Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

On 4/8/2022 at 10:30 PM, Leckster said:

spacer.pngNew body for the TD4 super Avante from Team Azarashi… 

Where can someone buy this Team Azarashi body for the Super Avante?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TamiyaD said:

Where can someone buy this Team Azarashi body for the Super Avante?

Last time I checked it was only available in Japan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuggyGuy said:

Last time I checked it was only available in Japan

Understood.  As I'm also interested, do you (or anyone else) have a link?

• Like 1

Thank you @BuggyGuy!

4,703 yen is ~ 32 euro, not bad...but including shipping from Japan and import taxes it probably gets too expensive...

It is a great body shell ...

3 hours ago, TamiyaD said:

Thank you @BuggyGuy!

4,703 yen is ~ 32 euro, not bad...but including shipping from Japan and import taxes it probably gets too expensive...

It is a great body shell ...

The Revive RC and TD2 Astute bodies are the only real alternatives at the moment that will just fit.

If your willing to file the nubs off the side of the chassis I think Kyosho RB6 body could work.

• Like 1

All excellent choices but the Revive body is the second best after Team Azarashi body imho!

Thank you again!  

The revive super avante body is really good and goes on perfectly although you do have to move the roll bar and driver head but that just makes it easier to take the battery out aswell!

20230102_125119.jpg

• Like 5

Oh thanks! I didn't know that the driver does not fit with the revive body!

This changes things a little bit because I love the driver figures in my car!

Does this hold (removing the driver) for the Astute body as well? 

Nice setup by the way!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TamiyaD said:

Oh thanks! I didn't know that the driver does not fit with the revive body!

This changes things a little bit because I love the driver figures in my car!

Does this hold (removing the driver) for the Astute body as well? 

Nice setup by the way!!

Since this was taken I've put the driver figure on a bit of polycarbonate and fitted the dashboard looks pretty cool:D 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 10:26 AM, Howards said:

spacer.png

You really have to be an absolute evil genius to design such a historic, ugly, devastating abortion.
The perfect synthesis of wrong choices, bad taste, cognitive inconsistency and total inability to distinguish between good and evil mixed with an infinite arrogance in wanting to try to do a job of which one has no ability, competence, art, awareness, ability of judgment, intuition, taste and enlightenment.
There is no color scheme that can save or beautify this monstrosity.

Max

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2023 at 11:17 AM, moffman said:

20230102_125119.jpg

Better but not good.
Also because worse was impossible.

Max

12 minutes ago, kontemax said:

You really have to be an absolute evil genius to design such a historic, ugly, devastating abortion.
The perfect synthesis of wrong choices, bad taste, cognitive inconsistency and total inability to distinguish between good and evil mixed with an infinite arrogance in wanting to try to do a job of which one has no ability, competence, art, awareness, ability of judgment, intuition, taste and enlightenment.

Max

"Devastating abortion" really??  Strong views on what is a light hearted hobby and a couple of vehicles that may or may not polarise opinions! Are they that important? Probably not? I didn't really like the body on the super avante myself but did it bother me that much? Definitely not! Each to their own I suppose!

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, kontemax said:

Max

Have a 'minor' opinion, do you?  Bet you also enjoy stealing candy from children.  As for the TD4 body, while I am in agreement with many others that it's extremely far from "perfect", I don't think it as horrible as you want to make it out to be...and, I am in complete disagreement with your "no color scheme can save" comment.  I've shown mine (in person) to write a number of people, and every one of them has REALLY liked what I did.

20220830_195839.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kontemax said:

Max

I think it looks okay.

1 hour ago, Panther6834 said:

I've shown mine (in person) to write a number of people, and every one of them has REALLY liked what I did.

20220830_195839.jpg

If I could change one thing I'd paint the driver, otherwise your buggy looks pretty cool.

3 hours ago, kontemax said:

Max

TomAto..tomaato image.png.f14f80953b64843a0b1dfdb71cdc1601.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kontemax said:

Max

Really? What side of whose bed did you wake up on this morning?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RichieRich said:

Really? What side of whose bed did you wake up on this morning?

It would have sounded more elegant in Italian.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TamiyaD said:

OK... But what about the chassis and it's performance? 

Performance?  It's a Tamiya...what 'performance'?  Lol

8 hours ago, Panther6834 said:

Have a 'minor' opinion, do you?  Bet you also enjoy stealing candy from children.  As for the TD4 body, while I am in agreement with many others that it's extremely far from "perfect", I don't think it as horrible as you want to make it out to be...and, I am in complete disagreement with your "no color scheme can save" comment.  I've shown mine (in person) to write a number of people, and every one of them has REALLY liked what I did.

20220830_195839.jpg

Looks pretty good to me! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, moffman said:

Looks pretty good to me! 

Indeed, I like it very much! I know that most of you will strongly disagree but I also love the wheel fenders... 

1 minute ago, TamiyaD said:

Indeed, I like it very much! I know that most of you will strongly disagree but I also love the wheel fenders... 

Mate I'm on the same page as you! That's what got me to buy the super avante was the wheels fenders! And the crazy front suspension set up a few people don't like it but I find it very interesting and I think its brilliant we have a manufacturer that will experiment with the design of rc vehicles:D 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, moffman said:

Mate I'm on the same page as you! That's what got me to buy the super avante was the wheels fenders! And the crazy front suspension set up a few people don't like it but I find it very interesting and I think its brilliant we have a manufacturer that will experiment with the design of rc vehicles:D 

You read my mind! I love that inboard suspension and generally this alternative design of td4 chassis!

1 hour ago, TamiyaD said:

You read my mind! I love that inboard suspension and generally this alternative design of td4 chassis!

Yeah it may not be to everyone's liking I think its well cool personally:wub: the schumacher topcat had very similar front set up but it was quickly succeeded by the cougar or when people bought and ran it and soon discovered its limitations and retro fitted the more conventional suspension set up! Tbh i don't what the problem was with this type of set up maybe someone on this forum can educate me:D

A fair few years ago (wellover a decade ago) I was into nitro monster trucks and had a traxxas revo which had inline suspension and it was absolutely brilliant they always worked perfectly simply because it was so easily set up and always stayed clean because the body protected the shocks so they do work and a lot of 1/1 competition cars use this sort of setup!

• Like 1