GTodd

Did anyone get an EVO rere

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I havent been this excited for  a rere since the Avante and the Bruiser. And I cant get one! Ive been on Tower Hobbies back order list since it hit their site. My card is on file, and Im just waiting. The site went from expected June to now expected July grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The wait was long, but the ones I had on preorder at Tamico arrived at the start of June. No time to build yet, but I’m really looking forward to it. 

Mine was preordered the day it went up and when they bumped it to july i called and was told late july or later. To be honest i am over it. When it comes it comes i really dont care. 

Guys its worth the wait! I pre-ordered mine the moment it was announced (I've just did the same with the super avante) and I was very fortunate to get it mid (ish) may things are starting to come through so hopefully it won't be long before the 2nd batch turn up? I have been told its going to be very limited though so its definitely don't hang around when they do appear!

20210527_111118.jpg

• Like 3

Preordered when announced- also got mid May despite the date changing to July. Actually ordered a thunder dragon so I could have that until the evo arrived. But the TD looks to be a while off. I already have a top force, a restored evolution and had maybe 4 manta rays and terra conqueror etc. But still think the EVO is a great build and a good overall package. Sure it would be nice if it had a different motor or alloy motor Mount included but it it really is worth trying to get if you have some level of interest.

i pre-ordered mine with tony but got no conformation or any other message of him even after a couple of months so gave my lhs the order and i was the first to get one from them.

i think there are some on e-bay at around the rrp price so go and have a look 

and at the same time have a look at the price's the 2017 top-force's plus the mant=rays are going for :o

Tower finally has the evo!!!! Tamiya USA does as well. Get them while you can gang!

• Like 1

I pre-ordered with Tower and crickets.... Then it showed up the other day lol I completely forgot about it.

Now, what are people's suggestions for motors and moderate hopups? 

On 6/27/2021 at 11:04 PM, moffman said:

Guys its worth the wait! I pre-ordered mine the moment it was announced (I've just did the same with the super avante) and I was very fortunate to get it mid (ish) may things are starting to come through so hopefully it won't be long before the 2nd batch turn up? I have been told its going to be very limited though so its definitely don't hang around when they do appear!

20210527_111118.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous ⬆️

3 hours ago, TheGizmodi said:

I pre-ordered with Tower and crickets.... Then it showed up the other day lol I completely forgot about it.

Now, what are people's suggestions for motors and moderate hopups? 

-Alloy motor mount and use of steel pinion are essential

If you want to but not really needed: alloy front knuckles, hub carriers. Alloy rear gearbox parts from customRC parts. Alloy wheel hexes to replace the plastic kit ones.

motors wise keeping it Tamiya: super stock BZ is great or 10.5 or 13.5 brushless. If brushless you may need the high speed Ta02 gearset to get the right ratio.

Otherwise you are looking at shims to remove play in suspension arms, suitable tyres and tuning the shocks so it works for how you run it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 2:55 AM, GTodd said:

Tower finally has the evo!!!! Tamiya USA does as well. Get them while you can gang!

Yeah I think your right! And probably that goes for the majority of the tamiya range at the moment? Don't no if it's just scare mongering but the precious metals (top end quality alloys etc) they use in the electronics industry etc as well as the silicon chips are becoming increasingly expensive to produce because of world supply and demand so no doubt that will drip feed into our hobby one way or another?

I just got one today from Tower Hobbies that I had backordered. I bought a second one from another dist. That one will be thursday. They're all back ordered again now. These are an popular buggy.

On 1/30/2022 at 2:52 AM, Alangt4 said:

-Alloy motor mount and use of steel pinion are essential

If you want to but not really needed: alloy front knuckles, hub carriers. Alloy rear gearbox parts from customRC parts. Alloy wheel hexes to replace the plastic kit ones.

motors wise keeping it Tamiya: super stock BZ is great or 10.5 or 13.5 brushless. If brushless you may need the high speed Ta02 gearset to get the right ratio.

Otherwise you are looking at shims to remove play in suspension arms, suitable tyres and tuning the shocks so it works for how you run it.

I appreciate the detailed response. Is there a particular brand or place to pick up these that is easily accessible to the US?

I’m in uk so not sure where is best so am sure someone else can comment,  but online options are fastrax, jazzrider, GPM and yeah racing. As well as the Tamiya one.

The only thing to note on them is which way they fit in- some of them you have to look carefully to see what way they should go in others are keyed or marked like the plastic original.

Steel pinion is the 06 Module type.

Finally received mine from Horizon/Tower. It was backordered since May last year, LoL. I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna receive it. Stumbled across Horizon's eBay listing. And I saw it was available on the Tower website as well, so I knew they had received a shipment. Sold out quickly.

Got my second one on friday and built it saturday. All is done except the decals. What a great looking buggy. It drives really good too. Mine both came with the TBLE04 ESC. I installed a Savox SC1251 Low profile servo, spektrum 215 receiver, Tamiya BZ Stock motor and using a 6 cell 1800mah nimh pack. I'll have to post some pic's of the install. The only problem I had was the dampers. The bladder doesn't slide in the cap like some of Tamiya shocks and I had to redo a couple as they got air in them. They are nice and build easy. The whole build was easy and straight forward. Wish I would have raced one of these back in the day.

Cory

The initial release of the Evo was after I left the hobby the first time. So there’s no nostalgia but ever since I saw one since getting back in to the hobby last year I fell in love with it. It’s such a good looking buggy, some of the lines are so good, especially when paired with a wing set to a good angle.

All that said I don’t have one yet. But that day will come ;)

Has anyone fitted one of the third party cockpits I've seen around on Instagram?

4 hours ago, LEE71 said:

Just finished my Christmas present 

20220208_123554.jpg

That's spectacular. 

I'm another who's not of its time (my before was before it, my after is only now), but everything except the body shell on the TF puts it right on my radar. I just didn't fancy the big kick up behind the cab. Now you've done this and I have to throw that out the window... 

I do also like the alternative, slightly retro, shell I see is available, but I probably shouldn't say that here... 

Cheers guys. Dare I say it, but I wasn't a fan of the box art so wanted to do something a bit different. Original was after a left the hobby so knew nothing about it. I'm happy with it. Wasn't sure what to do with the TRF decals but it seems to work.