and it's advisable to only use the DF03/TT02B hopup front dampers. Has anyone tried front big bores? Part #54504 specifically?

Thanks!

On 4/21/2022 at 7:43 AM, matisse said:

This looks to be a re-issue of the DB02 set that is being used by those who could find them. It does exactly that, makes the whole assembly much stronger and more reliable it seems

Well spotted!  Probably not quite identical though. It seems 22059 will come with only 4 20T (large) bevel gears  for 2 diffs (not all 6 for one diff). Also, contrary to the previous version, they are no longer in steel (were they forged?), but are supposed to be "cast alloy".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BuggyGuy said:

I've read on the TRF Facebook group that the big bore TRF dampers don't fit on the front and it's advisable to only use the DF03/TT02B hopup front dampers. Has anyone tried front big bores? Part #54504 specifically?

Thanks!

Running big bores front and back on mine.

They are included in the official hop up list and also in the manual at the back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuggyGuy said:

Thanks!

The buggy big bores only dont fit the front td2 but somebody made them fit. They used Schumacher tapered front springs and cups and also raise the lower attachement.

278829173_10226280485815231_8411138854786422694_n.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

The buggy big bores only dont fit the front td2 but somebody made them fit. They used Schumacher tapered front springs and cups and also raise the lower attachement.

278829173_10226280485815231_8411138854786422694_n.jpg

That paintjob is SaWeet!!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

They used Schumacher tapered front springs and cups and also raise the lower attachement.

Yeah. Looks like you have to decrease the angle (towards horizontal) for shocks that won't fit a pivot ball. 

Anyone have a preference on tiresnfor general bashing around? Short cut grass, some pavement on walking trails, dirt, redwood mulch.

I've been getting generic whatever I can buy from either the hobby shop or Amazon if the lhs is out.

This is my just finished painted body kit (driver is still in progress). Being an off road buggy I thought no need for crazy fast speeds, so I opted for Tamiya's 15.5 brushless motor, paired with TBLE-04S esc. I used the kit supplied 17 tooth pinion, and programmed the esc to be in brushless mode. The result is a little too slow for my liking. Should I just use a bigger pinion? Or upgrade to the 10.5 motor? The motor's manual states that with 10.5 the TBLE-02S esc would require the cooling fan hopup (45063), I wonder if that's also the case with the TBLE-04S esc I'm using.

The car is hopped up with the slipper clutch and aluminum diff nuts. The slipper is not loose so no power loss there. Another confusing issue  - the slipper instructions say to use with 48 pitch pinion, and it meshes perfectly with the kit supplied pinion, which means the kit supplied pinion and spur are 48 pitch, right? So why does the car manual say "use module 06 pinion gear" in the setting up section on page 29?

image0 (2).jpeg

• Like 3