Jump to content
Mechanic AH

The Tamiya Super Avante #58696 Information and Pictures

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, kontemax said:

Are the photos you find on the net not enough to define the ugliness of this model?
Do you need more?
Max

starting to understand the ban now..:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

starting to understand the ban now..:D

No point feeding the trolls. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haters gonna hate. 
 

I look forward to what people can do paint/mods/performance wise. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was kind of surprised how many people had the "ugly" reaction to the Super Avante. If anything, Tamiya succeeded in creating a headline dominating product. Also, if the Super Avante is ugly, does that make the Bigwig really ugly? :o:D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 12:28 AM, Nikko85 said:

starting to understand the ban now..:D

Don't let me tell the stories behind Tamiya Legends...

Max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kontemax said:

Don't let me tell the stories behind Tamiya Legends...

Max

What stories ? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

What stories ? 😂

Which Legends? :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, Howards said:

No point feeding the trolls. 

I was accused of being homophobic because I posted a photo of the Super Avante designer with the phrase "now I understand".
Obviously it was a joke but "some people" immediately thought of homophobia.
I, on the other hand, was referring to the dude's idiotic face in relation to the bad job he did on the Super Avante. Everything else is conspiracy and over-thinking but you know, sin is in the eye of the beholder, a thief will accuse you of stealing, a scammer of cheating and a homophobe of being homophobic. What does homophobia have to do with it? Who ever talked about it? What are you talking about? Put the bottle down and take a deep breath.
Obviously I didn't even have time to answer, I was immediately banned without the possibility of explaining (but in the end nothing to explain, my comment did not refer to the sexual orientation of the boy and that's all).
Curious that those who accuse of discrimination then face reverse discrimination by endorsing clearly racist, criminal and violent political groups. Ah, consistency!
I was one of the first administrators of that group (the second and for a long time the only one), I saved the group when the founder left it without administration for a year, I changed its name until I found the right one (Tamiya Legends), I readmitted the founder he had left, put him back as an administrator, then he kicked me so politely. Thank you Glenn.
The real reason is that I was the only Italian in a totally British team, I was a foreign body, a culturally different one, it was obviously better without me. Too quickly, I was kicked out, as soon as a possible excuse was seen.
But on the other hand it was customary to expel people for the most trivial (often moralistic) reasons and I often disagreed but kept silent, being in the minority. The reality is that I admitted snakes to the administrators group, believing they were enthusiasts. Respect, consideration and gratitude: zero.
My fault.
So, nothing related with trolling and yes, the Super Avante is so much ugly.
Stay away the Tamiya Legends.

Post Scriptum: I had proposed to collaborate with Tamiyaclub, to relaunch it and help it to grow further. They laughed in my face letting me know they would like it if the TC failed and closed. Let's forget what they said on Rc Kicks.
A den of evil serpents.Stay away.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Collin said:

Which Legends? :blink:

Tamiya Legends Facebook Group.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Propper example of a social media dilemma.

 

Are you active here more often now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has taken an unusual turn.  :lol:

I'm glad they decided to go with the captured nut for the front damper/steering bridge.  Being able to switch out the ball diffs for TA06 gear diffs is something I was hoping for too.

Has anyone seen or been given a firm release date?  Best I've seen is end of October.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blista said:

This thread has taken an unusual turn.  :lol:

I'm glad they decided to go with the captured nut for the front damper/steering bridge.  Being able to switch out the ball diffs for TA06 gear diffs is something I was hoping for too.

Has anyone seen or been given a firm release date?  Best I've seen is end of October.

Last I checked modelsport still listed 21/10/21

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like first round of hop-ups a month later as well…

2DC0355D-8A12-40B1-A9D8-028AD276F2BB.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kontemax said:

I was accused of being homophobic because I posted a photo of the Super Avante designer with the phrase "now I understand".
Obviously it was a joke but "some people" immediately thought of homophobia.
I, on the other hand, was referring to the dude's idiotic face in relation to the bad job he did on the Super Avante. Everything else is conspiracy and over-thinking but you know, sin is in the eye of the beholder, a thief will accuse you of stealing, a scammer of cheating and a homophobe of being homophobic. What does homophobia have to do with it? Who ever talked about it? What are you talking about? Put the bottle down and take a deep breath.
Obviously I didn't even have time to answer, I was immediately banned without the possibility of explaining (but in the end nothing to explain, my comment did not refer to the sexual orientation of the boy and that's all).
Curious that those who accuse of discrimination then face reverse discrimination by endorsing clearly racist, criminal and violent political groups. Ah, consistency!
I was one of the first administrators of that group (the second and for a long time the only one), I saved the group when the founder left it without administration for a year, I changed its name until I found the right one (Tamiya Legends), I readmitted the founder he had left, put him back as an administrator, then he kicked me so politely. Thank you Glenn.
The real reason is that I was the only Italian in a totally British team, I was a foreign body, a culturally different one, it was obviously better without me. Too quickly, I was kicked out, as soon as a possible excuse was seen.
But on the other hand it was customary to expel people for the most trivial (often moralistic) reasons and I often disagreed but kept silent, being in the minority. The reality is that I admitted snakes to the administrators group, believing they were enthusiasts. Respect, consideration and gratitude: zero.
My fault.
So, nothing related with trolling and yes, the Super Avante is so much ugly.
Stay away the Tamiya Legends.

