Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

More hop up info on Paisen RC YouTube.

Helps if you speak Japanese (I don’t)…but the pictures are good. :)

also answers the question if the big bore dampers for at the front…they do

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matisse said:

More hop up info on Paisen RC YouTube.

Helps if you speak Japanese (I don’t)…but the pictures are good. :)

also answers the question if the big bore dampers for at the front…they do

Whats the difference between the aeration big bores and set of 4 and the front and rears available separately,? I'm planning to run the 54993 df03 dampers but really like the big bores...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Whats the difference between the aeration big bores and set of 4 and the front and rears available separately,? I'm planning to run the 54993 df03 dampers but really like the big bores...

No idea, I guess they are the same.

im in the same boat, have some DF03 with plans to make them super nice, but it looks really good with the big bores, like really good. 

4 minutes ago, matisse said:

No idea, I guess they are the same.

im in the same boat, have some DF03 with plans to make them super nice, but it looks really good with the big bores, like really good. 

Having just had a quick look; the 4 pack are half the price of the individual pairs, and the pairs come with alu lower spring cups. I'll have a look later.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, matisse said:

Presented without comment 

5B120092-1F8B-4EC4-BF72-C63D61B2DBC3.jpeg

Thanks for the info from that video ! Just got 54504 and 54505 along with the matching springs for $140 total 🙏

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Thanks for the info from that video ! Just got 54504 and 54505 along with the matching springs for $140 total 🙏

That’s what’s putting me off, that’s a wedge to spend on dampers…..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matisse said:

That’s what’s putting me off, that’s a wedge to spend on dampers…..

true, could of had another hornet :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Howards said:

Or 2-3 sets of vqs hi caps

Big Bores are the best looking though. 

I already have those ! but the big bores should be good. definitely gonna leave the shell clear in that spot so you can see the fronts. 

I can't find any of the big bore springs in stock anywhere? The cost of this buggy is getting a bit much!

• Like 2

Just now, toyolien said:

I can't find any of the big bore springs in stock anywhere? The cost of this buggy is getting a bit much!

rcmart and eBay. I got the rear spring set/dampers sets from rc mart and the front spring set on eBay. 

Just now, rwordenjr said:

rcmart and eBay. I got the rear spring set/dampers sets from rc mart and the front spring set on eBay. 

Are the spring part #'s 54506 & 54507? If so, Rcmart say 'sold out' for both.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

54508 on rcmart is the rear spring set and 54506 is the front spring set for 4wd vehicles. Here's link to front spring set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363276324744?epid=691329972&hash=item5494f4cf88:g:4RgAAOSwwnFgFKOb

Yep. Just spotted them, but $18 shipping plus 20% duty on arrival! This I'll stick with the 54993 dampers I already have.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, toyolien said:

My heretical solution is Yeah Racing dampers, less than $50 for a set. I have the 65 mm set on my TT-02 rally car, and it lands jumps well. I'll have to use the Tamiya front damper shafts in the YR dampers, but I think it'll work. If not, I'll try the dampers from my unused Cougar KC.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

54508 on rcmart is the rear spring set and 54506 is the front spring set for 4wd vehicles. Here's link to front spring set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363276324744?epid=691329972&hash=item5494f4cf88:g:4RgAAOSwwnFgFKOb

Found some in France, but they won't ship to the UK. Then I remembered Stella Models. They have both springs, so ordered from them. In for a penny and all that!!!

41 minutes ago, BelknapCrater said:

My heretical solution is Yeah Racing dampers, less than $50 for a set. I have the 65 mm set on my TT-02 rally car, and it lands jumps well. I'll have to use the Tamiya front damper shafts in the YR dampers, but I think it'll work. If not, I'll try the dampers from my unused Cougar KC.

I really want to try to keep this one all Tamiya. I know it's more expensive, but my thinking is that as it's a new chassis, it's going to be around for a long time, so spare and hop ups should be readily available... hopefully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Found some in France, but they won't ship to the UK. Then I remembered Stella Models. They have both springs, so ordered from them. In for a penny and all that!!!

I really want to try to keep this one all Tamiya. I know it's more expensive, but my thinking is that as it's a new chassis, it's going to be around for a long time, so spare and hop ups should be readily available... hopefully.

sweet man! I ordered the white wheels too that PaisenRC using. I want that paint job too! but with the area around shocks left clear so can see. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

sweet man! I ordered the white wheels too that PaisenRC using. I want that paint job too! but with the area around shocks left clear so can see. 

I've got some of those wheels here waiting. Also ordered the titanium suspension shafts. I'm still a bit puzzled by the springs. The two packs he showed were both fronts. A 2wd front pack, and a 4wd front pack. I guess the rear use the 4wd front springs?

5 minutes ago, toyolien said:

I've got some of those wheels here waiting. Also ordered the titanium suspension shafts. I'm still a bit puzzled by the springs. The two packs he showed were both fronts. A 2wd front pack, and a 4wd front pack. I guess the rear use the 4wd front springs?

when did he show pics of springs? I just saw the shock damper pics. the front springs shouldn't fit on the rear. way too short I think just by looking at the size difference between front and rear damper bodies. 

7 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

when did he show pics of springs? I just saw the shock damper pics. the front springs shouldn't fit on the rear. way too short I think just by looking at the size difference between front and rear damper bodies. 

He shows the packets at 18:50mins. He shows the DF03 springs, then the 2x packs of front big bores. 

Here you go:

springs.jpg

Which springs did you order ?

I've ordered (hopefully correct):

54504    Front Aeration Dampers
54505    Rear Aeration Dampers
54506    Front Aeration Damper Springs 2wd
54507    Front Aeration Damper Springs 4wd
54508    Rear Aeration Damper Springs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toyolien said:

The great thing is that this chassis seems it can be built Tutto Tamiya, or as a mongrel. It seems that Tamiya has lengthy plans, given all of the mounts and posts that are included but as yet unused. I have plans to create a "Schuper Avante," using this:

schumacher.jpg

6 minutes ago, toyolien said:

He shows the packets at 18:50mins. He shows the DF03 springs, then the 2x packs of front big bores. 

Here you go:

springs.jpg

Which springs did you order ?

I've ordered (hopefully correct):

54504    Front Aeration Dampers
54505    Rear Aeration Dampers
54506    Front Aeration Damper Springs 2wd
54507    Front Aeration Damper Springs 4wd
54508    Rear Aeration Damper Springs

Okay, I just ordered the front 2wd springs too (54507). So I have ordered everything you did. I think we have more than needed springs wise. We ordered everything the video shows plus the rear springs (54508).

2 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Okay, I just ordered the front 2wd springs too (54507). So I have ordered everything you did. I think we have more than needed springs wise. We ordered everything the video shows plus the rear springs (54508).

Phew. Spent all night adding stuff to baskets, and removing it, then adding it again. I just wish they would do English subtitles on these videos. Would be so much easier... and cheaper. Thanks for your help.

I really like the blue TRF turnbuckles but he never showed the part numbers or lengths... So they can wait.

• Like 1