silvertriple

Kyosho Javelin - Legendary series - 30618

Well, when looking at Kyosho's, my first choice was the Javelin. This build thread certainly reconfirms how cool a buggy it is.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cambragol said:

Well, when looking at Kyosho's, my first choice was the Javelin. This build thread certainly reconfirms how cool a buggy it is.

Charms of a roll cage buggy, I guess...

I really had something for the Javelin and the Turbo Scorpion (I saw you browse thru the Turbo Scorpion thread as well :-)). And on other brands, I hope on day i'll be able to have a Marui Samurai as well in my stable. They were the cool kids in the gang with the Hotshots... Yes there was other, but those ones were having some uniqueness in their design...

On the other side, I miss the paintjob part on the Javelin : I like to make buggys mine, and it is generally thru the paint I express this. On the Javelin, there is not much you can play with, unfortunately.... But I love it the way it is :-)

I think you can put the Optima body right over the Javelin roll-cage...which makes the best of both worlds! I found a used one in my area that is set up just this way. Looks very cool to see the roll-cage peeking out from under the body.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambragol said:

I think you can put the Optima body right over the Javelin roll-cage...which makes the best of both worlds! I found a used one in my area that is set up just this way. Looks very cool to see the roll-cage peeking out from under the body.

Well, somehow, I have that in mind since some time, but won't do this for the Turbo Optima which I Intend to run with the Turbo Optima body.

But as said earlier in this thread, at some point I'll get an Optima chain brushed setup for some classic race. That may be exactly what I'll do for this one :-D

When you like to run a car, and that it's roll cage based, and by essence close to the box art, and you go to vintage events there is fair chance you see few Javelin of the same color... I converted mine to red, and in anycase I'll have the orange roll cage with me... I also replaced the front led lights support (broken too easily on a jump on the track at some point) by some TPU printed ones which should be far more resistant...

85fqjlQ.jpg
rB2u7wq.jpg

Still a a few stickers to add on top of this... I love red cars :-)