DarthSeanious

TT01e brushless

Greetings everybody. I recently got a TT01E Buggyra kit, my first Tamiya kit since a TT01 in around 2003. I have just about completed building the chassis and I am thinking of throwing in a brushless motor. I have installed a full set of bearings, the aluminium prop shaft and cups and a metal motor mount. I plan on installing Yeah Racing 55mm shocks and the aluminium steering setup. I have no experience with the Tamiya brushed/brushless esc included with this kit. I know Tamiya makes brushless motors but I was looking at the Hobbywing Quicrun 13.5t brushless motor. Would the esc handle this ok? If it does burn out I will get the Quicrun esc. Also would I need to do any driveline updates? I will be sticking to 2s lipo and I have a lipo alarm as I know the esc does not have a low voltage cutoff. 

Aye, 13.5t works fine. All my TT-01s are running 13.5t and the stock TBLE-02 ESC without issue. The only one which needs a fan is the one geared at 28/55. The others geared at 25/58 run fine without fans. Apart from a steel pinion, it sounds like your drivetrain is sufficiently upgraded to run the extra power without issue.

• Like 1

While I was on the Hobbywing website checking out the motor it was $54 and the 60amp sensored esc was only $39 so I ordered both. Will run the stock till my HW order arrives (have to ship it to my courier in NY and then they ship it to me In South Africa so I have a while to wait) will order a steel pinion gear, what size would you recommend? Running the stock spur which I believe is a 61? Just looking for some more oomph not really top speed