Shodog

I need admin help please

I’m wanting to resubscribe to the main site and open my showroom again.  I’ve lost the use of the email account that was associated with my log on many years ago. I’ve sent a number of emails to the Tamiya club contact address but have not gotten a reply. How should I proceed?

I guess I was luck as they got me all set up my showroom log on and a TC photos account.   

19 hours ago, Mad Zero said:

Wasting your time asking for anything from admin

Yep, he doesn't seem to care. Or maybe he isn't responding to my message because I am no subscriber...

1 hour ago, Albert Attaboy said:

Yep, he doesn't seem to care. Or maybe he isn't responding to my message because I am no subscriber...

That’s how it comes across yes but tbh I’ve known Chris a few years & it’s usually cos he’s busy. He will care eventually! :lol:

3 hours ago, Shodog said:

I guess I was luck as they got me all set up my showroom log on and a TC photos account.   

I’ll be less grumpy when he fixes my avatar :angry:

11 hours ago, Albert Attaboy said:

Whats the issue, maybe I can help. How did you contact @netsmithUK

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Albert Attaboy said:

I've asked him to setup my avatar.

I've asked @netsmithUK what the current situation is with Avatar's as I can see and change your Forum profile picture but I think there is/was a long running coding issue. Will follow up when I understand the issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acprc said:

I've asked @netsmithUK what the current situation is with Avatar's as I can see and change your Forum profile picture but I think there is/was a long running coding issue. Will follow up when I understand the issue.

In my case it seemed to be because the max image size is set to 0Mb

DD590189-DE1A-407C-A9D2-AE975227F326.jpeg

Yep @Mad Zero I am guessing thats the issue. Looking at mine (that has an Avatar) it shows a file size of 0.05mb. Will see what I can help with.

19 minutes ago, acprc said:

Got it, can't change it. Talking to @netsmithUK to see what can be done 

Yeh I did that too :lol:

..reply from his office was he’s waterskiing in Dubai until Tuesday. 

5 hours ago, Goudar said:

I send him pm's to setup my avatar too, with out any success :unsure:

Sadly I can't change avatars. Its something only @netsmithUK can do currently.

• Thanks 1

Hi Goudar

I got you email and avatar request. I batch these requests up and process them at the same time, so there can be a lag before you see the results.

Regards

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to explain why this is so complicated is from the start of the forum (and demonstrable in most other forums you can visit) what a percentage of users think is appropriate/funny for an image on a family site is very 'varied' Even now, knowing that they are checked I still get things sent through that I know could cause offence to visitors. I didn't want the forum to become a mess with this type of content so thats why we have avatar moderation. Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this other than set the upload size to 1kb for images. That isn't because we are expecting anyone to send an image that small, its basically to turn the avatar upload feature off while still allowing me to display user avatars in the forum. 

Regards

Chris

• Like 3

15 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Just to explain why this is so complicated is from the start of the forum (and demonstrable in most other forums you can visit) what a percentage of users think is appropriate/funny for an image on a family site is very 'varied' Even now, knowing that they are checked I still get things sent through that I know could cause offence to visitors. I didn't want the forum to become a mess with this type of content so thats why we have avatar moderation. Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this other than set the upload size to 1kb for images. That isn't because we are expecting anyone to send an image that small, its basically to turn the avatar upload feature off while still allowing me to display user avatars in the forum. 

Regards

Chris

That makes perfect sense. Hopefully you got my request from a few months ago?