Post Scriptum: I had proposed to collaborate with Tamiyaclub, to relaunch it and help it to grow further. They laughed in my face letting me know they would like it if the TC failed and closed. Let's forget what they said on Rc Kicks.
A den of evil serpents.Stay away.

O tempora o mores<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Collin said:

Propper example of a social media dilemma.

 

Are you active here more often now?

Collin, I have several and very serious family problems as you can read in the build section.
I try to come back to the hobby but I'm not sure if I will be able to do it.
Max

Edit: I never really quit, I always read lurked the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RCJAZ now has some of the hop ups available. Titanium screw set included which does not seem to be listed at all on most UK sites I’ve checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kontemax said:

I was accused of being homophobic because I posted a photo of the Super Avante designer with the phrase "now I understand".
Obviously it was a joke but "some people" immediately thought of homophobia.
I, on the other hand, was referring to the dude's idiotic face in relation to the bad job he did on the Super Avante. Everything else is conspiracy and over-thinking but you know, sin is in the eye of the beholder, a thief will accuse you of stealing, a scammer of cheating and a homophobe of being homophobic. What does homophobia have to do with it? Who ever talked about it? What are you talking about? Put the bottle down and take a deep breath.
Obviously I didn't even have time to answer, I was immediately banned without the possibility of explaining (but in the end nothing to explain, my comment did not refer to the sexual orientation of the boy and that's all).
Curious that those who accuse of discrimination then face reverse discrimination by endorsing clearly racist, criminal and violent political groups. Ah, consistency!
I was one of the first administrators of that group (the second and for a long time the only one), I saved the group when the founder left it without administration for a year, I changed its name until I found the right one (Tamiya Legends), I readmitted the founder he had left, put him back as an administrator, then he kicked me so politely. Thank you Glenn.
The real reason is that I was the only Italian in a totally British team, I was a foreign body, a culturally different one, it was obviously better without me. Too quickly, I was kicked out, as soon as a possible excuse was seen.
But on the other hand it was customary to expel people for the most trivial (often moralistic) reasons and I often disagreed but kept silent, being in the minority. The reality is that I admitted snakes to the administrators group, believing they were enthusiasts. Respect, consideration and gratitude: zero.
My fault.
So, nothing related with trolling and yes, the Super Avante is so much ugly.
Stay away the Tamiya Legends.

Post Scriptum: I had proposed to collaborate with Tamiyaclub, to relaunch it and help it to grow further. They laughed in my face letting me know they would like it if the TC failed and closed. Let's forget what they said on Rc Kicks.
A den of evil serpents.Stay away.

Ciao Max,

I love both the Italian culture and the British culture.  In the case of the Italians, because they can laugh at themselves which is priceless and much similar to my own culture, Iranian.

In the case of the Brits, because they dislike everyone including themselves, so I love them to help them out 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, toyolien said:

It's going to be a great buggy. I've also pre-ordered a few (read; quite a few) hop ups. Not been as excited by a new release for a long time. I'm hoping they follow it with the release of a 2wd TD2 version. Doubt they will though as they do seem to view 4wd buggies as 'superior', but we'll see.

Got tonight’s lottery numbers by any chance?? 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimmyMcGoose said:

Got tonight’s lottery numbers by any chance?? 😂

Haha. Forgot about this post. Try 1,2,3,4,5 & 6. 👌 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

Has the manual been posted yet?  Really interested in flipping through it but I can’t find it anywhere.

Nope, I check Tamiya USA and Tamiya Japan’s website daily. Nothing yet. Your best bet (and what I did) is to watch the Competition X unboxing video at high definition and at half speed or slower (pause, then use the period and comma keys to advance or reverse the video frame-by-frame). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting features there. Can't understand for the life of me why you wouldn't just go straight for the obviously possible transverse battery install and permanently bolt down the front suspension and steering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...